Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is everyone on this forum mean

Re: Why is everyone on this forum mean

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas3 View Post
    BaseballSlant, the only forum where administrators swear at you.
    That's not true, this site and this site do the same too.

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

I haven't gotten one yet. I've just been using an on-screen keyboard. I'm planning on getting a razor keyboard though. I've heard they're really responsive and last a long time.
    YOU'RE ALL MEAN! (Btw, I got a new keyboard)
    Also, stop lying.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Reddit is getting no respect for being mean to people...

Rookie ERA

Because you ask pointless questions. This is a message board largely for discussion of major league baseball and sim leagues. Wanna talk about The Show? Go to IGN or something. Wanna discuss your training for HS baseball? There's a forum for that, but it's not here.
    LeagueTeamRecordPlayoff RecordDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLMariners293-517 (.362)0-0000002055-Present
    TBLPhillies559-413 (.575)20-24 (Series Record 2-6)412002013-End
    MSLTigers124-362 (.255)0-0000002052-2054

LeagueTeamRecordPlayoff RecordDivision TitlesConference Titles Championship WinsYears as GM
    KBSLNew York Knicks58-24 (.707)9-7 (2-1 series record)00000

MLB ERA

It's really not the subject matter because high school baseball and MLB The Show are still loosely related to the forum topic. I don't think anybody would bat an eye if I asked a question about my MLB The Show RTS. Not to mention we go off topic all the time here.

It's more the general nature of the questions themselves. I mean, if I pose the question of whether RTS or franchise mode in The Show is better that may be an interesting topic on the game. But asking us if it makes sense to sign a 90 k minor league contract in RTS or hold out for more? Nobody, not even people on IGN, are likely going to want to discuss that too much in depth. I mean, we discuss trivial OOTP stuff, but it's also related to each of participating in the same leagues we all have a stake in. I don't think there'd be that much interest if I were running a game on my own and I tried to ask the group here if I signed a player to too much.

It's also a matter of how he is immersing himself into the community...or more to the point, how he is not. He's simply posting a bunch of questions about his own life and goings-on while showing little to no interest in everyone else's topics, and then getting pissed when nobody takes him seriously. When I go to a new forum I tend to get involved in existing conversations before trying to start my own.

And lastly, I'm forced to question the legitimacy of the account when he does stuff like post a broken thread saying his spacebar is broken, make another "broken spacebar" post later on, then two minutes later make a new thread saying he just got his new keyboard....only to later on say he doesn't have a new one yet.
    Last edited by HollywoodLeo; 06-18-2014 at 08:01 PM.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

You would have loved Pileofwit

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    It's really not the subject matter because high school baseball and MLB The Show are still loosely related to the forum topic. I don't think anybody would bat an eye if I asked a question about my MLB The Show RTS. Not to mention we go off topic all the time here.

It's more the general nature of the questions themselves. I mean, if I pose the question of whether RTS or franchise mode in The Show is better that may be an interesting topic on the game. But asking us if it makes sense to sign a 90 k minor league contract in RTS or hold out for more? Nobody, not even people on IGN, are likely going to want to discuss that too much in depth. I mean, we discuss trivial OOTP stuff, but it's also related to each of participating in the same leagues we all have a stake in. I don't think there'd be that much interest if I were running a game on my own and I tried to ask the group here if I signed a player to too much.

It's also a matter of how he is immersing himself into the community...or more to the point, how he is not. He's simply posting a bunch of questions about his own life and goings-on while showing little to no interest in everyone else's topics, and then getting pissed when nobody takes him seriously. When I go to a new forum I tend to get involved in existing conversations before trying to start my own.

And lastly, I'm forced to question the legitimacy of the account when he does stuff like post a broken thread saying his spacebar is broken, make another "broken spacebar" post later on, then two minutes later make a new thread saying he just got his new keyboard....only to later on say he doesn't have a new one yet.
    This is a more proper version of my intended point, which was that the threads are seemingly-intentionally focused on him.
    LeagueTeamRecordPlayoff RecordDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLMariners293-517 (.362)0-0000002055-Present
    TBLPhillies559-413 (.575)20-24 (Series Record 2-6)412002013-End
    MSLTigers124-362 (.255)0-0000002052-2054

LeagueTeamRecordPlayoff RecordDivision TitlesConference Titles Championship WinsYears as GM
    KBSLNew York Knicks58-24 (.707)9-7 (2-1 series record)00000

AAA ERA

He just got Leo'd
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

Quote Originally Posted by anditsgood View Post
    You would have loved Pileofwit
    We don't talk about that anymore.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by LJMets1989 View Post
    This is a more proper version of my intended point, which was that the threads are seemingly-intentionally focused on him.
    Typical teenager, which he claims is his age range. It wouldn't be a problem if the rest of the crowd here were
    the same range....at least chronologically speaking.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Some would say I act like a teenager, but thats a different story.

Rookie ERA

I miss all the good shit.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanatic View Post
    I miss all the good shit.

Blame it on the colonoscopy.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by schisno View Post
    Blame it on the colonoscopy.
    That's mean.

MLB ERA

BaseballSlant, the only forum where administrators swear at you.
    "ONLY"?

Gotta say, that just shows how little you've been around the intrawebs. PLENTY of admins, mods, supermods and every other sort of online poopstain will swear at you, with you and about you at some point or another. Some do it behind closed doors (ie: mod/admin forums which you can't see) and others just don't give a crap and will come right out with it.

Seriously, if you can't take advice (both good and bad), playful ribbing as well as hurtful jabs, name calling (friendly or otherwise), then I'd have to say that you should turn off your connections to the intranets, grow a few extra layers of skin and come back once you've toughened up.

OR... stick with Disney.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast