Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Death Toll in Iraq Surpassed 2,000

MLB ERA
    I thought America went to war cause God told the president to?

Someone please fill me in here.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    That's fine, except that we were told at the beginning that they were there to disarm the sicko of the weapons of mass destruction he allegedly had (the President clearly said in his address right before the war that the US had given him a time window to surrender such weapons), not to ultimately establish a democracy in the country.
    Partly correct. The three predicates of declaring war were (as I remember):
    1. ) Overthrow Saddam Hussein for not co-operating with the UN. GWB was just taking out the trash for the UN.
    2. ) Establish Democracy in Iraq. (i.e. the EXIT STRATEGY)
    3. ) Rid Iraq of Weapons of Mass destruction. If you have enough evidence to believe Darwinism, then you shouldn't have a hard time believing that Saddam had a window to cover up any WMD program or cache. We'll never know. It always amazes me the people trust Saddam Hussein more than they trust an American President. Where is your allegiance?

But those were the goals in 2003. Now it's 2005. We're there whether you like it or not. So the question becomes: What do you want to do now? Run away like little scared little puppies and hope the problem will take care of itself? Or grab the bull by the horns? We did this destroy/rebuild in Japan and look at how they turned out. Only difference is there were no Islamofascist animals shooting at our men in Japan. We need to put the animals to sleep.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The administration must finish what it started. Ironically, the war probably earned President Bush a second term because voters decided that now wasn't the time to change leaders.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    The administration must finish what it started. Ironically, the war probably earned President Bush a second term because voters decided that now wasn't the time to change leaders.
    That's not ironic...that's called "strategery"

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Don't forget the false allegations that Osama and Saddam were wroking with each other. This war was wrong and each day it becomes more and more apparent. They don't want us there and never will. They would have been better with Saddam still in power as much as no one wants to hear that. And never, EVER believe the US's death toll on soldiers. It's all PR work and the gov't hasn't told the truth since.....well never.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Partly correct. The three predicates of declaring war were (as I remember):
    1. ) Overthrow Saddam Hussein for not co-operating with the UN. GWB was just taking out the trash for the UN.
    Actually he was working with the UN but Blair and Bush didn't listen to the inspectors and went with false intellignece. Most of that intelligence was from the Bush Sr.'s term. Most inspectors have come out and told the truth.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Don't forget the false allegations that Osama and Saddam were wroking with each other. This war was wrong and each day it becomes more and more apparent. They don't want us there and never will. They would have been better with Saddam still in power as much as no one wants to hear that. And never, EVER believe the US's death toll on soldiers. It's all PR work and the gov't hasn't told the truth since.....well never.
    Don't confuse Iraq harbors terrorists, with Saddam and Osama are boys. You're misinformed, I'm afraid. You trust Saddam, more than you trust your own country's leader. I see where your allegiance lies. I feel sorry for you. I'm not saying you have to take every word from the President as gospel. I am saying that you want to believe that GWB doesn't have America's best interest in mind. Its fine to differ with the president on social or fiscal issues and call him out for that, but calling him out for defending America is just being stubborn. Heres why: GWB had intelligence (which hind sight has shown to be fishy) that there was a lunatic with weapons which he sold on the black market to anyone with a gripe on the US. Now ask yourself two questions:

1.) Is it so hard to believe that a genocidal maniac with a prior history of aggression against the US might want to get aggresive again? Or hire someone that will?

2.) Will you take matters into your own hands if the international community (who profits from the genocidal maniac) won't deal with him?

I look at it like this: If you heard that a guy you hate wants to harm your family, and the police can't (or won't) do anything about it, are you going to sit by and let the chips fall as they may? Or are you going to take matters into your own hands?
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Actually he was working with the UN
    If by "working with" you mean: "lining the pockets of", then yes you're right. I love how little liberals love to trash Halliburton but can't see any corruption between the UN and Saddam. They can't imagine a scenario where Saddam would support a terrorist. Again, who do you put your allegiance behind?

MLB ERA
    Did you all miss the memo where Saddam gave refuge to the 1993 WTC bomber? That alone is evidence enough for me that he was working with the terrorist.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Rookie ERA
    Oh dear god this thread is heading in a bad direction

MLB ERA
    Hmark speaks the truth. Reefer is against USA.

I think he should be banned on the grounds of treason.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    As of now Iran and N. Korea are much bigger threats as it is well-known that they have nuclear weapons programs. The administration chose to go after Iraq based on its history with the U.S. and it's not a huge stretch to say it was bad blood and unfinished business for Bush.

MLB ERA
    USA is a bigger threat than Iraq, Iran, and Korea combined.

MLB ERA

Meh...

For anyone hell-bent on getting all worked up over the loss of American lives in Iraq, here's something you really need to look at:

==============================

Things that make you think a little:

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq in January.
    In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the
    month of January. That's just one American city,
    about as deadly as the entire war-torn country of Iraq.

When some claim that President Bush shouldn't have started this war, state the following:

A) FDR led us into World War II.

B) Germany never attacked us; Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost. An average of 112,500 per year.

C) Truman finished that war and started one in Korea. North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost. An average of 18,334 per year.

D) John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.

E) Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost. An average of 5,800 per year.

F) Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent. Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

G) In the years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran, and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

The liberals and democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking and how many needless lives have been lost...

... but ...

* It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.

* We've been looking for evidence for chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

* It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick

* It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!

Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GOOD JOB!
    The Military morale is high

The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize the facts.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    USA is a bigger threat than Iraq, Iran, and Korea combined.
    yep we are. we're definitely a greater threat to reduce the number of terrorists in this world than those three countries you named.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast