Thread: Does anybody here have MVP 2005 for the PC?

Does anybody here have MVP 2005 for the PC?

I bought MVP 2005 for the PS2 yesterday, but now I'm thinking of returning it for the PC version. Reason being is I would like to have updated rosters, even in a year or more.

But I bought the PS2 version because I was concerned about the gameplay on the PC. I have a AMD 2500+, 512MB RAM and a 128GB GForce video card...how will the gameplay be? Gameplay is very important to me.

MLB ERA
    Gameplay is great for me.. but you HAVE to have a double analog game pad, or else it's shit..

MLB ERA
    if it's anything like the Madden games for the PC they stop making Roster updates after a year.

But, then again, with the new monoply-agreements and stuff, who knows, maybe they'll update these ones more often
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Man, this game is hard on Owner and Dynasty mode.. Whenever I sim, my teams suck..

One time I took the Braves in Dynasty mode, and simmed all the way through the first year, and we finished last place in NL East and I got fired, and then Tampa Bay hired me.. And then I lose in Round 1 of Playoffs with TB, and I get fired and game over. That is not right. Since when does TB have such high expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    if it's anything like the Madden games for the PC they stop making Roster updates after a year.

But, then again, with the new monoply-agreements and stuff, who knows, maybe they'll update these ones more often
    You can download rosters made by third parties for free on the net. I was playing NBA 2000 for years, with the latest updates every year.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibles
    I bought MVP 2005 for the PS2 yesterday, but now I'm thinking of returning it for the PC version. Reason being is I would like to have updated rosters, even in a year or more.

But I bought the PS2 version because I was concerned about the gameplay on the PC. I have a AMD 2500+, 512MB RAM and a 128GB GForce video card...how will the gameplay be? Gameplay is very important to me.
    You have the capabilities to install the game on your PC. I've heard from others that the PC version has some serious graphic issues.