Thread: Battlefield 1

MLB ERA

Thumbs Up Battlefield 1

I just barely started playing this game and so far, it's even better than what I could have imagined. Who else has this or is thinking getting this? If you haven't gotten it yet, I would highly recommend it.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Battlefield 1

I got in on Black Friday and love it. I started with the campaign mode and played the first two "levels," but now am hooked on the online portion of the game. Been using the medic class lately on most maps and scout on one or two. I've been having a blast so far. Great game.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by bshea View Post
    I got in on Black Friday and love it. I started with the campaign mode and played the first two "levels," but now am hooked on the online portion of the game. Been using the medic class lately on most maps and scout on one or two. I've been having a blast so far. Great game.

That sounds almost exactly what I am doing. I have been playing the campaign but I can't stop playing the online.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I just started as well, played through the first two levels of the tank campaign. I suck at FPS so I don't bother with online play and I don't spend time on collectibles. All I'm interested in is getting through the story.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I just can't pass the part in the Italian campaign where you have to shoot down the bombers, even on Easy. Mini games like that with moving targets just piss me off almost as much as Boomshine Blowout in GTA Vice Stories with the fucking forklift and sharp turns in third person view.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ugh, nevermind. It turns out my problem was just zooming in with the AA gun and that restricted my range.

MLB ERA

The airplane missions are hard as hell. I hope to get passed them soon so I can keep playing the others. The campaign really is a lot of fun. If you want to try playing online Mofo, I play every now and then. We would be on the same team so I wouldn't have to beat you like I did in The Show.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I don't know, I avoid online multi-player. My kill/death ratio in GTA Online is horrid enough (it's like 0.3 or 0.4), and they have an easy targeting system and the game is in third person view. I hate to think what it would be with first person shooters against these fucking kids who play this shit 24/7.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

So after playing Battlefield 1, I decided to get Battlefield 4 as well, and that game pissed me off at times with the checkpoints being infrequent compared to the Call of Duty games, especially that Russian mission where I have to snipe the entire army by myself (because your squad is useless) and then wait forever for that tank to drive by one of the crappy landmines that I pretty much have to walk right into the path of the tank to place and risk getting killed by the tank (why weren't we equipped with an explosive you can throw from a distance?), only to get killed by that fucking guy with the RPG and have to restart the checkpoint all over again. The fuck, man.

I guess they improved the checkpoints on Battlefield 1, because the only time that was a problem for me was the last mission in the Arabia campaign where you have to blow up 3 tanks.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 02-14-2017 at 03:18 AM.

MLB ERA

Holy hell I am so glad to have the airplane missions out of the way.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM