Thread: Double switch: Sunday Night Football to NBC

MLB ERA

Double switch: Sunday Night Football to NBC

sorry if this is the wrong topic

The NFL's "Monday Night Football," a staple on ABC for the past 35 seasons, will move to ESPN starting with the 2006 season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2040130

Wierd.

Kinda sucks for ESPN, because they do a better job, but Monday nights get a lot of lame games. NFL tries to pick meaningful games and often end up with duds (like Miami/New England last year).

I found myself not watching many MNF games last year. Just not what they used to be for me.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    What the phuck??? NBC? That is the stupidest thing that I have heard in a while. NBC might be the crappiest channel ever. How can the NFL accept having their superb product shown on a crappy channel like NBC, a network that shows crap like Arena Football, professional rodeo and ... oh they have the Olympics too. Exactly what I was saying, a crappy channel. And the thing that blows my mind is that NBC only paid $600 million over 6 years for the Sunday night package, really that is a steal for them.

Nbc>cbs
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    Nbc>cbs

I agree. They didn't have Dan Rather on their network.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    What the phuck??? NBC? That is the stupidest thing that I have heard in a while. NBC might be the crappiest channel ever. How can the NFL accept having their superb product shown on a crappy channel like NBC, a network that shows crap like Arena Football, professional rodeo and ... oh they have the Olympics too. Exactly what I was saying, a crappy channel. And the thing that blows my mind is that NBC only paid $600 million over 6 years for the Sunday night package, really that is a steal for them.
    WTF font?

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    doesnt really make a difference one way or the other. I'll watch it either way. *shrug*

MLB ERA
    Bob Costas > Paul Maguire

MLB ERA
    Good job on ****ing yourselves over by alienating all your non-cable owning viewers for Monday Night Football, NFL.

AA ERA
    But you have Sunday night games (Traditional football day) which are even going to be choosen based on mathcups late in the year so that means better games. This is good for the non-cable viewer IMO.

Monday Night will also improve as the game will have ESPN countdown or whatever live from the stadium before hand. I like this deal.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

AA ERA
    This is very dissapointing, but it's not that sad either. MNF ratings has really gone down in recent years so ABC wanted to cut their losses.

With that said, let's start a new tradition. How about Sunday Night Football? It's on NBC. The whole nation can watch the big Sunday Night game on NBC and you have to figure NBC will get the best teams.

BTW, it's great to see NBC get the NFL back. I thought NBC has always done a great job with the football coverage over the years.