Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prom

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFan2002
    My post-prom runs from midnight till 4. They'll have ventrilliquists, magic tricks, pokah, etc.
    I remember playing a little "pokah" after prom too. No ventrilliquists, but it there was certainly a few magical moments.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I remember playing a little "pokah" after prom too.

When I was junior I went to my girlfriends junior/senior prom (she went to a different school) and there were no problems that night

My senior prom on the other hand was really bad for a few reasons and I'm going to try to give a really condensed version, but leave enough for it to make sense:

I was 18 and the girl, err, woman I was "seeing" was 21. I say "seeing" because she dated others at various time. We were never really a couple I guess, but it had been going on for a few months.

Anywho, prom time rolls around. I was not going to ask her to go because what 21 year old wants to go to a high school prom? I was happy not going at all because I was not really friends with many people in my class.

Well, she kept asking "Who are you going to the prom with? Who are you going to the prom with? etc, etc" When someone asks you something over and over, it makes you think they want to do it so eventually I asked her because I thought that was what she was hinting at

I was wrong. She said "I only asked because I wanted to make sure you had someone else to go with" ummm, ok...a week goes by and she finally says yes.

Shortly there after some dickhead who worked with us who had a girlfriend at the time, but was interested in the girl I was seeing...he also went to my high school...so he tells her that I was going around the school telling everyone that I was only going with her because, to be pg-13 and Clintonesque, I wanted to have relations with her after

She confronted me about it...I said no way in hell would I say something like that, that kid said that because he likes you, and does that even sound like something I'd say? no she says

She said no, but you could tell she didn't believe me for whatever reason. Prom night comes. She said before about how her roomate would be gone that night...and she kept going on about how I "better have some plan for afterwards" I had no plan, what are we going to do? I wasn't "cool" enough to be in the in crowd for those after parties, I didn't think she wanted to go the YMCA after party to play volleyball and make balloon animals, or go to the 24 hour Bickfords (pancake house)...

Prom itself was ok, but afterwards horrible...we go back to her place. "Oh, I don't have any alcohol in the house"...too late to go buy something so I could at least get too drunk to remember the rest of the BS coming that night. Basically, she just gave me the shrug off and went to bed. I was stuck there because she picked me up at my house. I tried to go to sleep at least to make the time go by faster, but she snored and I couldn't go to sleep...I sat out on her porch for a while and I don't remember what else I did, but it wasn't much...finally at 6 am she wakes up and brings me home...shortly there after she stopped talking to me.

And that'sa my prom story, pretty good, eh! steve?

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Condensed version, eh? lol

Lynch the fog was HORRIBLE last night. I could not see 5 feet in front of me coming home...and that is not a good thing at 3 am.

I had a good time though....so thats all that matters. Really expensive though.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I did leave stuff out

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinsFan
    Lynch the fog was HORRIBLE last night. I could not see 5 feet in front of me coming home...and that is not a good thing at 3 am.
    No doubt, the fog was terrible at 7am this morning. Driving down 35E, I couldn't see overpasses/bridges until I was almost completely underneath them.

Sucky.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    There's a high school experience I couldn't care less about. I never got the appeal of dances and I don't think I ever will.
    Yeah, no one wanted to go with me either.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    Yeah, no one wanted to go with me either.
    Ahahaha, so, you interpretted that the same way I did!? heh.

Oh snap.

Yeah, I'm guessing that is part of the reason. I still don't think I'd like it even if people were clamoring to go with me, but the whole socially awkward thing doesn't help.

I will say this though, was it even necessary to say something like that?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Hope you had fun tonight TwinsFan!

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    No doubt, the fog was terrible at 7am this morning. Driving down 35E, I couldn't see overpasses/bridges until I was almost completely underneath them.

Sucky.
    I passed out in my bed at about 3:20 or so...woke up again at 10 AM. Sooo tired right now.

MLB ERA
    Looks like most of your pics turned out pretty good!

(gotta like the chick that's feeling up the statue. Haha)

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    haha she's one of my best friends. It all started a few months ago when we went to the sculpture garden and she struck that pose with a statue. ever since we've had a camera and a statue we've taken a picture of it.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    I will say this though, was it even necessary to say something like that?
    You must not know me very well at all.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ahhh prom, you know how pissed girls get when you dump them right after prom? They send their brother to kick your ass. And when that doesn't work, they call you at 4 AM asking why you don't like them anymore...

God I miss high school, and being single, in general.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast