Re: 2014 Version of Movies You've Seen Thread

they prefer the term Service Providers

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I figured Mach had a cuter name for you
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Vagina Service Providers?

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

ive ''jokingly'' asked her if shed give me a handy in the bathroom for 10. no go.

offer 20, could be worth it. Better than betting on Top Chef.

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I thought he moved on to the bible challenge thingy with Jeff Foxworthy
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Witlon View Post
    Nobody other than me goes to Matinees? $2.50 and a less crowded theatre is perfect for me at 10 AM on Saturday.

What fucking century are you living in that you can to a matinee for $2.50?

MLB ERA

Matinees are about 5.50 here
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

2014 movies?

Hrmm, lemme think.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier ---- this movie was fucking INCREDIBLE! So much better than the first one as they didn't need to putz around with building a backstory and/or character development to the characters. I'm not typically a fan of 3D, but I went and saw this in an IMAX 3D screening and I was blown away. I will definitely be owning this one and can't wait to see what they do with the Avengers 2 and hopefully another Captain America film after that.

Noah - actually a pretty decent film although there were plenty of WTF moments. Of course, considering the fact that the entire story of Noah in the Bible is told in just a few chapters, they had a lot of space to fill for a 2+ hour film. The effects were pretty epic, the story was good, overall, but again ... quite a few times I was sitting there thinking "where in the hell did they come up with that!?"

3 Days To Kill - I walked out of some other movie this spring and went into this one since it was just starting. I watched the first 60-70 minutes but then had to leave since I needed to be somewhere. No, I wasn't trying to "steal" a movie screening, but rather just wanted to poke my head in to see how it looked. I have to say that the older Costner gets, the more enjoyable his movies are. He's always been a decent actor (not great, not bad), but he plays these older character roles pretty well. I'm looking forward to seeing this on DVD in the coming weeks (netflix and their BS delaying of new movies annoys me). Depending on how it ends, I may end up buying it.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 - This was decent. Better than the first one. I am not a fan of Garfield's portrayal of Peter Parker although his portrayal is MUCH better in this flick, but part of that comes from the storytelling. I thought the Ultimate Electro was better than I was expecting. Foxx does a decent job with this, but more than anything, the SFX for this character as well as the entire movie was very very good. I saw both of the ASM flicks in 3D and the first one REALLY felt like a forced 3D movie. I'm not sure how exactly to explain that, but it felt like a first-time director trying to get "in your face" with the 3D effects rather than letting certain aspects just play out naturally. This movie improves on the rebooted franchise. I wasn't impressed at all with the Green Goblin though, both in casting choice Dane DeHaan and the mutated Harry Osborn. I think this kid is a horrible actor and has been horrible in everything I have seen him in. Back to Garfield, I'll give him credit for one thing, he's banging Emma Stone IRL, so props to him for that! #jealous

300: Rise of an Empire - this movie was good, but not great. I thought the first one was pretty epic in terms of what it was. This one felt forced and the story was kind of wonky Eva Green is definitely hatable in this movie although she does flash the juggies a few times, so if you are into her (quick glare at Cy), it might be worth the price of admission just for that. I"m sure I'll own this on blu-ray at somepoint just because I like these types of movies, even the ones that aren't that great.

Robocop - this was pretty decent for a remake. Personally, I always thought the original series was kind of lame. Cool idea but very cheesy execution. This one is a bit cheesy in spots as well, but the SFX and action sequences crush the first one, so it was more enjoyable for me. Not sure I'll ever own it, but it was definitely worth seeing in the theater.

I, Frankenstein - better than I was expecting, although it felt like an awkward ripoff of Underworld

Pompeii - what a shit movie. The SFX was good, a little bit of the action sequences/fighting was good (until the end), but the story was pretty dreadful and the acting was even worse. Jack Bauer is awesome as Jack Bower but Keifer's fake accent (not sure wtf it even was supposed to be) was just brutal. His character was brutal, his acting was as bad as anything I've seen him do in ages, maybe ever. Jon Snow is the 'hero' and he comes off as someone who was told to mail-it-in. I think he's decent in Game of Thrones (although nothing special through the first 2 seasons), but he was extremely average in this. The 'heroine' is horrible. She is also in this season of 24 and is terrible in that so far and was terrible in Pompeii. Don't even know here name, zero fucks given what it even is. Pouty-lipped broads that can't act are a dime a dozen, why must we keep seeing them in movies and TV shows?

X-Men: Days of Future Past - Excellent movie. Saw it in 3D and it was worth it. This might be the best in the series and has caused quite a stir in the online nerd/comic geek community regarding continuity, the future of the franchise, the next movie, etc etc etc. Hopefully without giving too much away, this movie helps to clear up the fucking mess that Brett Ratner did with X3, where he completely fucked up the entire franchise. How Fox greenlit that project is beyond me. Anyway, the storytelling was overall pretty good. The acting is about what you can expect from a very similar cast from two separate parts to this franchise (X1-X3 + First Class). There are flashbacks or flash-forwards from every single movie in the X-Men movie universe. I want to talk about it, but don't know who has and hasn't seen it. Bottom line, I was very happy with the whole thing, even with the minor issues on minor characters. I will definitely be owning this on blu-ray.

Godzilla - to ANYONE that didn't like this movie but will still go back and watch the overly cheesy, campy movies of the 50's 60's and 70's talking about how great they are, well... you can go fuck yourself. This movie was awesome. The backstory was good. The possible origin of Godzilla was good. The Muta's were a bit goofy but they were good. Godzilla was muhfuggin' EPIC! The roar, the baddassery, the electric shock/fire/thing he does, EPIC! Seeing it in 3D was outstanding. The only thing bad about it was having KickAss as the main character. He's ok, but nothing special. Liz Olsen is cute, but is a very minor character. But none of that matters. Godzilla = King of the Monsters and for very good reason. That icon roar put an ear-to-ear grin on my face the first time I heard it!

BTW: after seeing X-Men, I stuck my head into a different screen that was showing Godzilla just to see where they were at in the movie. There was probably 30-40 minutes left, so I ended up sitting down and watching the end again. STILL EPIC! :bow:

MLB ERA

I probably missed a couple of 2014 movies, but those are the ones I remember off of the top of my head. Some good ones coming up.

I wanted to see A Million Ways to Die in the theater, but I don't think I'll make it. Maleficient also looks very good and is something that should probably be seen in the theater just for the full effects. Of course, Guardians of the Galaxy looks very good. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Lucy, Jupiter Rising (maybe), Hercules, Transformers 4, Expendables 3, Sin City 2....

MLB ERA

Matinees here are either 6.50 or 6.75, as long as you aren't going to the big screens (Imax or similar) and/or seeing something in 3D... that always jacks up the price by a couple more dollars.

Example. Godzilla, 3D IMAX, just the ticket was 13.00 for an 11am showing. Throw in some snacks and suddenly I'm at $23. It's just ridiculous. The ONLY time I'll put up with it is during the summer blockbuster season and for movies that I am fully expecting to be epic flicks. I wouldn't pay those prices for anything that isn't an SFX-laden movie.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

"Eva Green is definitely hatable in this movie although she does flash the juggies a few times, so if you are into her (quick glare at Cy), it might be worth the price of admission just for that"

sold. i bought a bootleg of this one the other day... i guess its up next.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i also have i, frankenstein... you didnt really go too in depth on that one, but it still intrigues me, though ive been holding off on watching it for whatever reason.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast