Thread: RIP: The Crusher

MLB ERA

RIP: The Crusher

Wrestling Legend, The Crusher, dead at the age of 79:

Listen up, you turkeynecks. One of the most memorable characters ever in wrestling has died. Or more correctly, gone to the big beer hall in the sky to start raising hell again with Dick the Bruiser. All praise The Crusher, dead Saturday at age 79.

The Crusher -- Reggie Lisowski to a few -- was a true American original. Promoted as "The Wrestler Who Made Milwaukee Famous," he'd brag about running along the Lake Michigan waterfront with a keg of beer on each shoulder so he could get in shape to polka all night with the town's many Polish barmaids.
    Click here for the full story

AAA ERA
    Oh, this is bad news. At least I still have Rick Rude and Chris Candido.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    In the immortal words of Hollywood Hulk Hogan... Whatcha gonna do, brother... whatcha gonna do when the power of the Grim Reaper runs wild on you!
    rf28

MLB ERA
    The Crusher was always one of my favorites when I was growing up. Back when the AWA was at the top of the wrestling world. THere were a lot of those guys that lived in the general vacinity that I grew up in as the Saturday evening (and sunday morning telecasts) shows were taped about a mile from my house.

Anyway, the Crusher was one of those guys that just put a smile on your face. Beer drinking, cigar smoking Pollack who by all accounts I've ever heard and read, was one of those guys that was hard to dislike in person as he was just a fun loving guy.