Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone catch Wrestlemania?

Interesting about the Rock. I think it was good for him to show up 2 or 3 times a year and get his pop. Good for the WWE as well except he was never around long enough for any real storyline stuff.

I like Angle to have a decent run with Cena. Taker is at the point where he should look toward retiring. JBL has no game when it comes to wrestling. It was a joke to let him be the champ. Yep, Eddie is not much better. The Big Slow is the worst excuse on Smackdown. He can't move and who can perform moves on him? He useless and worthless. Angle is the only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by A's Baby Girl
    Rock doesn't even have a contract with WWE at the moment. It expired recently and WWE didnt approach him about renewing it. Word around is he's hurt by that. I always thought Rock should have chosen wrestling or making movies and stuck to that. It's like he's teasing the fans but only showing up on Raw every so often.

As for Cena having a decent challenger, I doubt that'll happen. The talent on Smackdown is limited. Maybe Kurt Angle, Undertaker or JBL could challenge him. Then it drops off from there. I know Eddie was champ for a while last year but I think that's only because the company felt they owed it to him, kinda like when Benoit had the title last year. Big Show would be ok as a challenger if they turn him heel. I kinda like him as a face tho.

Rookie ERA
    Angle i think is the best wrestler and entertainer on smackdown by a long shot. I hope he is a face though because he is a very entertaining face. Some of the things he said on smackdown were the only things worth watching it for.

I think Jericho should have another run at the title as a face against HHH i find they are entertaining together.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Jericho as a face is blah. You know, most guys with charisma are blah as a face, playing to the fans instead of just being natural.

That being said, even if it's as a face, I'd love to see Jericho get another title run. But with Trips and Stephanie in charge, I doubt it'll ever happen in WWE(at least on Raw)

Rookie ERA
    Do they have something against him?

AAA ERA

The Heel Section.

The first half of WM 21 was amazing. It really hit a wall after Hogan came out. The Title matches were terrible. Triple H is allergic to putting guys over.

The WWE Title match was absolutely dispicable. JBL holds the title for a year straight, then loses in 11:26 because Cena only has 3 moves. JBL wasn't the greatest wrestler, but his promos were amazing! John Cena can't wrestle for sh!t, and he isn't even a funny character anymore. Cena holding that belt is and insult to Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, the Rock, Stone Cold, and of course the Imortal Hulk Hogan.

Its all about Carlito Carribean Cool!

Rookie ERA
    Carlito was funny, but it seems like whenever motorhead play HHH loses.

I am also very upset that Matt Hardy was released. Way to hit a guy when he is down.

Hopefully Cena loses the title very soon. I think the FU is the crapest special i have ever seen.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HBK
    I am also very upset that Matt Hardy was released. Way to hit a guy when he is down.
    I'm with you on that one. I can't wait to go see RAW live and chant "You screwed Matt!" at Edge.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    seriously, i can't watch wrestling anymore. everytime something happens they're all "WHAT" "WHAT" "WHAT" its really annoying. that is also like 2 years old isn't it? i mean it was the hot shit way back when but now its like why even bother.

BIGGEST SOAP OPERA FOR MEN
    I feel the same way. OK in Elementary school, and early middle school, but it sucks now. How can anyone watch that scripted shit?!? Time to grow up.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    I'm with you on that one. I can't wait to go see RAW live and chant "You screwed Matt!" at Edge.
    I prefer the "Edge is feces" chant.

On Matt and Rhyno being released, I think this is the best thing for them. Matt needs to get out of that locker room with his problems, and Rhyno needs a place where he won't be used as a jobber to Chris Masters. Seing either of them in TNA would be great.

I'll work on finding some info on Jericho/Trips and why they don't like each other, but I'm sure they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Element
    I feel the same way. OK in Elementary school, and early middle school, but it sucks now. How can anyone watch that scripted shit?!? Time to grow up.
    I feel this way, if you don't like something, don't tell somebody they are acting like they're in elementary school because they do. Everyone likes their own thing. Some people like it, some people say..."How can you watch that fake shit?" To each his own.

AA ERA
    I dont watch it, but what does it matter if its fake? Movies are fake.

MLB ERA
    Vince hate Canadians ever since Bret Hart, vince feels Y2J isn't big enough to carry the company even though Chris makes a great heel or face (but he may be to over as a face now), Christian is so under-rated its crazy, smackdown has ruined RVD (too bad about his knee a month or so back), Undertaker retiring in the summer i'm going to miss the deadman, i think i heard HBK retiring in 6 months or something but i could be wrong i could careless about HBK anyway. Angle can't get the title because of his neck injury Kurt has about 2 years left in him before retiring from the ring, Rhyno better off without the WWE, Matt Hardy is a waste of space go to TNA re-join with Jeff (Jeff was always the better one), JBL is the biggest joke ever, I like Hassan but he needs to get rid of that piss monkey of his, Bautista was actually brought a long nicely for a change, Cena probably does deserve the belt more than anyone on SD
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Anyone think the Hassan gimmick is a little insensitive? I mean, we're in an age of terrorism, we have troops overseas because of the war on terror. Whenever Hassan and Daivari come out, it just encites the crowd into USA chants. And Hassan isn't even Arab-American to begin with...I remember reading somewhere that the guy playing the character is Italian or something like that. I've also read some Muslim groups are not happy about the gimmick and they've written WWE about Hassan.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Witlon
    I feel this way, if you don't like something, don't tell somebody they are acting like they're in elementary school because they do. Everyone likes their own thing. Some people like it, some people say..."How can you watch that fake shit?" To each his own.
    Sorry if i offended you, I really don't care if you watch it or not. Just sharing my thoughts on the show.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

1st round draft pick voodoomon1jd's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A's Baby Girl
    Anyone think the Hassan gimmick is a little insensitive? I mean, we're in an age of terrorism, we have troops overseas because of the war on terror. Whenever Hassan and Daivari come out, it just encites the crowd into USA chants. And Hassan isn't even Arab-American to begin with...I remember reading somewhere that the guy playing the character is Italian or something like that. I've also read some Muslim groups are not happy about the gimmick and they've written WWE about Hassan.
    I like Hassan, and there is a difference between "heat" and "bad heat", I think his gimmick is much less offensive than even Sgt. Slaughters turn in the first gulf war, that was bad heat.

Vince knows he has to be careful with Hassan' gimmick, so far I don't think it has been insensitive, it is just playing on a natural truth, that Arabs and other ethnic minoritys are indeed discriminated against, some to lesser degrees and some to very disturbing heights, and the peoples unwillingness to accept this fact gives Hassan even more heat when he throws it out there.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Instead of starting a new post...

Chris Candido, of ECW, WCW and WWF/E fame(as Body Donna Skip) passed away last night due to a blood clot following leg surgery...

Horrible day for wrestling fans everywhere.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast