Thread: This is an insane amount of money.

MLB ERA
    That is ridiculous. No way does that penalty stand. It'll get appealed and brought way way down from what it's at.

^What he said.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    The jury broke down the damage award as $450,000 in economic damages — Robert Ernst's lost pay as a Wal-Mart produce manager; $24 million for mental anguish and loss of companionship, and $229 million in punitive damages.

But the punitive damage amount is likely to be reduced as state law caps it at twice the amount of economic damages — lost pay — and up to $750,000 on top of non-economic damages, which are comprised of mental anguish and loss of companionship.

Under that formula, $1.65 million is the maximum amount of punitive damages that Carol Ernst could receive, versus the $229 million that is being sought.
    if 1.65 is the max, then why go ahead and tell her she's getting 229 mil...wtf

However, Dr. Maria Araneta, the pathologist who performed Ernst's autopsy, testified for Ernst that a blood clot that she couldn't find probably caused a heart attack that triggered Ernst's arrhythmia. She also said the heart attack killed Ernst too quickly for his heart to show damage.
    "ya he had a blood clot...i couldn't find it in my autopsy, but its there somewhere...i just won't be thorough enough to find it"

this case was wack from the start
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]