Thread: George Mason Appreciation Thread

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

George Mason Appreciation Thread

Best remembered in "24" for flying the plane loaded with a nuclear bomb to a remote desert area for detonation.

AA ERA
    It's good your doing this... Probably the last time you will ever see them get this far lol
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    I remember him from being a complete dink up to the point where he realized he was dying and he finally did something selfless in the end.

GM in the Final Four. Who the HELL would have figured that one going into the tourney. Not even GM fans and students would have or could have. No matter how big of complete gomers they were.

AA ERA
    I am really happy to see a team such as George Mason make it to the Final Four, it shows that college basketball no longer has dominant teams that are locks to go every year. The talent level seems to be equaling itself out because players are wanting to go where they can play, rather than the prestige of the school.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Is it true that Calhoun was *****ing and moaning on why there was so many George Mason fans in D.C. when they are within driving range from their own school?

Who would've thought George Mason would go this far in the tournament. No one, not even the selection committee who decided the tournament sites, can give GM such a home-court advantage.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    A team that beats Tom Izzo's Michigan State in the tourney usually goes far, i.e. Nevada in 04.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Axed three recent champs, including two final four teams from 2005 in one run. That's an accomplishment as it is.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: George Mason Appreciation Thread

End of an era, as GMU's head coach is taking his talents to South Beach.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mofo found a thread with both Lynch and Huskerfan. Double bonus
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

I honestly think Larranaga would have been better off staying at GM, I know Miami is in ACC country, but still its a football first school, and you have to compete against UNC, and Duke year in year out, he had a better chance of winning in the CAA than the ACC.

But regardless, I will always remember the great run of 06 by George Mason, that run somewhat influenced runs by other mid-majors, like Butler and VCU.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think Larranaga just wanted to take one stab at the ACC (and a big raise) before he retires in two or three years. Miami fans are speculating that he is just holding the seat warm for Frank Martin.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

By then, Martin could be at some "higher" destination. Or fired, after killing the next Wally Judge he recruits.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.