Thread: Hot Seat #46 - catman

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hot Seat #46 - catman

Rules for the Hot Seat

This is something we are continuing on with. One nice aspect of being a smaller forum is building a solid community and getting to know many of the forum posters and here is your chance to get know one another even better!

In The Strike 3 Forums Hot Seat threads, you may ask the one in the Hot Seat (in this case, catman) up to 3 questions. The questions can be about baseball, movies, relationships, whatever.

Please keep the questions appropriate and know that the person in the Hot Seat can refuse to answer any question he or she feels uncomfortable with. You may ask questions for the next week, then the guy in The Hot Seat will answer up to three of your questions.

If you would like to have a chance to be the next one up, post that you would like to and catman will select from the ones interested for who will go next. Or, he'll just select whoever the heck he wants.

Timeframe involved: Just so we know how we are going to do this ... the person in the Hot Seat will be there for about two weeks. Questions, such as this thread, will be open for one week and then we will close the questioning so that the poster has time (up to one week) to get some answers together. As of now, we'll go with 2 posters a month (two weeks each). If demand for more comes up, we will address it at that time. We just don't want to shoot through everyone too quickly.

Questioning will close Friday, November 17th. Answers will then be opened until Friday, November 24th.

MLB ERA
    Baseball: What was the first baseball game that you remember ever going to (and who won)?

Movies: What would be your favorite genre of movies and in that genre, what's your favorite flick?

Music: Favorite artist/band and favorite song by that band/artist?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    1. What kind of impact does world series hero Anthony Reyes have on the 2007 season for the cardinals?

2. Which SP would you like to see become a closer out of sheer curiosity?

3. We've had three weird, but key deals thus far this season: Orioles acquiring Jaret Wright, Tigers giving up top flight prospects for Gary Sheffield, and San Diego adding to Cleveland's riches by dealing them Josh Barfield. Do you think some of these teams are just crazy, or what? I mean, who really wants Jaret Wright?!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    1. On the television game show The Price is Right, if I'm the first contestant to spin the big wheel and I land on 65 cents after my first spin, should I spin another time or stay at 65 cents?

2. How do porcupines reproduce? I mean, that's got to be a painful experience, right?

3. Why don't you ever put any spaces to separate your paragraphs?

MLB ERA
    I'm sort of conservative by nature, but 65 cents isn't enough to make me stay. I'd spin again.
    Porcupines are mammals, so they reproduce just about the same way we do. I'm sure they have to be a bit more careful than the average human does, however.
    Spaces would be put there to emphasise a break in the subject. I prefer my words to flow.
    Have a nice day.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    Baseball: What was the first baseball game that you remember ever going to (and who won)?

Movies: What would be your favorite genre of movies and in that genre, what's your favorite flick?

Music: Favorite artist/band and favorite song by that band/artist?
    1. I saw the Twins play someone in 1964 (It was early June and I was 9) and Harmon Killebrew handed me a baseball. I think the Twins won the game.
    2. My favorite all-time movie is difficult to say. I've seen a lot of them.
    Sports movie -- Field of Dreams.
    Suspense movie -- The Game.
    Horror Movie -- The Exorcist (the original).
    Comedy -- Blazing Sadles.
    Musical -- The Sound of Music.
    All time might be Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    3. My favorite artist/band is either the Moody Blues or Pink Floyd. My favorite song by the Moodie Blues is "Nights in White Satin". Pink Floyd -- "Comfortably Numb".
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    1. What kind of impact does world series hero Anthony Reyes have on the 2007 season for the cardinals?

2. Which SP would you like to see become a closer out of sheer curiosity?

3. We've had three weird, but key deals thus far this season: Orioles acquiring Jaret Wright, Tigers giving up top flight prospects for Gary Sheffield, and San Diego adding to Cleveland's riches by dealing them Josh Barfield. Do you think some of these teams are just crazy, or what? I mean, who really wants Jaret Wright?!
    1. Anthony Reyes will not struggle in 2007, but he will not be a Cy Young candidate. I see him about 13-8 with an ERA about 4.20.
    2. 5 years ago, I'd have said Randy Johnson. Now, I think I'd like to see Pedro do it. Another pitcher I'd like to see become a closer is Greg Maddux. No one could hit his change-up effectively and his control is as close to perfect as anyone's is today.
    3. The Orioles have Leo Mazzone as their pitching coach. If anyone can turn Jaret Wright around its him -- they had some success together in Atlanta.
    I like the deal the Tigers and Yankees made from both teams' perspective. The Yankees get younger and decrease their payroll. They added a starter and a couple of relievers -- one of whom could take over from Mariano when he decides to hang em up. The Tigers get a proven run-producer that will be able to play a bit in the outfield and be their primary DH. They do get older, however and more brittle.
    The Indians are going to be a very good team next year if they can get pitching. Adding Barfield gives them a solid infield to work with and should help their pitchers a lot. Lots of hits dribbled through the infield last year that Barfield might have gotten to.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It's a bit late, but if Catman will take them... here they are:

1) What do you enjoy to see more as a fan: a higher producing player with minimal expressed passion or a player of a lower quality (to put a number on it, worth 12 less runs than the other player) who plays above his talent on sheer guts?

2) What was the last really great baseball (statistics, historic, bio, etc) book that you read to recommend to anyone looking to buy themselves a nice Christmas gift this year?

3) What is the one piece of advice that would of made your life a lot easier had you known it (or followed it) while growing up?

Thanks Catman (by the way, I love the quote in signature.)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    It's a bit late, but if Catman will take them... here they are:

1) What do you enjoy to see more as a fan: a higher producing player with minimal expressed passion or a player of a lower quality (to put a number on it, worth 12 less runs than the other player) who plays above his talent on sheer guts?

2) What was the last really great baseball (statistics, historic, bio, etc) book that you read to recommend to anyone looking to buy themselves a nice Christmas gift this year?

3) What is the one piece of advice that would of made your life a lot easier had you known it (or followed it) while growing up?

Thanks Catman (by the way, I love the quote in signature.)
    1. I prefer the player that is working with minimal talent, but maximum effort. He is in a fight for his job every day. Ron Washington and Al Newman leap to mind.
    2. "I Was Right Ontime" by Buck O'Neil. He talks about his life in the Negro Leagues and his philosophy on life in general. He was a man I'll never forget. I had a chance to sit down and talk with him on several occasions. I just wish I'd have had the forsight to bring a tape recorder with me.
    3. Always be truthful. Its much easier to remember your story when you tell the truth. You don't have to worry about what you've said to whom. If you mess up, take responsibility for it. Do not attempt to assign blame to others for your mistakes.
    John Lennon was one of my favorite people, not just musicians. His philosophy was very enlightening.
    I'll answer any more questions that others have here as well.

1.) Favorite song of all time? Favorite band of all time? Favorite album of all time?

2.) Best breakfast you've ever had?

3.) Strangest thing you've ever seen on the road?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    1.) Favorite song of all time? Favorite band of all time? Favorite album of all time?

2.) Best breakfast you've ever had?

3.) Strangest thing you've ever seen on the road?
    Favorite song of all times -- either Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd, Nights in White Satin by the Moody Blues or Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin
    2. Best breakfast I've ever had was the first one my wife fixed for me. It was scrambled eggs and ham (a bit overcooked, but I let it slide), toast with strawbery jam and coffee.
    3. The strangest thing I ever saw on the road was a car balanced on a guy wire to an electrical pole. Another strange thing was on my wife's birthday a couple of years ago, we saw a bald eagle sitting on a road sign about 10 feet off the road.
    If anyone else wishes to ask questions and its OK with the administration, I'll answer them.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Ummm, First I would like to apologize, I totally spaced off sending you questions, and I am the one who asked if you would like to be on the hot seat.

So, if I am too late, that is cool. But I am going to send you my three questions anyways!

Here we go!!!

1.) Is baseball your favorite sport, if so why? If not, why?

2.) Who do you feel is going to be the playoff teams in MLB next year as of today, and who do you think will be the surprise team(s) that will come from no where, like the Tigers of this past year?

3.) Having the ability to dream, what would you do if you won the lottery, inherited, or suddenly somehow became extremely rich, what would you do with your money?

Sorry again for getting these to you late, brewersfan19

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    catman, you need to choose the next person for the Hot Seat.

MLB ERA
    I'll have to look through the list of posters and pick one that hasn't answered yet.
    I'll get my pick later tonight.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    Ummm, First I would like to apologize, I totally spaced off sending you questions, and I am the one who asked if you would like to be on the hot seat.

So, if I am too late, that is cool. But I am going to send you my three questions anyways!

Here we go!!!

1.) Is baseball your favorite sport, if so why? If not, why?

2.) Who do you feel is going to be the playoff teams in MLB next year as of today, and who do you think will be the surprise team(s) that will come from no where, like the Tigers of this past year?

3.) Having the ability to dream, what would you do if you won the lottery, inherited, or suddenly somehow became extremely rich, what would you do with your money?

Sorry again for getting these to you late, brewersfan19
    1. Baseball is my favorite sport. I like it for the reasons Tom Boswell gave in his articles in Sports Illustrated. Football combines the 2 worst things in our culture -- violence and committee meetings.
    2. Watch out for the Brewers. If they get some pitching, they could give anyone trouble (no I'm not answering this just because you are a Brewer fan).
    3. I have had a dream about buying some land and turning it into an animal sanctuary for a long time. I have my staff already to go, I just need the funding to make it happen.