Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where all my bitches at?

Rookie ERA

Re: Where all my bitches at?

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    but you're not normal?
    You have to ask? Of course I'm not normal! Well...depending, of course.

Pity that things phase out. A lot of people I do enjoy talking to and joking with. And some of the things I say here...well, I'm not about to put some of them on FB.

"Um...Mrs. Gubin? It may be none of my business, but I noticed that on your husband's Facebook page he was asking "where all his bitches were at", and then proceeded to yuck it up with a bunch of other men about moisture, no pants, and chunk yardage. Whatever that is."

No. That ain't gonna cut it. Who would understand me and Hammer tearing into Gruden and bitching about him during a game? If I said "moist", "argle bargle" or "What in the blue fuck?", only the people here would understand.

Or, I could just go to ESPN:

Derik Car iz eleet!!!!!
    Last edited by Cyanatic; 08-15-2014 at 03:08 PM.

he normal part was in relation to "any normal person would" which means you'd be exempt from your own sentence you were using to refer to yourself.

I need to stop posting with Leo...

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hopefully, the NFL weekly threads gets us on an upswing of activity, because I can't imagine trying to find somewhere else to talk football at this point.

(Besides: I like talking to Mach & Hammer about football. And Kingdom, too, sometimes. When he's not talking about some shocker he got from some girl last night. )

Rookie ERA

The site isn't really dead, it's just that there are only a few of us here that post on a regular basis. I don't comment on ESPN or You Tube, I think I have made a handful of comments on MLB pages over the years, but the reason they are popular is because they are basically a hit and run type of thing. Facebook is different it's usually made of people you know, family, co-workers, ex-coworkers. Though in my personal experience most people just hit the like instead of leaving comments. Imagine my surprise when usually I post a FB message or pic and I get 2 comments and 20 likes or something but when I did the Rays rant last week, that blew up! I even had two guys who know me but don't know each other going at each other on my post. It was interesting. Maybe we're not controversial enough, the last three days my feed on FB has blown up with references to the situation in Ferguson, MO. Problem is, if there are differing views on hot topics, some can't discuss it with civility. I guess I gotta start watching football again.

For me, when the new threads are slow, I work on my team tribute.

I am often surprised how even though I have never met anyone here in person , when I see something I will think about one of you guys. Something one of you have said here, I will see an example of later and think "Oh, so and so just mentioned that". Maybe I'm weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Foster View Post
    I can still whisper sweet nothings in your ear if you want. Girls still do that, right?
    Yea, I'm sure they do, when they have a guy, but what they say depends on how the guy treats them.

.....thanks Zod God, now I want to dig out my "Wizard of Oz" DVD.
    Last edited by Tobywan; 08-15-2014 at 03:51 PM.

MLB ERA

The site's activity went to crap around the time when our biggest contributor did nothing but post numerous links to stories with little to no added commentary and degraded anybody who disagreed with him, followed up by a "this site is dead without me" tantrum.

He'd no doubt cite the board as proof if he ever came back for a cameo drive by.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

was that really activity though?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Well, in reality, I figured the board's activity would be in trouble when the 50 or so Reds fans vanished.

What the hell happened to all those guys? We ended up keep, what, 1 of the Reds guys from the early days?

MLB ERA

In the sense of the word, yes

But I was trying to highlight the fact that his form of "activity" is part of (probably not the biggest part, though) what killed it.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Witlon View Post
    Well, in reality, I figured the board's activity would be in trouble when the 50 or so Reds fans vanished.

What the hell happened to all those guys? We ended up keep, what, 1 of the Reds guys from the early days?
    I built up a nice group of Padres fans for awhile too but LTR and PFF drove them all away.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I built up a nice group of Padres fans for awhile too but LTR and PFF drove them all away.
    Well, Kobe pulling his disappearing act didn't help. (He'd be doing it for years, and this time, it finally stuck.)

I personally liked PFF, too, but I understand how some could see him as annoying.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It would've been. If he just would've posted the news, let everyone comment and not post his opinion at all, things probably would've been better, actually.

and that's what kind of happens, you build this nice base but then some assholes run them off and they go to FB or dumb places then the assholes get bored and head to FB or dumb places themselves. Best to ban fuckers from, the start. Not all activity is good activity long term.

MLB ERA

But that's a catch 22 because if you start banning people for anything other than spam, blatant trolling/flaming, or anything of that nature the otherwise reasonable people percieve you as running way too tight of a ship and regulating the board way too much.

that's a prevalent thought but I'm not sure it's true. Most of them are in the same mindset that they just don't like the fellow and wouldn't mind seeing him gone. That's why developing a strong core and then leaning on them for opinions is pretty much the best way to run a board, so the people you want to keep have a say in things and express their opinion.

For example, SR, I was worried not allowing egoc and folks would cause folks to leave, but it turned out I was way too worried and conservative about it. On the other hand, I've seen Crow banned from 2 boards and activity suffer a ton after he was gone. It's really about determining a core and what your guys want.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast