Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone catch Wrestlemania?

Anyone catch Wrestlemania?

Not half bad. Stone Cold looks to be back. He was on Raw on Monday.

I like that Cena won the title but am skeptical of batista as champion.

I am ticked off that the Undertaker would not job to Orton Jr.

MLB ERA
    AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE

CAUSE STONE COLD

SAID SO

seriously, i can't watch wrestling anymore. everytime something happens they're all "WHAT" "WHAT" "WHAT" its really annoying. that is also like 2 years old isn't it? i mean it was the hot shit way back when but now its like why even bother.

BIGGEST SOAP OPERA FOR MEN
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Taker didnt job to Orton because he's hurt and gonna miss quite a bit of time. Tho I was surprised that he had a match against Batista on Raw.

I predict Batista losing his title by the next pay per view. It's Triple H's show after all.

Rookie ERA
    Wrestlemania was up and down. Taker had to win for his streak and should maybe lose to Orton in a rematch further down the road.

I loved the Angle HBK match...as you could guess i was going for HBK. I also liked the confrontation between HHH and JBL.

I have read that Stone Cold isn't sticking around for long. If he does i hope he fights HHH.

Wrestling has lost a lot recently. I only ever watch the extremely good PPV's because a lot of it is real boring now and repetitive.

AAA ERA
    I thought Stone Cold couldn't wrestle anymore because of a neck injury?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Personally, I would've been pissed if Orton ended Taker's streak. Orton is average in the ring, has very little charisma on the mic, and has been boring for the last 6 months. Bleh.

As for Smackdown, after the weekly cruiserweight opener, I'll be turning it off. Cena with the belt is more bland than Triple H with the Raw belt.

I would do more comments, but I've already posted them at the Wrestlecrap board, so...

MLB ERA
    This probably has something with one of Austin's movies ready to show the preview and they want to get Austin back out in the limelight to drive movie goers.

I like the idea of Bautista as champ because the writers actually did it right. Hes shown enough personality to actually cut a good promo.

Plus its someone other than HHH.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Don't know what there's doing with Austin, because of his knees and neck and he can't wrestle, and the Authority figure role has been done to death so...Every once in a while he can come out, cut a promo, stun a heel and leave. Simple enough...

Rookie ERA
    That seems like the plan.

Wilton i agree with you about Randy, but who can you see as a good enough Heel on Raw to have the title besides HHH??? I think only Jericho could really do a good job of it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HBK
    That seems like the plan.

Wilton i agree with you about Randy, but who can you see as a good enough Heel on Raw to have the title besides HHH??? I think only Jericho could really do a good job of it.
    Christian is the most entertaining heel on Raw, but they job him to ever midcard face that they have, and their mother. It's disgusting. I'll take a Christian match or interview over a Randy match or interview any day of the week. I like Edge better than Orton as a heel too, as a face, Edge is blah.

AAA ERA
    Kane would be good heel to make the champ IMO.

Rookie ERA
    I thought about Kane, but it just doesn't work as champ.

I agree with Christian and Edge as heels. Christian is very entertaining. In fact i thought he would win the ladder match for a push...but he didn't.

Randy didn't want to be a heel, but he had to because he was such a crap face.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Kane just turned back face, he wouldn't be a bad transitional heel champ though. Win the belt at a lower level PPV, and then drop it at a Summerslam/Survivor Series. He's pretty good in the ring too, when he works with smaller guys.

I think that they need to legitimize more guys. Orton may not be the best entertainer as say like HBK or other legends but he has a gimmick. The legend killer...so what we are going to let Undertaker retire undefeated at Wrestlemania? They could use some mileage for someone to get a "W" there.

I don't mind splitting up the roster into two distinct federations but it hs to come to mind who can headline? I can think of worst people than Batista but how long ago did he job to Orton, Kane and whoever was challenging HHH?

On Smackdown, it was great to take the belt from JBL but I hope they get a decent contender for Cena.

Lastly, Stone Cold will likely be the Rock...make 2-3 appearances a year to keep their name up.

AAA ERA
    Rock doesn't even have a contract with WWE at the moment. It expired recently and WWE didnt approach him about renewing it. Word around is he's hurt by that. I always thought Rock should have chosen wrestling or making movies and stuck to that. It's like he's teasing the fans but only showing up on Raw every so often.

As for Cena having a decent challenger, I doubt that'll happen. The talent on Smackdown is limited. Maybe Kurt Angle, Undertaker or JBL could challenge him. Then it drops off from there. I know Eddie was champ for a while last year but I think that's only because the company felt they owed it to him, kinda like when Benoit had the title last year. Big Show would be ok as a challenger if they turn him heel. I kinda like him as a face tho.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast