Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When does XBox 2 come out?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    No way PS3 comes out this year, there are still some really big games yet to come out for it.

Also, I wouldn't doubt if a teaser of a new Halo is shown in May on MTV. The MTV crowd, well mainstream in general loves Halo.
    they did it with the PS2, put both games on both systems (ps1 and ps2) after the PS2 release, besides the GameCube has a huge game coming out too with the New Legend of Zelda title coming out this fall

the unveiling of the x-box 2 on MTV, and PS3 and Revolution marked for E3, there is not doubt in my mind all 3 systems will be released by November

at least the PS3 and the nintendo Revolution will be backward compatibility, heard nothing about this for the x-box 2
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

AA ERA
    XBOX 2=Q4 2005 at the earliest. I would say Q1 2006 is more likely but who knows.
    PS3=Q1 2006 if XBOX is this year otherwise probably Q3 2006.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay_is_God
    they did it with the PS2, put both games on both systems (ps1 and ps2) after the PS2 release, besides the GameCube has a huge game coming out too with the New Legend of Zelda title coming out this fall

the unveiling of the x-box 2 on MTV, and PS3 and Revolution marked for E3, there is not doubt in my mind all 3 systems will be released by November

at least the PS3 and the nintendo Revolution will be backward compatibility, heard nothing about this for the x-box 2
    Yeah, but the PS2 is going very strong still. Gamecube lacks the overall sales of XBOX and PS2. People with a Gamecube will buy Zelda no matter what system is coming out. And Microsoft is starting to compete with Sony and I imagine they feel they can get a jump on them by releasing XBOX 2 this year.I just think given their strong sales they won't release with the other systems. It could come out this year I suppose but it would be a shocker. It seems like for about a year now all the mags have talked about XBOX2 coming out this holiday season, but the PS3 has pretty much been a complete mystery.

Besides, the very expensive PSP just came out and if they released two major systems in one year you would have to figure they would alienate some of their market (IE, loyal Sony customers who plunked down $400 on a PSP package might not have the cash or the willingness to buy a PS3.)

I am pretty sure XBOX 2 will be backwards compatible, like 95% certain. I'll try to look into it later.

MLB ERA
    Damn.

I'm still on Dreamcast, I need to catch up with the times.

AA ERA
    Checked a site and the expert there said XBOX 2 end this year and PS3 next year... that sounds right to me I guess.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Damn.

I'm still on Dreamcast, I need to catch up with the times.
    Dreamcast rocked. That was system was, pardon an older expression, da bomb.

We got that the first day it came out and it blew my mind. NFL2k was unlike any football game I ever played. Soul Caliber had graphics that looked better than most early PS2 games not to mention it was the best fighter out. And Sonic Adventure was blazing fast. Too bad it just couldnt handle Sony, a lot of really original and fun games came out for that system. I still play Samba De Amigo!

MLB ERA
    Haha.

See what had happened was I had had an N64 for the longest time and when the PS2 came out, I went to the mall to get it but they were out of stock and weren't getting any for a long, long time.. so instead I opted to go for the DC, since I was so sick of my N64, I was desperate.. I played the hell out of my DC. Soul Calibur, NFL2Ks, NBA2Ks, Crazy Taxi 1/2 got the most spin on mine. I should have waited for the PS2, though, LOL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12