Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Movies of 05

MLB ERA
    I still want to see Sin City, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, War of the Worlds, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, Batman Begins, The Fountain, Fahrenheit 451, A History of Violence, The Corpse Bride, The Bad News Bears, Star Wars Episode III, Fantastic Four, The Legend of Zorro, Kingdom of Heaven, Bewitched, The Pink Panther..

Well, I don't want to see all of those.. but I got my eye on them..

AA ERA
    Kung Fu Hustle, best movie of the year so far.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I don't understand all the fuss about Sin City. Last weekend after seeing Sahara, I snuck into the adjoining room to catch Sin City, since a big majority of people told me that it was a movie worth seeing. Well, I'm sorry, but it just plain sucked. It was so bad that I walked out of the theater 35 minutes into the movie. I nearly demanded a refund ... only I didn't even buy a ticket. Good thing that I didn't waste my money on that garbage. Hmpf.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    I don't understand all the fuss about Sin City. Last weekend after seeing Sahara, I snuck into the adjoining room to catch Sin City, since a big majority of people told me that it was a movie worth seeing. Well, I'm sorry, but it just plain sucked. It was so bad that I walked out of the theater 35 minutes into the movie. I nearly demanded a refund ... only I didn't even buy a ticket. Good thing that I didn't waste my money on that garbage. Hmpf.
    all i'm saying is our you out of your mind

they did an awsome job on the movie, not only did I love how they made the color scheme of the movie, also how they made all stories connect in some way or another, it was just pure class movie

MLB ERA
    so far me the best movie of this year would have to be Fever Pitcher, followed closely by Million Dollar Baby

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by 777rak
    so far me the best movie of this year would have to be Fever Pitcher, followed closely by Million Dollar Baby
    Technically Million Dollar Baby was last year I think. But it was really good so I don't care.
    I aim to try

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Fahrenheit 451..
    Do you mean Fahrenheit 9/11 instead? There was only one movie based on 451, and that one looked like Euro trash, not that I was a fan of the book or anything.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by awefullspellare
    Technically Million Dollar Baby was last year I think. But it was really good so I don't care.
    Million Dollar Baby was released in like 4 cities (NY, LA, Chi and SOmewhere else) on Christmas Weekend. Didn't get wide release until January 2005. You know how they do that bullshit just to get the Oscar nods.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    Do you mean Fahrenheit 9/11 instead? There was only one movie based on 451, and that one looked like Euro trash, not that I was a fan of the book or anything.
    They are remaking Fahrenheit 451. Was originally supposed to be out this year, but it's not looking too good, from the last I heard. Casting started and stopped a couple of times and I think this might end up getting shelved for a while.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    Million Dollar Baby was released in like 4 cities (NY, LA, Chi and SOmewhere else) on Christmas Weekend. Didn't get wide release until January 2005. You know how they do that bullshit just to get the Oscar nods.
    Ahhh that makes sense. I check yahoo earlier and it said Dec 15th, but I also remebered going to it in February and it was in a big theatre still so taht didn't make too much sense.
    I aim to try

AA ERA
    My List for the year:
    (A)-Kung Fu Hustle
    (A)-Million Dollar Baby
    (A)-Hotel Rwanda
    (B+)-Coach Carter
    (B)-Sahara
    (B-)-Hitch
    (B-)-Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy
    (C-)-The Pacifier
    I aim to try

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    good list awefullspellare!

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    I just saw Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy tonight and it was awesome. So Funny.

However, the humor of Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy is a lot different and a lot of people may/will be disapointed.

It'll be a movie you like, or one you hate.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was amazing. There were few things that the movie did not explain, such as the importance of drinking beer and eatting peanuts before hitchhiking.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I saw Monster In Law and Kingdom of Heaven. Monster In Law was ok, pretty predictable plot but nice comeback for Jane Fonda since she hasn't been in a movie in 15 years.

Kingdom of Heaven was something else. It's really bloody, hence the R rating but I know the guys here won't mind. But besides all the blood, it's a really profound movie. It really made me think, especially now that once again there's animosity between Muslims and Christians post 9/11. I definitely recommend it. Orlando Bloom and all the supporting actors gave a great performance.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast