Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The winner of the $365 million dollar jackpot....

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA

The winner of the $365 million dollar jackpot....

is not me. Sorry.

But get this-Where that gas station is located is about a block away from the City Mission. Think about it-a guy or gal living at the City Mission decides to buy a Powerball ticket and he/she wins the jackpot. He/she went from rags to riches.

If that happened, I don't know whether to be happy for him or her or become depressed.

AA ERA
    I hate to see it when people who are loaded when the lottery, I would much rather see someone poor win it, although I do agree it always makes you wonder... Why can't that happen to me? lol
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    You never see any really young people win it. It's always older people. I would like to see some teen win it.. Like me.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I have won it and so has my sister!

AA ERA
    Is your sister single?
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34
    Is your sister single?
    No she is maried to a 350 pound body builder. LOL, want to meet her?

AA ERA
    Well, I was going to suggest that I would go the route of being a home wrecker but I think the only thing that would end up getting wrecked would by self esteem and my face haha

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFan2002
    If that happened, I don't know whether to be happy for him or her or become depressed.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Whoever won it is going to be miserable anyway. Chances are this person will end up getting into more debt than ever and go bankrupt. Seems like most people that win these things don't know how to manage money.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Whoever won it is going to be miserable anyway. Chances are this person will end up getting into more debt than ever and go bankrupt. Seems like most people that win these things don't know how to manage money.
    Right on. When people win these things, they go out and try and buy everything they want. They're not smart about it, and don't invest or save the money.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    they revealed the Powerball winners. Turns out it's a group of fudge packers from Lincoln.

MLB ERA
    What do you guys think about this? Out of the $365 million dollars, each of those 8 people gets around $15.5 million. That's $241 million dollars going to taxes!
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Great maybe some of that money will go to our troops, but I am somehow leaning that it won't. Probably the Lotto Commission's pockets and a few of their buddies within Washington.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    What do you guys think about this? Out of the $365 million dollars, each of those 8 people gets around $15.5 million. That's $241 million dollars going to taxes!

$241 million doesn't go to taxes. The jackpot is either a lump sum of around $177 million or an annuity of $365 million paid annually over a period of 30 years - or however many years it is. In actuality, only about $53 million is taxed.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Yeah, they are now the richest meat packing people in the country. At least there will be 8 job openings. Maybe I can get a job there!

Each person paid the one Vietnamese guy $5 and I bet they asked everyone who works at ConAgra, "Would you like to buy $5 worth of Powerball tickets?" Those who declined must be in some SERIOUS state of depression now.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Dude, go to his house and ask him for like $50,000 or so. It's chump change for him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast