Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50 Cent: Our culture is ****ed up already, just buy my damn game.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

50 Cent: Our culture is ****ed up already, just buy my damn game.

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/en...3270795400.htm

Bloody video game OK for kids: rapper 50 Cent
    Tue Nov 22, 5:05 PM ET

Rapper 50 Cent, once shot nine times on the street in a gang incident, said on Tuesday parents should buy their children his new video game, rated 'mature' for blood, gore and sexual themes, and use it as a teaching tool.

The industry rating for "50 Cent: Bulletproof" means it has been deemed "not suitable" for those under the age of 17.

"Just because it is rated mature doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it for your kids," the rapper, whose given name is Curtis Jackson, told Reuters in an interview on Tuesday. "Play the game and explain to them what they are playing."

In the game, released just weeks after the popular rapper's movie, "Get Rich or Die Tryin'," hit the screens, 50 Cent is depicted making his way through New York's underworld with armed guards and guns blazing.

Last summer the American Psychological Association, responding to studies showing that violent video games can increase aggressive behavior in children, adopted a resolution recommending that all violence be reduced in video games and interactive media marketed to children and youth.

The rapper, who has a 9-year-old son, defended violent video games as entertainment. "I think everyone knows that a game is a game. There's the part where you actually press start on the controller -- after that you are playing a game."

The culture is rife with violence, in movies and in music, he said. "The person that's influenced by a video game can be influenced by anything," he said.

"If we have to take away video games, then we have to think about other things," he said. "And then we have no entertainment because we might influence somebody who's crazy."

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    As if video games weren't stupid as is, Fiddy Cent gets to have his own! How great is that!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    What a buffoon... I guess my opinion of these rap "musicians" won't be going up any time soon

I just feel bad that this guy has already bred, continuing his gene pool on
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

AAA ERA
    FitDee, like all other rap stars, is again setting a wonderful example for the youths that look up to him.

Hey kids! Buy my game and be like me! A homicidal, self-indulgant, misogynistic maniac! G- G- G- G- G- G- G- G- G- G- G- G-Uniiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

What ever happen to video game characters that were also good role models like: the fat trainer in Punchout, or the guy from Adventure Island?

EDIT:
    The Canadian government should ban U.S. rapper 50 Cent from touring Canada later this year because he has a criminal record and glorifies gun violence, a legislator from the ruling Liberal party said on Wednesday.
    More...

50 Cent doesn't represent most rappers. He's overrated and only popular hooked up with Dre and Eminem, got on MTV and radio, and uses the stereotype of rappers to his advantage. You all bought into it afterall. This guy tried to make beef with most of the rap world to get popular. Unfortuneatley it's fools like him that those of you who don't listen to rap or like rap believe.

If he can make movies and sell video games more power to him though. Some of you all may not like this, but he or anyone else isn't creating the problems in society, the problems in society created them.

G-g-get the hell outta here!
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blame society... It's not the decisions we make and the actions we do... it's society that makes us do it....

Wait here... I gotta go find a tissue

MLB ERA
    Be a shame if someone shot him several more times.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

In the head, specifically.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Yet how many of you want to blame these people for the downfall of soceity? It's a universal thing. You don't think society in general has any blame in this? How many records has 50 cent sold? How many parents let their kids listen to him? How many of those parents don't care? It's the same with Eminem or any other numerous rappers, rockers, movie stars or whatever. He's responsible for his own actions as is everyone, I'm not trying to push no "society is to blame so let him off the hook" bullshit. I'm also not trying to hate on him by pushing "he's just another dumb rapper who is ruining society" bullshit either. You want him to start singing love songs? That's not how he grew up, that's not what he knows. Fact is our culture loves this stuff, yet I don't see any of you complaining about violent rock songs or violent movies. Tell all these record companies to start pushing more positive rap MUSIC all your kids will buy it then 50 Cent will be doing that instead. Then this gangster stuff will be an obsolete point. Hell if this was Ozzy you all would be on his dick.

Did you hear Brett Michaels got his tour bus shot up? Damn rockers, if they weren't so gangster. Kill em' all!!!

MLB ERA
    I won't say he is single handedly ruining society... but you can CERTAINLY say he is doing nothing to better society on top of the stupid acts he does and the stupid words he says..

This guy is a waste of oxygen

True and you can say that about a lot of people of various backgrounds. I personally could care less for 50 Cent, I have no interest in him. You guys have barely scratched the surface of this guy. But there are many music artists, rappers included, out there who are more positive and they get no air time at all. As long as record companies promote this stuff and people buy it like they do, it's not going away.

It's society and they buy into the celebrities thing. Why do we think that actors and actresses are better than us? Why do we pay actors and actresses millions of dollars to provide entertainment for us, but pay teachers, firemen, police, etc. barely anything. Sorry for going off this topic of rappers, but had to just state that.

As for rappers, I haven't listened to rap hardcore since the mid 90s. Tupac and Biggie died, and rap died with it.

MLB ERA
    Did I say you coul dnot say it about people from other backgrounds?? I can name tons of actors, politicians, athletes, etc as well too.. who are wastes of oxygen

But I will not, and never buy, for one instant that society made these pieces of crap act like they do.... that is the prototypical crutch answer that makes about as much sense as tits on a bull

Why do we pay actors and actresses millions of dollars to provide entertainment for us, but pay teachers, firemen, police, etc. barely anything.

Because Crazy Tom Cruise provides a lot more direct revenue for his employer in comparison to a policeman?
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast