Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 24

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 24

But wait, there are 8 more episodes? After the epic fail that just took place?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I've tried to watch 24 over the past two seasons, but I've lost interest in both seasons midway. Not that they were so bad that I purposely stopped watching, they just weren't the same gripping TV I once expected from 24.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Okay, it has definitely jumped the shark with Michael Madsen supplying military grade assault rifles, body armor, and intel. Contrast that to Season 1 where Jack was fending off mercenary gunmen with the help of only Rick the errand boy.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Remember the time Jon Garland's hometown got nuked? So freaking random.

MLB ERA

I miss this show..

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I watched all of the 24s recently. Bought them on DVD and went nuts. I have to say, this is the most intense show in television history. Absolutely loved all of it. Wish it still had more coming!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

When I read that Isiah Thomas had been calling the shots for the Knicks in the Carmelo trade and that he could get his job back with the Knicks, you know what it reminded me of?

President Taylor giving in to disgraced former President Charles Logan's help to salvage the Middle East peace agreement.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Don't know if anybody here has followed this season since understandably it's not the Bauer Hour anymore, among other things that made the series great, but if you're like me and get stuck watching crap that you'll have to finish, here's hoping the final two episodes are good.

MLB ERA

I haven't followed this but I should. I really, really enjoyed the old 24 with Kiefer so I was hoping this would be okay without him. Have you not really enjoyed it?
    Last edited by BuckFoston; 04-05-2017 at 03:22 PM.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

I enjoy it...its ok..not as good as the original..but many characters cross over and the new guy is solid

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    I haven't followed this but I should. I really, really enjoyed the old 24 with Kiefer so I was hoping this would be okay without him. Have you not really enjoyed it?
    Quite the opposite. I like Dr. Dre just fine as the lead, and the plot is enough to draw you in. I'm a fan of Kiefer as Jack Bauer as much as anybody, but it's not like I'll start watching Designated Survivor because Kiefer's in it. Just saying I can understand the people who say they've lost interest and that it's not the same gripping action in past seasons. I just seem to remember there would be something happening and then when the clock comes on for a commercial break, I would go, "No, not now!" Now, it's just whatever, the characters are just looking at each other.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 04-07-2017 at 01:01 AM.

MLB ERA

Just watched the first episode and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to see how this progresses.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

So, I thought this was fun to watch but I didn't absolutely fall in love with it. I thought it started off really strong but as the season winded down, the story kind of fell flat for me and I really didn't like the ending. Does anyone know if they're making more of these?

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The ending with Carter making the decision to join CTU gives the impression that the show's producers are open to another season, but the order has to come from the network.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910