Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot Seat Answers #55 - Kingdom_of_Zito

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Hot Seat Answers #55 - Kingdom_of_Zito

DirtyKash (The original ugly duckling)
    1. What is your favorite board game?
    It's Monopoly. I love the strategy involved and trying, to, well, monopolize the board. Also, who doesn't have a fantasy playing around with loads of money? I like the railroads the best.

2. What is your opinion of Gary Busey as an actor?
    Here's his problem, his most notable performances are in Lethal Weapon (classic) and Under Seige (killing a Commander while in drag? classic). Sadly, that's, sad. And I'm not acknowledging Point Break. As an actor, he's insane. As a person, he's insane. This is a guy who gives a bugged out facial expression while he makes pancakes for ****'s sake. He scares me. He's freaking scarier than Mike Tyson.

3. Have you ever been to Shinnston, WV?
    Yes, it's not very far from where I live. It has more nothing than Fairmont or Clarksburg.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Dry1313 (Man who breast fed General)
    1. Create your ultimate baseball player. I want height/weight, pitch/throws, number, name, if it's a pitcher the pitches they throw, high or low socks, etc. etc. (don't just say Barry Zito)
    Justin Upton.

6'3, 220, is a lefty at the plate, wears #10, goes by the name Nick Jane, high socks (cause it's his small, subtle way of being cocky), doesn't strike out much (always has more walks than strikeouts), hits for power to all fields but maintains good batting average, and is dangerous on the bases. He's a good clubhouse presence and avoids controversy and scandals. And he pisses on pictures of Roger Clemens.

2. Give me your best college story. The one that gets the ladies laughing.
    What would a lady care about college? "Oooh, I love the size of your English text book" ...? You create funny that never really happened, because that's always more interesting.

3. If you had to murder, enslave, and give all your money to: Me, DK, and General, let me know the breakdown
    You're really a closet socio-path, always asking this question in some capacity. For starters, DirtyKash will get the money. The man is not good at gambling, so he's in constant need of it to stable his addiction. I'm killing you, because the way I see it, I'm doing the people you'd kill in the future a favor. It'll likely end up being Ben Affleck after he sneezes on your Bobby Abreu shirt. Which leaves General as my slave, but that's not saying a lot cause he'll sprain his whole body washing dishes, forcing me to put him on the 60 Day DL. So, I'd just tie him down to his desk chair so he gives 100% of his time to SBSL. At least OrioleMagic and Giantsfan won't end up bleeding out of their...
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

HollywoodLeo (Where Craig Davis is a wet dream 24-7)
    1. What is it with you and GF5689? Did he steal your girlfriend?
    He's an amateurish kid who's easy to pick on. This isn't my fault.

2. If signing him meant a 6th Super Bowl ring would you accept Chris Henry in silver and black? (hypothetical question, so don't worry about the fact that he would never be the difference between the Steelers winning it all and them not winning it all.)
    Silver and black? I'm mildly shocked Oakland hasn't tried signing him yet. Do you mean Gold and black? Cause you probably do. Okay, that's a difficult question. Let's see:

Obvious bad-
    1. He's either high or drunk at the worst possible times.
    2. Likes his women young. And drunk.
    3. Apparently likes to beat on people smaller than himself.

Now the good-
    I watched Henry play in college, he was at the time my favorite player. You have to understand, WVU in my lifetime has had made 1-2 notably AWESOME receivers (Reggie Rembert, who was the original Chris Henry [drafted by the bengals, had a sketchy personality in college but was unstoppable, thought to possibly have a bright NFL career but flamed out due to off field shenanigans] and David Saunders. Jerry Porter was a QB turned CB for us, who played WR here and there and James Jett was more known for his track and field) before Chris Henry came aboard. He had a terrible throwing QB (Rasheed Marshall) yet Henry still managed over 1000 yards receiving his soph year, on just 40 some catches. His YPC was over 20. I did calculations back then, comparing him to Larry Fitzgerald of Pitt, and if he had the number of catches Fitzgerald had (more importantly, a good QB), Henry would have had over 2000 yards receiving. Ultimately, off field issues prolly would not have kept him from being a 1st rounder. You don't understand, but the best comparison is Calvin Johnson. His sheer size and speed made him a matchup nightmare. And look at what he could do as a third receiver on the Bungals, he would dominate (note, the steelers could never cover the guy). It's so sad to me. Anyways. At 6'3-6'4 with speed that tops most corners and safeties, and with pretty solid hands, I'd take a one year flyer on him to see what happens.

Now, let's say miraculously he cleans up and Goodell does not suspend him, he'll click instantly with Big Ben (last time Big Ben had a good receiver over 6'1 was Plax and they gelled well). Ward stays the number one, Henry will get number two, and Holmes becomes the slot guy that no one will be able to keep up with. With Mendenhall and Parker, and Moore and Holmes returning kicks, the steelers would have the kind of lightning strike offense the Rams had for several years. There would be just too much speed to contend with. Big Ben would put up amazing numbers cause it would be a pass happy scheme. So, yeah, I'll take Henry and that 6th ring, sure.

3. Do you think Barry Zito will ever get back to his old dominance?
    It's fair to say he was never dominant to begin with. Zito's claim to fame and what made him a good pitcher was being efficient, consistent, durable, and a guy who usually pasted the league in the second half of the season. While he rarely did well against the Evil Empire, Zito did out-duel Johan Santana in what should be an obvious nod to how good Zito can be if he ever reverts back to old. No, not dominant, but a pitcher anyone would want AND if he was, the giants are over .500 cause Cain-Lincesemen-Zito are a better trio than Hudson-Mulder-Zito. Well that and Oakland never had a Jonathan Sanchez to mow down lineups. (wow, by the way)
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Your next contestant on the price is ****ing wrong, Bob.. is uh..

uhhh. You, Leonardo.
    Ted

MLB ERA

Yeah, I did mean black and gold.

I have no idea why I typed Silver and Black
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Thinking about mofo too much?
    Ted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12