Thread: Hot Seat Questions #40 Revisted for the first time

Hot Seat Questions #40 Revisted for the first time

Ok.....so apparently I had a hotseat last year and didnt realize. 03-26-2006, 01:26 PM to be exact I guess... So anyways........here's the answers to all your questions in two glorious posts. Part one.

From 777rak

What is your favorite movie?
    -If I had to pick one.....currently I would say "Anchorman". I like it most when I am drinking, was drinking earlier or getting ready to drink

What is your favorite video game?
    Haven't played for a few months...But, old school Street Fighter or Mortal Combat. But, also every Madden game

Favorite sport player
    -Hoosiers. And only b/c I make my g/f watch it all the way through

From Dry1313

Rate Bubba Crosby all around.
    -Cool name - Inconsistent - Probably takes roids and still sucks - Glad he wont be playing for the reds

How many free throws can you consecutively hit?
    -Actually quite a few, I played basketball in HS (PG). Basically, I can pass, have no court vision, but I am great with nobody guarding me. With practice, I have gone 40+ straight.

How do you like your grilled cheese?
    -slightly blackened, with a slab of Ham in the middle

General:

Why is Liriano so successful for you?
    -I KNEW how to utilize him properly. I gave him the respect he deserved and got him out of that horrible media market in Boston. In many ways I let Liriano be Lirano......much like Manny is being Manny

How is your team so good?
    -I have a simple philosophy...My draft picks always crap out so I trade them for vets (guys over 29) that people give up on too easily. Stockpile my MR studs as the leauge underates them. And am not afraid to spend my cash. What am I going to do with it anyways?

What is your favorite color, car, commentator, college, cream cheese brand, current (AC or DC) and composer?
    - green - a nascar stockcar - tracy jones (b/c he is a jerk) - Miam U (in Ohio...more on that later) - Philly cream cheese, although I hate cream cheese - AC (give me room to change my mind) - ummm, Amadeus

From Kingdom_of_Zito

1. I'm sure it's been asked an eleventy billion times, but once more, explain your username.
    alb = my initials
    bla = my initials backward
    2000 = freshman year in college
    mu = Miam University (my alma mater)

2a. Can you please deal me Ozuna?
    -Now arent you glad I didnt deal you him? He is in AAA, 25 years old, Sucks and I traded him to one of your divisional rivals.......YOUR WELCOME

2b. What's the one thing about OOTP that you like most?
    -The ability to build the minor league systems (When competing against the computer)....and watching the teams around me never deciding if they want to win or lose and stay committed. Thats half (or more) of the league's problem

3a. I'm going out on a limb and guessing you're a reds fan. So with that, I will let you deal Jason LaRue to any team in the A.L. except for Minnesota, Texas, Oakland, and New York. Who do you deal him for and why?
    -How bout KC? Guess I got my with on that one. And yes, I am a reds Fan. But what isnt as commonly known is that I am an Angels fan as well. I lived near Anaheim for 7 years and have spent a good deal of time in Southern California.

3b. Pretend that neither B.J. or Justin Upton need any more seasoning, which Upton do you take and why?
    -Justin, does and always has had more upside. Plus, I dislike BJ b/c I drove to Toledo to watch him play the Mudhens a couple of years ago and the damn game got rained out. I wound up spending 7 hours too many of my life in the most boring city in America (Toledo) in the rain. Then I head up to Detroit to watch the Yanks play the tigers. Yeah, I know it isnt his fault. But, still.....f - u - c - k you BJ.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I love that you're doing this from last year.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

From realmofotalk:

1) How did you come up with the username albbla2000mu?
    ---See above, that was easy

2) Dumbest trade/free agent signing the Reds have made this offseason?
    ---Well, we will go with this year. They didnt do much. But, I guess Chad Moeller. I guess the Reds just really needed a slow, cant hit, cant run, mid 30's - 3rd string catcher ......with a MLB contract

3) Is Aaron Harang a legit major league pitcher or a fluke?
    ---Completely legit. I have seen Aaron pitch in person 10-15 times. And on tv a good 60+ times I would guesstimate. And when he first went to Reds I remember thinking how much ability this guy had but that he was incredibly inconsistent for a guy of his talent. Last year was his first (and only) year so far of putting a string of great starts together. I hope this a trend that continues...

From Hafdawg2003:

Why are you such an asshole?
    -your jealous...b/c girls like that ; )

Why are you bald?
    ---all my hair growing ability is being geared to growing other more important parts of my body

Why don't you teabag those chicks you talk to?
    ---who says I dont?.....errr didnt. Live with my g/f now.

Why didn't you get the help from Doc?
    ---well if you cant tell, haf is someone who has actually had the glorious oppurtunity to meet me (along with Volzok). Anyways....'doc' he is referring to is the Red's former Asst. GM I have had the chance to meet/eat with, etc. Basically, he is too busy trying to help out his own chances and getting over being mad at his old bosses (like J. Bowden) to help me out.

Why?
    ......because

From Porter99:

Who is most likely going to catch the monster that is the Rockies in S3SL?
    ---The dodgers did......for one season. Thats 1/12 NL West. But anways, the dodgers have a couple more years at least to compete but I think actually YOU will be the next to take the throne after that. You are building towards something.......I can tell

# of AB that Javier Valentin will get?
    ----216 this year (47 starts)

# of posts General will have by the end of summer?
    100- ((# of posts per day)*3.46)) = chances of getting laid sometime during the year......I dont have a calculator handy though.

From love_that_Reefer:

1. Who farted?
    ---everyone likes the smell of their own brand

2. Who shot the sheriff? Marley or Clapton?
    ---Marley says he did, but we KNOW Clapton did

3. Have you ever had a wet dream?
    ---I've dreamt of being wet. I have gotten up drunk and peed on my own clothes on the floor. But if you are referring to waking up with a puddle of my own sperm covering my body, then no. Or at least thats what my Mom always told me to tell people if anyone ever asked.

From DirtyKash:

1 - What, to you, is the purpose and meaning of life? Explain.
    --- The mean of life is to find out what you want your purpose in life to be. The 2nd part of your life is realizing you will never get to what you thought your purpose would be so you try to have your kids meet their individual purpose. ....I think.

2 - If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes? Explain.
    ...your talking to a guy who took honors biological evolution classes from the dean of science (not that I'm bragging). But the simple answer is....monkey's and apes are fun to laugh at when they do weird things like smelling their own fingers after they scratch their butt and then fall over from the smell. So, Mr. Evolution thought....awwwww f--k it! I'm keeping those things around!

3 - What's worse as a guy: shaving your legs, your chest, your armpits or your pubes? Explain.
    ---I had roommate in college who shaved his chest to look 'buffer', granted he played fullback. Only ok if your a bodybuilder or HUGE prick
    ---My brother shaved his legs b/c he was a swimmer. Only ok if you ARE a swimmer/or Joe Namath doing a shaving cream commerical
    ---Guys do the pubes so the package looks bigger and could lead to more sex. So, you cant blame them.
    --------but if you shave your pits..........and I want to make this clear.........your just gay, not that there is anything wrong with that.

.......and that was all the questions. So, take that and swallow it down (its going to be salty). The first ever......hotseat........answered ONE YEAR LATER. Any other questions I will consider getting to prior than one year this time around I guess.

MLB ERA
    Better late than never.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."