Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets talk baseball video games

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Lets talk baseball video games

I checked out the XBox 360 at Target the other day and the graphics were insane to say the least. My question is, does anyone know anything about what kind of baseball games will be coming out next season for the new XBox and the PS3? I remember a notification that the MVP series was finished after this past year and that they wouldn't be coming back for 2006. Anyone know anything about this?

Just trying to see what kind of options I have as I am positive I will end up buying a PS3. So lets talk baseball video games!

As far as MLB-licensed games, you'll only have the Take 2 series, which used to be ESPN baseball. MVP will turn college.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yeah I just read that they are going with an MVP NCAA 2006 this year. That could be nice. So, did anyone even play the ESPN game last season? If so, how is it? Does it come anywhere close to MVP?

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I played the ESPN version at a friends house.

Didn't care much for it.

I love MVP and I think people are going to like the college version even if they don't follow college baseball.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I think the college version will be great and I am sure I will get it. I am very dissapointed in the MLBPA though. Its crap that we cant enjoy the EA sports title when they brought out the best games the last few years. This likely means that the minor league options will no longer be available and just the overall in depth approach to the game is going to be lost due to this decision. I may have to buy the NCAA game and play college baseball that way. Then keep MVP 05 and remake the Reds entire minor league system and play my minor league games that way. Then, play the Pro games on the new ESPN on the PS3. Thats 3 games to keep updated throughout the year. Sucks.

Anyone know if ESPN does actually have a plan for minor league teams? And has anyone heard anything on what they are expecting to do to make this game big next season?

MLB ERA
    I thought it was the MLB series that was keeping the MLBPA names? That one wasn't too bad, and did have AAA and AA. I'd still prefer MVP, but the MLB series would've been an acceptable alternate.

In all seriousness, I find this monopoly on the rights to use the real player names to be assinine. Even in football, but at least the best series (Madden) got the rights there.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I am reading that it is the 2K series that owns the rights to the player's names. Which I guess is now called World Series Baseball. I am not positive yet though because I am at work and cannot access so many websites that could help me research this. But right now, I am very worried that we will only have one option for our new baseball games for next season. And that option is likely nowhere near the greatness of MVP. So far, this is dissapointing.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    MLB series can use the MLB license because 2K only has 3rd party rights to the MLB license. Since MLB series is produced by Sony, they are technically a first party publisher and can, therefore, use the MLB license.
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Sounds to me like MLB is going to be the best option for this coming year then. At least they have the AAA and AA team options. No single A but it is still way better than nothing. The gameplay probably is nowhere near as good on either MLB or 2K as it was on MVP. And probably never will be. Still sucks! I am hoping that they graphics that will be geared up for the PS3 will give me enough of a want to actually buy it though.

I'm still on Derek Jeter All Star Baseball 2003

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    As far as MLB-licensed games, you'll only have the Take 2 series, which used to be ESPN baseball. MVP will turn college.

Man I hope 2K Serries is as good as MVP.

http://2ksports.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Post your suggestions, I registered, though its been like 6 hours and they have not sent me the activation e-mail yet.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFan2002
    I played the ESPN version at a friends house.

Didn't care much for it.

I love MVP and I think people are going to like the college version even if they don't follow college baseball.

Really you think so? I did love MVP, I think I might get this game, even though I dont follow college. And hopefully they will realease it for Game Cube, if not I will have to buy the computer version. Well all I see that the game is comming out for Play Station and XBOX.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Iknow the Gamecube was spposed to come out with their own baseball game. But I don't remember what it was called and last I heard the production of the game was canceled. What does that mean for Nintendo? I am not sure if they will even have a baseball title this year.

MLB ERA
    Yea it was called Penant Race, or something like that, not being a Nintendo bias, I really would like 2K sports to make next years baseball game for game cube. I also hope the MVP 06 NCCA is for Game Cube as Well.

MLB ERA
    Hey what do you think of this idea for the 2k baseball game, having a World Baseball Classic? That would cool IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast