Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is anyone good with writing Lab Reports?

15th, man. Just look at his profile.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'm a junior, ATLien.

Thanks Lynch!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    To anyone: When I'm writing the results, should I include the mean and standard deviation calculations of one of the excel charts? Keep in mind, I'm also to include the excel chart amongst my results; so I don't know if I should bother writing out in the written portion when I simply can mention "the mean and standard deviations were calculated, as shown in table 2" instead of...being so redundant. Opinions?
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    I simply can mention "the mean and standard deviations were calculated, as shown in table 2" instead of...being so redundant. Opinions?
    Not having been in college for about 15 yrs or so, I can't answer what would be the best way of doing this, but what youdo as you quoted above, it would be fine for me (if I was a prof).

I know that when I was in school, some were laid back and as long as the data was there to back up the claim, they were cool. Others wanted shit laid out exactly how they wanted it and if you deviated at all, they'd doc you with some BS comment like 'you could have just said, "the mean and standard deviations were calculated, as shown in table 2" '

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Element
    Biology? Try AP Chemistry.
    Try Mechanics of Materials, Fluid Mechanics or Electrical Engineering. nothing beats 20 page lab reports.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I have a question, if anyone would be able to answer it:

When it comes to the discussion part of the lab report, would you advise interpreting data from the tables and graphs used in the results section? Because all that was needed in the results section was to say.. we got this and we got that, but no intepreting or opinions based off those numbers were needed for that section. So to make up part of the discussion, I wan to give depth to the numbers....
    Ted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12