Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just bought MLB 06 the show!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I have still never been able to figure out the roster updates. If you are playing on the PS2, can you get the rosters updated in your franchise? Or is it just an online gaming update?

AA ERA
    I dont know about MLB 06, but I have NHL 2K6 and with it you just access online and you download an updated roster on your memory card. Its pretty simple. I had to do it with that game b/c they didnt have any of the rookies and many free agent signings.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Thanks volzok! I will see if MLB has it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I got my copy today. Traded in NCAA March Madness 06 (after leading UK to six consecutive national championships) for it. There's a lot of last year's version in it, but it is very well done and polished. If you are a MVP junkie, then this is as close to it as you can get. Having Junior hit two bombs, including one of the walkoff variety, on opening day didn't suck.

However, the trade engine still needs to have some work done to it. I traded Dave Williams and Ray Olmedo to Seattle for Felix Hernandez and Julio Mateo. I don't think that could happen in real life, but I wish it would
    rf28

I'm playing it right now, I bought it too.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Just finished the 2023 season. Albert Pujols broke Hank Aaron's HR record by hitting 917 HR's in his career.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    What does this have to do with MLB 06: The Show?
    rf28

My RFer/1B/3B just signed a 5 year, 100 million dollar deal with the Yankees after winning an MVP with the Sox and the Athletics.

Its a player option though, so I'll probably decline and resign with the A's in 2014.

Woo, my first World Series title.

OK, so I got sick of playing for the Yankees, after I lost in the Division Series, so I made them release me.

Signed a 10 year, 200 million dollar deal with the Braves.

AA ERA
    Traded in NCAA March Madness 06 (after leading UK to six consecutive national championships) for it.
    As a fellow UK Wildcats fan, that's what I love to see
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    Hey will you wirtie a good review for us? I will give you rep lol.

My RF/1B/3B in Franchise just retired, after a stellar 25 years in the majors.

Final stats:

.319 AVG, 4659 hits, 1008 HRs, 2876 RBI, 595 SBs.

14 MVPs. 15 Hank Aaron awards. 14 GGs. 16 Silver Sluggers. 15 time all-star.

League leader:

RBI: 16
    Slg: 15
    OPS:15
    Hank Aaron: 15
    All-star:15

First ballot HOFer with 7 World Series titles to go with the individual accomplishments.

Major League Baseball will truly miss the presense of Igor. He was a remarkable player that is desitned for the Hall of Fame.

That's what the game said.

MLB ERA
    i've been playing the show for about 3 weeks now. i can't say that i'm too impressed, but i like the flow so far. the soundtrack isn't anything special, couple of no name bands, story of the year, etc. i haven't played all the modes yet, just franchise, career, rivalry and that one uhh king of the diamond or something? i gotta say i like career the best. i've made a RF, SP, and a CL so far.

the only bone(s) i have to pick with the game is that the stats are wack in career. of course on the teams i played on everyone was around their best, but about the 2009-on season, whenever the HOF came around, you would get players that only played one season, four seasons, and they'd have redicoulous numbers such as having 20930920 career HR's (i'm not joking) and like -309392932 SB's (again, not joking). and then when you'd go and try to figure out how close to the HR record you are, you can't because the guy with 20930920 hr's kicks your ass. and you didn't even see him play.

also, whenever you'd look at your career stats, it would include your minor league numbers, which was wack because i don't want to know my minor league numbers, yeah they were nice (.340, 36 hr's, 140 rbi's) but don't include that in my MAJORS stats. thats not nice.

my last bone is the bugs. the show is VERY buggy. thats why i was kind of skeptical about buying this so early, a first gen game so to speak. sometimes after you make a play, and they do ATH, the SS will miss the ball and the ball will go into the outfield. and like said above, the OF'ers are REALLY slow. and when a flyball gets popped up you gotta stand like RIGHT under that baseball otherwise you're going to almost fall backwards trying to catch it.

i do, however, love the PBP. i wish though that they would have like every name in the database instead of "now batting, number five" for the custom players. i "THINK" mvp didn't have that, but i'm not sure.

i love griffey's wobble in the batters box.

the HR animations are not that great.

of course all the reds players are underrated. i put todd helton and adam dunn in a HR contest and helton beat dunn by atleast 30 hr's.

i love the way new bush stadium looks.

i hope i'll be able to figure out how to update it and stuff for the ps2, will i have to buy anything extra so i can access the intraweb?

anywho its a DECENT game, i only play the career mode. i've been playing BF1942 wayyy to much latley though.

3.5/5
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast