Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US Video Game Sales up 32% in March

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    if someone doesn't have the patience to read a post just because it's not a snazzy one liner I don't want to debate/converse with him or her anyways
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    Ok, I'll keep -this- response simple, just for you.

If you can't come up with a response, then I think we can all assume that my point(s) were made and you can't come up with a response that supports your own opinion. That's ok. It happens.
    Nice try.

Your examples are extreme cases. I stand by the fact that video games don't make fat kids, lazy parents make fat kids. Its not that hard to unplug the PS2 and tell your kid to go outside. No, parents today are too busy playing internet poker, watching 5 MLB games a day, popping Prozac and working 75 hours a week so they can afford that SUV and big screen TV.

Video games are not evil, they are just what toys have evolved to.

Oh, and the reason kids don't go play catch anymore is because parents don't want their kids playing alone for fear of them being kidnapped by the black male that they saw on the news.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibles
    Nice try.

Your examples are extreme cases. I stand by the fact that video games don't make fat kids, lazy parents make fat kids. Its not that hard to unplug the PS2 and tell your kid to go outside. No, parents today are too busy playing internet poker, watching 5 MLB games a day, popping Prozac and working 75 hours a week so they can afford that SUV and big screen TV.

Video games are not evil, they are just what toys have evolved to.

Oh, and the reason kids don't go play catch anymore is because parents don't want their kids playing alone for fear of them being kidnapped by the black male that they saw on the news.
    AMEN. People are always wanting to place the blame anywhere but on the individuals responsible for the actions. (although why bring up the race card in a discussion about video games and obesity? )
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Didn't I blame parents in my "too long to read" post? I have YET to say it's all kids that are to blame for being fat lazy asses. Of course, it's the parents fault too.

And as far as that last comment about parents being afraid of their kid "being kidnapped by the black man they saw on the news"!?..... wow, that's ... I'm not even going to touch that one, but that's pretty fukt up.

Didn't I blame parents in my "too long to read" post? I have YET to say it's all kids that are to blame for being fat lazy asses. Of course, it's the parents fault too..
    Then I don't understand what you're arguing about. You basically agreed with what I said, but somehow turned it against me.

And as far as that last comment about parents being afraid of their kid "being kidnapped by the black man they saw on the news"!?..... wow, that's ... I'm not even going to touch that one, but that's pretty fukt up.
    I don't know where you live, but in Vancouver, a lot of parents don't let their kids do stuff the way they used to. I grew up in a small town (3000 kids), I remember riding my bike all over the place, doing all the stuff you talk about. Nowadays, most parents wouldn't let their kids ride their bikes more than a block away from home for fear of something happening (I'm talking about within cities). I mean, would you let your kid take the metro bus or the subway at 10 years old by themselves? Hell no.

(EDIT: I'm not incinuating anything about race, just commenting on the fear we all live in because of the news)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibles
    I don't know where you live, but in Vancouver, a lot of parents don't let their kids do stuff the way they used to. I grew up in a small town (3000 kids), I remember riding my bike all over the place, doing all the stuff you talk about. Nowadays, most parents wouldn't let their kids ride their bikes more than a block away from home for fear of something happening (I'm talking about within cities). I mean, would you let your kid take the metro bus or the subway at 10 years old by themselves? Hell no.

(EDIT: I'm not incinuating anything about race, just commenting on the fear we all live in because of the news)
    Yes I know perfectly well what you mean here, and it's true. What was fuct up about your statement is that you specifically said that parents are scared of their kids being kinapped by "the black guy they saw on the news" and by saying that, yes you are insinuating anything about race, whether you think you are or not. I was with you that entire post up until you insinuated that parents in inner cities are only worried about black guys....

edit: Oh, and this post is coming from someone who gets irate at people who make huge issues out of nothing just because race is involved, or people who unnecesarrily bring up the race issue when race has nothing to do with it.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    Yes I know perfectly well what you mean here, and it's true. What was fuct up about your statement is that you specifically said that parents are scared of their kids being kinapped by "the black guy they saw on the news" and by saying that, yes you are insinuating anything about race, whether you think you are or not. I was with you that entire post up until you insinuated that parents in inner cities are only worried about black guys....
    I can understand that, but that's not what I meant.

I was thinking of the movie 'bowling for columbine', and how the news creates so much fear in society by focusing on the negatives so much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12