Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Seat Answers #55 - Kingdom_of_Zito

MLB ERA

Hot Seat Answers #55 - Kingdom_of_Zito

Kingdom_of_Zito, your Hot Seat questions have been asked in this thread. You have up to 7 days in which to answer these questions, should you choose to do so. Once you have done that, please select the next Hot Seat participant. Thank you for participating. The next Hot Seat (#56) will begin on Saturday, May 10th, or when you're done answering, whichever comes first.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Hot Seat Answers #55 - Kingdom_of_Zito

Goin' down the line, so be patient.

Redsfan28 (so, considering taking TSSL over again? BAHAHA)
    1) Seeing how Barry Zito's career has tanked, should he have dumped Alyssa Milano?
    First, he's hit rock bottom and everyone knows this but he's plenty young enough to turn it around. Second, high maintainence ladies do athletes no good, examples being Tony Romo, Kris Benson, and whoever Roger Clemens is doing these days. He's better off dating some normal gal.

2) Bigger ho: Jamie Lynn Spears or Britney Spears
    Neither are of importance. No, really, they're not. What real impact do they have on the world? Some pop music hits? Breathing life into a dying MTV? They're irrelevant.

3) Old Metallica or New Metallica
    I don't really care much for them. Not my thing. I was a Beatles guy back then, back in 'Nam.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Doppelganger (When I look back on things, I realize I only deal with you, mofo, DMB, mission, porter, and PA 90% of the time)
    1. Do you have a favorite team or do you just follow team Zito?
    I am still aboard team Zito and that will not change unless he rapes, mames, molests, or kills someone. But my team is Atlanta. I just don't whore out that section because it is pointless and pretty dumb to post little news bits that have obviously been on ESPN and any other sporting news associate so why bother? I also don't feel the need to post play by play when I watch their games. With that said, yeah, braves. I haven't left, don't plan on it. I've especially found myself disagreeing with moves they make in recent years more than ever, partly because we've become such an afterthought, but because there's this idea that we can rely on pitchers with a history doused in gaso-INJURIES. I will not argue the talents of Soriano, MGonzalez, Hampton, and the like but it's just not going to work out. Our ace is in his 40's. Our backup plans are named Jeff Bennett, Jojo Reyes, and Buddy Carlyle. I just picture the off chance we could have had Adam Wainwright in the mix and it depresses me.

2. Iron Man is regarded as the worst movie in 10 years by all critics before its release. Your reaction?
    The early reviews have been stellar so that's impossible. Even if it were panned by critics, it would not stop me. The trailers have been freaking amazing, Batman Begins amazing, so my reaction would be that 50 and 60 year old movie know it alls can stick to their freaking overly depressive biopics or dramas like Atonement and No Country for Losers cause it's all about energy and excitement and how do you not feel that when Ozzy's music pipes up and Iron Man dodges a tank shell and fires his own missile. Awesome. Just awesome.

By the way, not an Iron Man fan. He wasn't very interesting to me before Civil War, but then he became something of an impressive figure, albeit a flippin' jackass. This is an amazing run for the character, to be a central part of the biggest comic book story arc and now to get a movie that's well casted and reportedly well done? Jack pot.

3. When are we going to have the wedding ceremony?
    Shut up, Nomar.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Kingdom (no one else askes themselves questions, so I had to be the first)
    1. After The Dark Knight comes out, will we say The Joker is/was Heath Ledger and not Jack.
    The first trailer should have already cemented the fact that Ledger's version is infinitely times better than Jacko's performance. For one, Ledger is portraying the Joker as the serial killer, one of the greatest villains of all time. Jack was a clown. A hokey, loud clown. He did a good job, no doubt but Ledger is making the Joker what he should be. Scary. And it's sad that he's gone.

Before Ledger's Joker, I honestly prolly would said Jack's Joker was the best comic book movie villain adaptation. But it's not the greatest competition. Michelle FIFER was the best Catwoman there's ever been. Cillian Murphy was believable as Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow. Ian McKellan had the right attitude for Magneto. The vampires in Blade 2 were good and Willem Dafoe did Green Goblin justice. Past that? All of the Batman villains after Tim Burton's reign were extraordinarily corny, Nip/Tuck guy as Dr. Doom sucks, The Juggernaut was turned into a mutant, lowly villain when he's.. hello unstoppable?. Wes Bentley's creepy but playing the devil's son was not.. creepy.

2. You're still Kingdom of Zito, even though Zito's Kingdom is more or less a little hut down by the river. Why?
    I'm loyal to players I love. I will always like him, Warrick Dunn, Tony Gwynn, etc. as athletes no matter what happens with their career. As stated before, unless he becomes a psycho basically, then, well, Kingdom of Kendrick? Perhaps. Look, I really could care less how much flack he gets on this forum and everywhere else. In the end, the giants are the ones who gave him the big deal and he's set for life. Who wouldn't want to be in that position? He's going to be able to buy gas for life. Lucky bastard. I wish he didn't sign with the giants, but sadly, that's better than the yankees.

3. You get to have dinner with any three people and they're paying. Who's invited?
    Clearly I'm picking people with money. Cause I'm poor. Funny, I asked myself this question several days ago and now it's just making me think of that moment in Family Guy when Brian is dead in the future and he's in heaven with Kurt Cobain and others. I'll pick Maggie Gyllenhaal, cause she's my date. Long before she was cast in The Dark Knight, she was my favorite actress [drool]. Next would be Bill Simmons, in an obvious choice. Finally, I'd go for John McCain. I have a great deal of respect for him, for what he's done, and for how much he gives a damn about sports.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Browntown (Made for UPS)
    1. How high are your expectations for the Dark Knight?
    If it doesn't top Batman Begins or Spider-man, I will be disappointed. I'm looking at putting in the top five, which is hard to crack. Here's instantly why it tops Batman Begins:

1) The Joker is a better villain, perhaps the best villain, in the DC Universe, so it's an immediate upgrade of Rah's Agul. And The Scarecrow is back, albeit briefly. Cillian Murphy is always a plus. I never cared for Two-Face but he's perfect tie in to The Joker. My only problem is, there's no Harley Quinn. You razzle up Britney Murphy a little and she's a perfect Harley Quinn and I have no doubt Chris Nolan could fit her in perfectly.

2) Biggest detractors from Batman Begins were: A) origin story and B) Katie Holmes. The Dark Knight's not even touching on the Joker's origin really and Maggie Gyllenhaal is a real actress. Problems fixed.

3) Nolan, like Burton, is retaining his dark, grungy, gothic feel from his first Batman. He's creating his own standards and you don't have to like Batman's vehicles, but honestly, you're more likely to find a mishmash tank and motorcycle than all the super-do-it-all things from Burton and Silver's films.

4) This is huge but it's underrated: Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and Gary Oldman return. You keep three amazing and one day, legendary actors in the fold, you know what the Hell you're doing.

2. Why the man love of Barry Zito?
    Before he became a giant, Zito was this care-free, really laid back, guitar playing, witty humored lefty that suddenly swam ahead of Mulder and Hudson and then got a Cy Young. His personality is similar to my personality. That's easy for me to adore.

3. The single worst movie you've ever seen?
    The Hulk or American Beauty
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Giantsfan (the red headed step child of the Syracuse clique)
    1. If you could get the autograph of any current baseball player other than Zito, who would it be?
    Someone memorable like John Smoltz or Curt Schilling. Or both Uptons on one baseball or bat, or something. I never was big into autographs, I have Curtis Martin, Brett Favre, and a few others but.. heh. Speaking of which, Curtis Martin sent his auto back in less than a week. That guy rules.

2. Why you gotta constantly make fun of me?
    You open yourself up for easy punishment. Try not being such a loof, disorganized in thought (I mean this when you get into cat fights with PA, I know he's a douche, but you're getting killed out there!), or easy prey.

3. Rank your top 7 comedians, and share with us the logic behind the list
    Well this question sucks. I don't watch many comedies on TV, don't watch standup routines much, and prefer action and horror over comedy with movies. Bill Simmons and Matthew Berry frequently make me laugh, does that count? Prolly not. I'll change your question. My top seven actors? Okay, gotcha.

7- Paul Rudd/Seth Rogen: Great as part of the Apatow club. But the scene with the chairs in Knocked Up? Forever gold.
    6- Cillian Murphy: Underrated. 28 Days Later will be a classic decades down the road.
    5- Christian Bale: His best work is outside of Batman. If you consider yourself a movie fan, give yourself the golden opportunity to watch The Machinist, American Psycho and/ or Equilibrium. Clearly Rescue Dawn, Batman Begins and The Prestige help too.
    4- Brad Pitt: Being David Fincher's go to guy, bringing Jesse James alive and defining cool in the Ocean movies and the Mexican.
    3- Matt Damon: Dogma. Nuff Said.
    2- John Cusack: Three names. Buck Weaver, Lloyd Dobler, Martin Blank. That is all.
    1- Will Smith: He's only starred in one movie that I did not like and that was Wild Wild West. No other actor holds such distinction with me.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'll return when I wake up.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Reefer (Where loving Bocock happens)
    1. If you had one celebrity to assassinate, who would it be?
    Rhymes with Cary Fonds. Actually, eh, you know what? Lindsay Lohan needs put out of her misery. I mean, it's just getting to the point where rehabbing isn't working. She's bound to, at this rate, run over someone.

2. What do you put on your hot dog, ketchup or mustard?
    Ketchup. It's more like, I enjoy a little hot dog with my ketchup.

3. Are you a tit or ass man?
    Ass
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Brewerfan (Where loving to use !!!!'s happens)
    1. Your role models/mentors in the sports/entertainment genre, and in real life?
    Real life? Firefighters like my brother in law. My parents obviously. This one professor I had my freshman year for English. As for the I don't know you but I think you're cool, John McCain obviously. Cal Ripkin Jr. Mark Harmon. Steve Nash.

2. Do you have a favorite color and number, if so, what are they and why?
    Yeah, you're weird. Red, cause it's a deep color and my eyes are sensitive to it. Really, do people still have favorite numbers? By liking a certain number, what benefits are there? I like 10.

3. What is your favorite band/singer? And your favorite type of music?
    Mostly rock and it's various branches. I do listen to things outside of that sometimes, just depends. My favorite band is the Deftones, followed closely by Incubus.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Riverdunesrat (Where being creepy happens)
    1) Do you have big fat oozing zits on your body as in your name "Zit Boy"? If so, where are they located and what is your remedy for taking them away?
    No but I have this scab thing on the lower part of my back that I'm always picking at and thusly bleeding through my shirt. It's really weird to wash clothes and see every shirt with blood on it. I have no remedies.

2) If you could have lunch with Tony Gwynn what would you and he talk about? Besides your big round tummies of course.
    We'd talk about what it's like for his son to play under heavy scrutiny being the son of a great and not really entrenching himself in the majors yet. Then we'd discuss who we think are on steroids (I picture him theorizing that David Eckstein is a user because no one would suspect a midget using steroids, while I suggest Tony LaRussa is on steroids), and since he worked for ESPN once, we'd talk about who's the most annoying there (obviously he's going to say John Kruk, while I say Joe Morgan).

3) If Chris Henry had some kick ass reefer would you smoke it with him for hours upon hours, drink Alize', meet up with Michael Vick for some questionable recreation and talk about the back woods of West Virginia? (SQUEEEEELLLLLL)
    You've officially entered the Tyson Zone. Largely, I can't even figure you out at all. I don't smoke and I'm sure Chris Henry is going to be plenty busy running away from his legal troubles and I don't drink. Not exactly sure why Mike Vick would want to talk about West Virginia. Not exactly sure why you're talking about football players, when you're iHatefootball.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hot Corner Girl (Where... eh... forget it)
    1. Marvel or DC comics? And why?
    Marvel. Here's what I am not crazy about in DC. Don't get me wrong, Batman, Superman, the Manhunter, etc. are all fun and have their moments but look at it like this:

Wonder Woman: Has terrible enemies and clearly wants to be a transvestite
    Batman/Green Arrow: They name all their gadgets after themselves (Bat-arang, Arrowcar), I mean, WTF is that? Plus, their sidekicks always die or get hooked on crack.
    Superman: As Clark Kent, he's more believable. As Superman, he's some ultra-do-gooder that's weak to rocks.
    Green Lantern: I liked it better when the powers of a ring summoned Captain Planet.

To me, that's just not that great. But someone people enjoy that sort of stuff.

2. My whole theatre class is having a huge debate about this one...Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert?
    Colbert. One very important reason why: Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law. He was voice of Phil Ken Sebben. Instant victory. I don't care if Jon Stewart was in an Adam Sandler movie. I don't care if Stewart was an awards host. When you enter [adult swim], you enter greatness.

3. Finish the sentence - the best food of all time is...
    BBQ ribs off the grill.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Bon Bon (Can't decide if a Ricky Martin or Bon Jovi joke works best here)
    1. Other than the 3 candidates that are running for the Presidency, who do you think would make a better candidate then all three?
    I would have been fine with Colbert. Howard Dean seemed like fun. Ultimately myself, though. Which isn't exactly a good thing cause I once wrote a paper on how I would run the world. I was compared to dictators.

2. Do you perfer showers or baths?
    [awkward pause] Uhhh... let's go with showers.

3. Do you consider cheerleading a sport?
    My sister used to be the cheerleading coach at my high school. So, sure, I guess. Not everyone can do it, obviously. Not that everyone would want to. My sources say DirtyKash would be excellent at tumbling.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Okay, it's time to wrap this up and eventually pick the next fuddrucker.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

DiamondDave (Man who's avatar is older than himself, which is saying something)
    1) If you were a video game character, who would you be? What is the similarity to make you choose this one?
    Leon Kennedy, from Resident Evil 2 and 4. Well, he's a young dude and kinda naive. But has a hero's heart and ends up kicking a lot of ass. Plus, I'm sure he and Claire got it on at some point and c'mon, Claire is one hot video game lady.

2) Guilty pleasure CD that you own that you don't really break out in front of your guy friends is WHAT ONE?
    Kelly Clarkson's My December

3) Worst picture that was ever taken of you was while you were doing what?
    Wearing these goggles that came with a snowblower, while making a distorted face. Good times. I don't even know what the whole point of it was either.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Giantsfanatic (Reefer's buddy)
    1. How's the life in Fairmont WV? I mean what are some things to do?
    Boring, uneventful. Nothing, really. I mean, here's the thing, the bars and clubs have the ugliest things (they lost the right to be called women) ever and I could careless abouy the great outdoors, so, for me, there's nothing to do.

2. As a Steeler fan whats your expectations of Limus Sweed?
    Fairly low, receivers really struggle early on and let's face it, we've had Troy Edwards and Flaxico Curress smell bad for us (statistically, Burress did well with Big Ben but he has a crappy personality that doesn't fit Pittsburgh). Fortunately, Sweed fell and I hope that inspires him to be great. Positive production as a 3rd or 4th receiver would suffice. I'll say 300-400 yards, 4 or 5 TDs. I think he has to prove how much he recovered from his 2007 injuries.

3. Did you graduate? If not what year are projected to graduate and whats your major?
    Graduated with a degree in Forensic Psychology last spring
    Ted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast