Thread: The Chronicles of Narnia

MLB ERA

The Chronicles of Narnia

I have been waiting alll year since I heard about to see it, and I am seeing it tonight .

Btw Who here has read the books?

I have read all 7 books of the serries. I hope they make all the books into movies.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Question 777. Why has this movie had a Christian spin to it? Is there a Christian message to it or anything?

I get this idea because it is advertised on nearly any Christian website you go to and there are a lot of Christian artists that have made an inspired by CD for this movie. Any clue what this is all about?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Question 777. Why has this movie had a Christian spin to it? Is there a Christian message to it or anything?

I get this idea because it is advertised on nearly any Christian website you go to and there are a lot of Christian artists that have made an inspired by CD for this movie. Any clue what this is all about?

Yes the books have a Bibical teaching. Each one has a different Christain message. They are pretty good books.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Oh Ok. So the movie will be based off these books and likely have the same type of message. Sounds good. I am intrigued. I may have to go see it.

MLB ERA
    Won't be touching this one with a ten foot pole.

MLB ERA
    OMG this movie was awesome!!! Spiecal effects were amaing!! Reminds me of LOTR. Go out and see it everybody, that way(hopefully) they will make all 7 books.

MLB ERA
    I just got back from it. It was bad ass. The battle at the end was crazy, I loved it.

I think I've been living in a cave. That's the 4th movie I've read about on forums today that I never even knew existed.

*googles movie*

NOT interested

these movies are getting worse then reality tv, i miss the 90's

MLB ERA
    I haven't seen the movie, but I probably will eventually... I must say, though...

There is no chance it is better than the made for TV movie they did of it in the late 80s. With the terribly cheesy special effects and terrible acting.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094500/

I mean, sure, for the 80s, great special effects, but they had the queen "appear out of nowhere" by making funky noises and then running in from off-screen at one point.

MLB ERA
    I'd like to see this flick. I dunno if I'll have time to before Christmas break with the kids though. King Kong is on the must-see list as well.