Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50 Cent: Our culture is ****ed up already, just buy my damn game.

The point is missed. Maybe I didn't explain it the best. Maybe some don't care to understand. Oh well life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    It's society and they buy into the celebrities thing. Why do we think that actors and actresses are better than us? Why do we pay actors and actresses millions of dollars to provide entertainment for us, but pay teachers, firemen, police, etc. barely anything. Sorry for going off this topic of rappers, but had to just state that.

As for rappers, I haven't listened to rap hardcore since the mid 90s. Tupac and Biggie died, and rap died with it.

The infatuation with celebrity is amazing. You'd think nobody has anything else better to do. Maybe they don't.

As for rap dying with Pac and Big, I'd have to disagree.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Killah Sith
    The infatuation with celebrity is amazing. You'd think nobody has anything else better to do. Maybe they don't.

As for rap dying with Pac and Big, I'd have to disagree.
    Never been a fan of rap, but one thing I cannot stand is some of these people who are out there promoting censorship and takign choice away. If parents did their job (not blamely solely parents, but I see way too many who let their young children listen to way to much of the cRap), it wouldnt be an issue. I will give anything a chance, but if i dont like I will not listen to it. Simple rule of the market, if you buy it then you approve of it. If society doesnt buy it they will quit making it.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    What a worthless piece of shit. Rap (and rap artists) can't go away soon enough for me.

MLB ERA
    Slyder

I hope you don't think I am for nationwide censorship pf music... adults should be able to choose to listen to whatever they want... the key being ADULTS... I agree that partents are the main ones responsible to limit what they want their kids to listen to...

I am mainly against this guy and what he stands for (which 'free speech' is not what he is doing this ofr).... I would not care if his genera was rap or techno or concert viola
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    Slyder

I hope you don't think I am for nationwide censorship pf music... adults should be able to choose to listen to whatever they want... the key being ADULTS... I agree that partents are the main ones responsible to limit what they want their kids to listen to...

I am mainly against this guy and what he stands for (which 'free speech' is not what he is doing this ofr).... I would not care if his genera was rap or techno or concert viola
    na, more so me just steaming on how stupid some people in the area are. I know some people who had a protest party for one the releases and went bought the cd then rented a steam roller from Walker Machinery and crushed the CDs. Didnt mean to imply anyone here, for I dont know anyone well enough to say someone here is like that.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    Never been a fan of rap, but one thing I cannot stand is some of these people who are out there promoting censorship and takign choice away. If parents did their job (not blamely solely parents, but I see way too many who let their young children listen to way to much of the cRap), it wouldnt be an issue. I will give anything a chance, but if i dont like I will not listen to it. Simple rule of the market, if you buy it then you approve of it. If society doesnt buy it they will quit making it.

EXACTLY!!! My wife is a 4th grade teacher and she sees it constantly. Ten year olds should not be listening to 50 Cent, Eminem, or countless other music artists. But parents let them. Even commericals show kids rapping to Eminem songs like it's the cool thing. Parents let their kids play Grand Theft Auto like it was Pac Man. It's ridiculous. Too many parents let their kids watch what they want when they want, just as long as the kid is out of their hair. My oldest daughter acts as if TV is God with the way she watches it. That's because the first 6 years of her life her then parents used TV as a babysitter. Who knows what she watched on TV. 50 Cent, as ignorant as he can be, isn't the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    What a worthless piece of shit. Rap (and rap artists) can't go away soon enough for me.

You'll be waiting a while because they are not going away. It's like saying singing artists can't go away fast enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12