Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone catch Wrestlemania?

Quote Originally Posted by A's Baby Girl
    Anyone think the Hassan gimmick is a little insensitive? I mean, we're in an age of terrorism, we have troops overseas because of the war on terror. Whenever Hassan and Daivari come out, it just encites the crowd into USA chants. And Hassan isn't even Arab-American to begin with...I remember reading somewhere that the guy playing the character is Italian or something like that. I've also read some Muslim groups are not happy about the gimmick and they've written WWE about Hassan.
    WWE insensitive???? Really??? You mean the same organizations that had Sgt. Slaughter come out in an Iraqi flag during Desert Sheild/Storm and Slaughter challenged the world to "Form coalitions to try and stop me!", or are we referring to the same one that after Owen Hart's fatal fall from 5 stories continued the event as if nothing happened, in which the next match resulted in McMahan being carted away on a stretcher...or wait, maybe it's the one that had a football league with a NJ team named the "Hitmen"

Nahh, must be some other organization.

<old man rant> And wrestling sucks nowadays! Pales compared to the 80s with Hulk Hogan, Andre, Mr. Wonderful, Roddy Pipper, IRS Man, HonkyTonk...not I watched it back then because it was like, fake and stuff </old man rant>

That is too bad about Chris Candido. Wrestling has lost alot of people way before their time in the last 3 decades.

I think the WWE will stoop to any level to get a pop. Hassan is really no different than what they did during desert storm with the Iron Shiek and Shiek Abdan Al Kassie along with Sgt Slaughter. It is tasteless but this all a play.

As far as fake. No it is scripted. Fake insinuates that the falls and bumps do not hurt. believe me, they do I know from years ago.

The writing is weak right now but where are all the stars? The issue is who is over besides HHH? Batista was jobbing 6 months ago to anyone facing HHH and now he beats Kane in the middle of ring clean.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    The draft is coming up tomorrow I think. I'm curious to see who among the veterans comes over from Raw to Smackdown. It would be cool to see Kane come over and feud with Taker like they used to.

MLB ERA
    i dont care for wrestleing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123