Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Help!!!!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Attention! Please Help!!!!

I am at an absolute loss as to what I can do to watch a game while traveling the country for work.

I own a Blackberry Storm. My carrier is Verizon. I am an annual subscriber to mlb.tv. Well, I have things blocking every avenue of approach for me. Surely I am not the only one finding this impossible.

The problems?

*The Blackberry Storm does not support a flash player where I can use my mlb.tv subscription on it.

*The best option for Blackberry owners is the MLB at bat app (which I am begging anyone to inform me where to find it). This application does not support live streaming of the games. I do have XM satellite radio and the ability to listen to the games, but audio is not what I am looking for. And my XM almost makes the MLB at bat app obsolete.

*I also have a laptop for use during my travels, but all air cards are limited to 5 gigs. This allows me to watch approximately 3 hours of baseball a month. It takes 3 hours to complete 1 game. Air cards are a rip off for baseball fans!

*I would get an iPhone, but Verizon does not use them. I only have Verizon because AT&T does not work in my hometown whereas Verizon's coverage has rarely failed me.

*An iPod touch sounds intriguing, but you have to have a wifi connection for mlb.tv to work. And I am not sure if it is reliable yet either. But since I am always in small towns accross America, it will be hard pressed for me to find a wifi hot spot. If anyone knows if an iPod touch can stream a baseball game live without buffering every 5 seconds, please let me know.

After reading this, would you say that someone like me is doomed? It's as if I am so close I can taste it, but really have only been lead on the entire time. I have many options, yet these companies have not become compatible to my needs yet. Even though I am paying $60 a month for the air card, $30 a month for the 3G Blackberry browser, another $100 a month for Verizon phone coverage, $40 a month for home internet, over $1000 for the laptop, $120 for the mlb.tv subscription, after all this, I still can't use any of this for the number one reason for me to want it.

Please anyone help! I will pay someone for good advice. There has to be something I am missing.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Please Help!!!!

Look into a netbook. Those things can be had for super cheap. Talk to verizon and see if you can get a wi-fi card to plug into your new netbook. I think netbooks go for no more than 500 for top of the line models, and a verizon wi-fi card is 50, but not sure about monthly service fees.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

what is a netbook and how willl it help me gain mlb.tv acess while on the road?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Click this
    and combine that with this
    -Chris

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I know this is blasphemy to a lot here, but I would put my BB down in a heartbeat if Verizon had anything that supported my mlb.tv subscription. No questions asked. So far all I know that supports it is the iPhone. And, of course Verizon doesn't use those.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by henks View Post
    Click this
    and combine that with this
    Looking now...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I wonder if my Droid will support mlb.tv
    -Chris

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

henks, how is this any different than having any laptop with an air card? The problem with it is this:

all air cards are limited to 5 gigs. This allows me to watch approximately 3 hours of baseball a month. It takes 3 hours to complete 1 game. Air cards are a rip off for baseball fans!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by henks View Post
    I wonder if my Droid will support mlb.tv

Nope, only iPhone...Unless someone knows something I don't.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    henks, how is this any different than having any laptop with an air card? The problem with it is this:
    For some reason VW's site isn't working on my computer, but I don't think there's any size restriction on a mobile broadband card. I don't want to say it's so much better or whatever without knowing for sure. it wouldn't hurt to go with the mobile broadband, as long as you have an unlimited quantity for a reasonable price.
    -Chris

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I am 100% positive every single air card is limited to 5 gigs. Isn't a mobile broadband card the same thing?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I want to say they are similar, but no. But VW's site is unavailable right now, so I can't get you specifics. If it's working in the morning I can check it out and post up to let you know.
    -Chris

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

This is so important to me that I am looking it up right now. Thanks a whole lot for your help bro. BTW, you working night ops right now?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

No problem man.

Not working tonight, was watching a bunch of motorcycle racing tonight, but I'm off to bed now. I'll still take a look in the morning for ya.
    -Chris

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

VW isnt working for me now either. Sounds like the mobile broadband is for wifi hotspots. Normally I am in such a remote area for work that wifi would be an alien term to those who inhabit the town.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast