Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What does your username mean?

Rookie ERA
    cubsfolyfe=cubs for life, but i was kind of bored. it's funny because if i talk to someone in a chatroom or something they call me cubsfoil, or pronounce it that way. well it's not really funny, it's more sad than anything. www.hookedonphonics.com

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    I'm a Reds Fan and my favorite # is 33.

Rookie ERA
    Kobe Bryant fan.

although not too much of a basketball fan anymore.. the NBA just hasn't been the same... even during the Lakers 3-peat run.. it just didn't feel the same anymore.

Of course, those were good days cause my team was winning.

oh, I used to chat a lot in a yahoo chat room, so all the people there konw me as kobe.
    Nobody lookin out for nobody
    Maybe we should try and help somebody or be somebody
    Instead of being somebody that makes the news
    So everybody can tweet about it
    And then they start to R.I.P. about it
    And four weeks later nobody even speaks about it.

Rookie ERA
    I stole mine from Jeter and put it in female form.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by kefka
    A gaming villain?
    then you should recognize my avatar! FF3 (VI) is my all-time favorite game, fresh out of 1994 baby for all you younger peeps (I'm 25 now)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Providence (RI) is where I live and I like the A's...so yeah

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    That would certainly explain why I've never heard of it. Outkast being labeled as rap is amazing to me... R/B, Pop... hell even Rock would be better qualifications.
    Check out their older stuff, ATLiens and Aquemini are gold.

Speakerboxxx/The Love Below is their only album that can't fully be classified as rap.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    rockin because that was my first nickname in college after an icebreaker for our dorm floor. all the girls called me rockin. (i said i liked metal and i liked to rock). and the first message boards i signed up on already had someone in their database as a rockin. so i picked a number that sounded good.

no, i'm not starting my own nascar race.

MLB ERA
    777= Im a Christain rak= my intals

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by PacMan
    A guitarist
    Yep. (steak also got it).

When I first started getting on IRC back in about 1994 or so, one of the first channels I went to was a music channel. Since George Lynch is one of my all-time favorite guitarists and influences as a guitarist, it wasn't hard to come up with. I"ve been Lynch or Lynchsta on the net ever since.

I was also very active on IRC on #NBA and #basketball for years. Most people that didn't know me always assumed my nick was about George Lynch, the former UNC player who can't hold a job for more than 2 years in the NBA. Once in a while people would try to smack on that, not realizing how far off they really were.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I've been chatting in the Yahoo! MLB Room since 1999 under the name WiltonGuerrero_the_Expo. Somewhere along the way, a bunch of the regulars switched around a couple letters in their names and hence, Witlon.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by .KoBe.
    the NBA just hasn't been the same
    This year hasn't been fun to follow the NBA. It's not only because the Timberwolves stink, but there are lot of factors to why it wasn't great this year. The breakup of the Lakers, the breakup of the Nets, Vince Carter forcing his departure out of Toronto, Jimmy Jackson and Alonzo Mourning refusing to play for the teams that they were traded to and subsequently got their way by being traded to a championship team, Vince, Zo, and Tracy McGrady admitting that they tanked it at times, Kobe Bryant not having good year off the court, coaches getting fired left and right, several teams being really bad, Sam Cassell and Latrell Spreewell whining about how underpaid they are, and that unfortunate disgusting brawl at the Palace really culminated to a bad year for the league.

The only shining light for this league has been the play of Lebron and Dwayne Wade and the Suns success this year.

I just hope the playoffs will be better
    Last edited by Steak; 04-04-2005 at 01:49 AM.

MLB ERA
    your ( P ) Pronunciation Key (yr, yôr, yr; yr when unstressed)
    adj. The possessive form of you.

1. Used as a modifier before a noun: your boots; your accomplishments.
    2. A person's; one's: The light switch is on your right.
    3. Informal. Used with little or no sense of possession to indicate a type familiar to the listener: your basic three-story frame house.

us·er·name ( P ) Pronunciation Key (yzr-nm)
    n.

A sequence of characters, different from a password, that is used as identification and is required when logging on to a multiuser computer system, LAN, bulletin board system, or online service. Also called user ID.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    The only shining light for this league has been the play of Lebron and Dwayne Wade and the Suns success this year.
    Not juse those two, but all of the NBA's young players. We are entering a new golden age in the NBA, imo. Just look at all the young talent:

LeBron James, Dewayne Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, Yao Ming, Amare Stoudemire, Kirk Hinrich, Tayshaun Prince, Josh Howard, Marquis Daniels, Devin Harris, Dwight Howard, Emeka Okafor, Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, Shaun Livingston, J.R. Smith, Josh Smith, Sebastian Livingston, Andre Iguodala, Josh Childress, Jameer Nelson, Al Jefferson, Tony Allen...

New young talent is flowing into the league more and more every year. I don't know why Stern feels so compelled to create an age limit. Let the good times roll, because the NBA is loaded with future stars. Not to mention guys hitting their prime already: Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Dirk Nowitzki, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Gilbert Arenas, Michael Redd, Vince Carter, Rashard Lewis, Jason Richardson, Paul Pierce, Shawn Marion, Tony Parker, Steve Nash, Mike Bibby, Elton Brand, etc.
    Last edited by ATLien; 04-04-2005 at 03:34 AM.

Don't know why, but my friends call me this in school. Could have been the connection with dictators, but I'm not so sure.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast