Thread: Hot Seat Answers #48 - browntown653

MLB ERA

Hot Seat Answers #48 - browntown653

browntown653, your Hot Seat questions have been asked in this thread. You have up to 7 days in which to answer these questions, should you choose to do so. Once you have done that, please select the next Hot Seat participant. Thank you for participating. The next Hot Seat (#49) will begin on Friday, February 1st, 2008.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Hot Seat Answers #48 - browntown653

Here we go.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Hot Seat Answers #48 - browntown653

Dry1313:
    1: Give me your power rankings of the top 2 fantasy players per position

Catcher: 1) Victor Martinez. I’m feeling 30 HRs from him this year. 2) Russell Martin. Love Posada, but he’s not hitting .338 again this year.
    First Base: 1) Albert Pujols. Everybody forgot about this guy…he’s going to have a monster year. Just wait and see. 2) Mark Teixeira. Call it a hunch that he’s here over Howard. Fielder will drop down a bit.
    Second Base: 1) Chase Utley. Shocker here! 2) Robinson Cano. I’m seeing a huge year, plus you know he’ll get his runs and RBIs on the Yankees.
    Shortstop: 1) Hanley Ramirez. Cabrera gone, but he’ll still outhomer and out-RBI Reyes, and probably out-AVG him. 2) Jose Reyes. …but he won’t steal 70+ bases.
    Third Base: 1) Alex Rodriguez. Next! 2) Ryan Braun. I know about sophomore slumps. But the man hit 34 HRs in 113 games.
    Outfield (since there are so many, I’ll cheat and do 5): 1) Matt Holliday. Beast + Coors = happy fantasy owners. 2) Grady Sizemore. One of my three favorite players not wearing pinstripes, he’s an all-around monster. 3) Vlad Guerrero. I foresee a very big year from him, power numbers will go back up with Torii Hunter and an improved Angels team. 4) Manny Ramirez. Contract year alert! Plus apparently he’s been training like a madman. 5) Carl Crawford. Sizemore with less power and more speed.
    Designated Hitter: 1) David Ortiz. Self explanatory. 2) Travis Hafner. PRONK!
    Starting Pitchers (again, 5): 1) Johan Santana. Whoever he pitches for. 2) Jake Peavy. We know who he’s pitching for. 3) Erik Bedard. Look at his 2nd half before he got hurt. Yikes. 4) C.C. Sabathia. Gotta put a Cy Young winner in the Top 4, I guess. 5) Brandon Webb. Because I don’t know if Josh Beckett can get through 2 seasons in a row healthy.
    Relief Pitchers: 1) Jon Papelbon. Scary good. 2) J.J. Putz. How can you not love this guy? His last name is PUTZ!

2: Rate the NL East in S3SL.

1) Atlanta. I’m not just saying this because it’s your post, but you and Florida are damn close and you got 2 RPs in free agency…even if you did overpay, I guess your team is a bit better at this point. 2) Florida. …but I still see 2 postseason teams outta this division. 3) Philadelphia 4) Washington 5) New York

3: If you had 1,000,000 VCash and you had to say 3 players in S3SL to win awards in the next two years to keep that VCash, who would they be?

1) Bill Hamburg. Again, nothing to do with you, but he’s phenomenal.
    2) Ronnie Belizario. 23 year old monster.
    3) Katsuhito Etsuya. 10s practically across the board.

Kingdom of BARRY ZITO:
    1. Who's the best sim GM not named missionhockey21 on this site? And at that, with all the success mission has with the marlins, should the real marlins make him the GM?

Saber, and no. Someone should make him the GM, but Florida’s plan of win a WS, rebuild for 5 years, then win a WS, seems to be going pretty well.

2. What does your username mean?

Browntown = my nickname
    653 = the numbers of my home address
    It was my AIM screen name before this, so I just stuck with it.

3. You find 60 dollars on the street. You know that it belongs to an elderly woman. But you also know that no one would ever know you kept the money for yourself. Do you return the money or keep it?

I would return it, not to make myself out to be some moral god, but because I have a guilty as hell conscience and I know it would be the right thing anyway.

Roy James Arnold Halladay is God:
    1. in any of the sim leagues, what do you prefer doing, winning games or rebuilding with watching all of your prospects develop

This seems like an obvious question, but I do love to rebuild with a good farm system. However, you can’t go wrong with winning games at all. I would obviously rank my favorite sim season as the Brewers championship in TPSL V2.0

2. Better GM, Saber or McKain?

Saber. See above.

3. Biggest a-hole, Saber or McKain?

Saber…wow, that’s 3 Saber answers in the first 3 posters. Speaking of McKain, haven’t seen him around these parts much lately.

DiamondDave:
    1) Who would win in a fight to the death? Hillary Clinton, Lois Lane, Paris Hilton, Velma from Scooby Doo, or Stephen Hawking?

Velma from Scooby Doo in a 6th round TKO.

2) What would be the brief breakdown of that 5-way deathmatch?

Paris Hilton would suffer a Chihuahua bite pre-fight, disqualifying her. Hillary Clinton would then start crying again, causing Lane and Hawking to pity her and go console her. While this all happens, Velma comes cruising down in the Mystery Machine and runs them all over. Rooby-Roo!

3) The over/under for wins for my Orioles should be what with Roberts and Bedard still on the team... and should be what if they are traded?

69 if they’re on the team, 60 if they’re dealt. I firmly believe if they’re traded, Baltimore will be the worst team in baseball.

DirtyKash:
    1. What is the biggest "I'm screwed" moment you've ever been faced with? Could be at school, at work, with your parents, with your girlfriend, etc. Basically, a time when you realize how much shit you're in, and you can't come up with a way to get yourself out of it. How did you attempt to deal with this situation and what happened eventually? Elaborate.

Wow…that’s a good question. I honestly can’t think of one really bad one. I guess the most recent one would be this summer, I was driving my mom’s car to work and put it in neutral at a red light to reach down and grab my Gatorade bottle. Unfortunately, I was on a sloped street and the car moved forward and I bumped the SUV in front of me. Wasn’t a huge dent, but being that a) I had just started driving and b) I had to go through the whole day at work thinking about it that it was bad. I realize this is a boring story but it’s all I can think of.

2. A couple of years ago, New York City made a bid to host the 2012 Summer Olympics. They ultimately lost out to London. What are your thoughts on New York one day hosting the Summer Games in the near future? Should they make a bid for it? How would this impact the city and its citizens, its economy, its tourism, etc. Would it be good or bad overall? Elaborate.

I would love to go to the Olympics, but I do NOT want it in New York. First of all, the city is a mess anyway with traffic and transportation and such. New York isn’t this place with all these wide open facilities where it can easily have the Olympics. It would be fun but be a huge hassle for the city, IMO.

3. Do you think American citizens born outside the USA (people such as Arnold Schwarzenegger) should be allowed to run for President? Why or why not? Elaborate.

If they’re an American citizen, why not? If somebody who is a citizen of our country can’t be President of our country, what message does that send? We’re always preaching diversity and tolerance, but the bottom line is if you’re born in Germany for a year, then live in American for 70, you can’t be President. How stupid is that?

Redsrbetter:
    1. Give us your all-prospect team by position.

Catcher: Matt Wieters, Baltimore
    First Base: Matt LaPorta, Milwaukee
    Second Base: German Duran, Texas
    Shortstop: Reid Brignac, Tampa Bay
    Third Base: Evan Longoria, Tampa Bay
    Outfield: Jay Bruce, Cincinnati Cameron Maybin, Florida Colby Rasmus, St. Louis
    Starting Pitcher: Joba Chamberlain, New York Clay Buchholz, Boston Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Homer Bailey, Cincinnati David Price, Tampa Bay

2. What is the best fast-food restaurant you have ever been to?

I love Checkers milkshakes about as much as anything in the world, as well as the fries, so I’d have to go with them.

3. Do you miss Soriano?

No, not at all really…he’s a great player, but with Soriano at second, Robinson Cano isn’t playing second, and it’s so exciting to watch him play and develop into the star I think he will become.

GiantsFan83:
    1. As a New York Giants fan, do you think Eli Manning now finally gets it? What are his weaknesses and what are his strengths in your opinion?

I really think he’s made the leap! It’s about time and hopefully he doesn’t regress again, but there are a bunch of keys to his success. He’s as poised as I’ve ever seen him in the pocket and he has so much confidence in himself and his receivers. Kevin Gilbride is also calling a great game for him. He’s not throwing off his back foot nearly as much in the postseason either. His greatest weaknesses to me were his ineptitude in the face of pressure and his capacity to let one mistake balloon, but he’s controlled them this postseason.

2. Since your from NY, how come there isn't any decent success in college bball in the NY area? Is hard to get recruits to go there? Is NY lacking in home grown talent?

New York is definitely not lacking in homegrown talent, but I think it’s just a phase. St. John’s had the whole sexual assault thing with the players a couple years ago and that really sets a program back. But college basketball programs go in phases.

3. How is Syracuse like? Allot of Carmelo Anthony, McNabb, and Marvin Harrison memorabilia? And whats your major?

I absolutely love it, and yes it snowed today. There is a lot of Anthony stuff at the basketball games, and McNabb is pretty well repped at the football games. Not so much for Harrison though. He needs a little love.

BuckFoston:
    1. Since Mitt Romney is a mormon does that change your opinion about him and who you will vote for?

It doesn’t change my opinion one bit, to be honest. He’s free to practice that if he wants and I’m not going to penalize him for that. As for who I will vote for, I can’t say I have any idea at this point.

2. Whats the one thing that you most regret in your life and wish that you could take back?

I don’t have anything I could answer this question with. People always say try to live your life with no regrets and I don’t like dwelling on stuff that happened in the past. I’ve had a very blessed life so far and I have nothing to complain about.

3. Who is the most biased poster in the forums?

There are quite a few, but I’ll be a nice guy and not pick anyone. There really isn’t one person who stands out above everyone else.

brewersfan19:
    1. Do you consider yourself a Democrat or Republican?

I don’t have a strong affiliation either way. Not overly into politics, but that doesn’t really have anything to do with it, I just agree and disagree with different aspects of the two parties.

2. Who do you honestly think will challenge the Red Sox this season?

There’s plenty of teams who can challenge them. You can never count out the Yankees, great lineup and young guns in the rotation. Detroit has a great team with their big trade for Cabrera and Willis. Cleveland brings back a good team. Angels are very good as well, and the Mets, Diamondbacks, and I like the Dodgers in the NL too. Colorado’s gonna fall back a bit IMO.

3. Is your religious belief important to you?

Extremely important. I’m a Roman Catholic and I attend Mass every Sunday, and I’m usually a Eucharistic minister. I try to live my life like a good catholic, I went to Catholic school for 13 years and I’ve always gone to church. I can thank my mom for instilling that upon me but I feel my faith is very important.

HollywoodLeo:
    - Do you think the Giants have a realistic chance to beat the Patriots?

A good chance, no, but a realistic chance, yes. You cannot count out a team that played the Patriots as tough as anyone, then won 3 straight road games at Tampa Bay, Dallas, and Green Bay.

- What would you rather see? The Yankees win the AL East every year for the next 12 years, but never win the WS once in that span? Or They win the WS next year, but miss the playoffs for the next 11 straight seasons?

That’s a great question. Probably the AL East, because that would give me excitement every year, as opposed to missing the playoffs, which would suck. Also, that means Boston wouldn’t win the East 12 years in a row.

- Who's better? Jake Peavy or Johan Santana?

Santana, I think his worst year in a while is still better than nearly everyone in baseball, and he’s been a bit more consistent than Peavy. Also, Jake pitches in the best pitcher’s park in the league.

DMBZeppelin:
    1. Favorite member of N'Sync?

Timberlake, easy. Dick in a Box!
    2. Highest bowling score?

149 and proud of it! I’m bad at bowling but that was a good night for me. My friend bowled a career high 151 so we had the combined 300.

3. Does Tiki Barber regret retiring? Would a Super Bowl victory be bittersweet without him?
    I certainly hope he does, and after the things he said, it would be better without him!

Since he asked me first, I nominate GiantsFan83 for the next Hot Seat. Thanks for all the questions!
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.