Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The what are you watching right now thread

Rookie ERA

Re: The what are you watching right now thread

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    I'm not sure what to believe anymore. The argument for limbo is that they constructed just 3 levels for the mission which was why Cobb thought they were fucked after Fischer got shot on level 3 before Ariadne talked Cobb into entering the world that he and Mal built, which describes the limbo world (the only things there are what the previous inhabitants built). On the other hand, if Fischer was able to be resuscitated on level 3, then that meant he wasn't shot dead, so if he wasn't actually dead then he didn't enter limbo but level 4 instead.

Mofo, I know, it's such a puzzle, maze, which is exactly the point.

I thought that, too about it being limited to the 3 levels, but I think somewhere it mentions that more is unpredictable but not impossible.

Because Ariadne only designed three levels and because it was Mal (Cobb's projection) that shot Fischer they would need to find her to find him. They would have to go into Cobb's dream and his dreams are consumed by the world with her, so that level projects that world (their Limbo). If they had gone into Ariadne's mind she would have no clue of where to go as she had never experienced it. It could be Fischer's dream making it easier to find him, but I don't think Fischer would have dreamt of Cobb and Mal's place, so I think it's Cobb's mind, his dreams of the world they built but they are not in a state of Limbo.

Remember how Cobb keeps telling the others not to do certain things, don't bring real memories into the dream, make up new stuff, etc.? Yet, he constantly does what he tells them not to do.

Ariadne and Fischer are able to ride the "kicks" back up which I don't think you can do from Limbo. If they both died from the fall under the heavy sedation they would have gone to Limbo instead of the falling sensation being a "kick" to push them back to the fortress. So, if it wasn't Limbo for them it couldn't be for Cobb, but he stayed behind missing the kicks. He couldn't wake up in the van when Arthur tried to stir him, so Arthur knew something happened. Does that make sense, if it's even possible to make sense out of this thing?

Not that I need one, but it's a good excuse to watch my DVD again.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Two Face gets very lucky some dumbfuck forgets to load his gun.

I like how that no matter how good a movie is you can find obvious holes in the plot.
    If you haven't seen it yet, Oblivion is the movie for you if you love huge plot holes.

It's available on FXNow.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Watching Scarface again, I kinda wished the video game hadn't made Sosa out to be a murderous villain through his lecture toward the end of story. The beauty of the film was that while Sosa presumably didn't blink at taking the wife and kids' lives as collateral damage, it doesn't fit his M.O. to admit that he expects Tony to let them die.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12