Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Illegal Mexicans going to the immigration office

Illegal Mexicans going to the immigration office

http://www.ncbuy.com/news/2004-10-22/1010895.html

LOS ANGELES (Wireless Flash) -- You've heard of "The Amazing Race" but a Los Angeles comedian is known as "the Amazing Racist."

When Ari Shaffir isn't appearing on stage at L.A. comedy clubs, he gets his kicks by purposely offending members of different minority and ethnic groups to see how they react to his "button-pushing."

For instance, he gets his kicks walking into mosques and trying to sell shirts that read, "My parents went to Mecca and all I got was this terrible body odor."

Some comedians claim they use racial humor to "break down barriers" but Shaffir says "That's a load. They just want the laugh."

Shaffir filmed many of his offensive encounters for a new DVD, "National Lampoon's Lost Reality," and is amazed how many victims of his racial slurs willingly signed release forms.

Still, he's even more shocked by the reactions of those he left out.

In his words, "I got gays and Asians telling me they're offended that I didn't try and get them -- but they're next."

http://members.cox.net/aaron.roberts/loobia.wmv
    SBSL-Washington Nationals

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CS The Reds Fan
    For instance, he gets his kicks walking into mosques and trying to sell shirts that read, "My parents went to Mecca and all I got was this terrible body odor."

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

His name is Ari Shaffir. He shouldn't be making fun of anyone's race, lest he need reminding what his race is doing to others at the moment.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Considering the fact that the guy is most likely of middle eastern decent, I think that if anyone has the right to make jokes about them, it's him.

People really need to understand humor. Some of it can be enjoyed by anyone and other stuff is more directed at smaller audiences, but that doesn't make it any less humorous to those smaller audiences. Instead, we have a nation of ****ing whiners who constantly cry about racial bullshit and go out of their way to 'act' offended even when there's really nothing offensive about it. Comedy is ALL ABOUT making fun of something. If you don't have a sense of humor, ignore comedy but don't try to ruin everyone elses fun just because you don't have a sense of humor

(rant not directed at anyone in particular here, but to anyone on earth that may be reading this).

I'm pretty sure it's funny, but when he gets searched at the airport, he won't find it too funny, will he?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    (rant not directed at anyone in particular here, but to anyone on earth that may be reading this).
    That's funny Lynch because I was going to say that the same thing applies here, some peeps just don't get the humor, sarcasm, etc. Besides baseball, isn't that what we come here for, laughs?
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    i saw this vid like a month and a half ago, pure gold
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    Considering the fact that the guy is most likely of middle eastern decent, I think that if anyone has the right to make jokes about them, it's him.

People really need to understand humor. Some of it can be enjoyed by anyone and other stuff is more directed at smaller audiences, but that doesn't make it any less humorous to those smaller audiences. Instead, we have a nation of ****ing whiners who constantly cry about racial bullshit and go out of their way to 'act' offended even when there's really nothing offensive about it. Comedy is ALL ABOUT making fun of something. If you don't have a sense of humor, ignore comedy but don't try to ruin everyone elses fun just because you don't have a sense of humor

Great post, Lynch. I agree wholeheartedly.
    GO METS!

AA ERA
    Lynch makes a good point. Just because you make a joke about something doesn't mean you believe it. That is important.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    His name makes me think of Ari Fleisher.. obviously I butchered the man's last name.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Thanks guys. I kinda figured I'd get slammed for that, but it really is a simple concept. Most humor is about making fun of something. It doesn't necessarily mean that you dislike or hate what you are slamming, but you (or your audience) finds this sort of thing funny.

Gotta remember, most unfunny comedians are never heard of by the general public (aside from Pauly Shore of course :p ) If you've heard of them, its for a reason. people like them.

Anyway, thanks for the thoughts (uconn, river and awefull)

hey realmofotalk, whats wrong partner, offended by the video?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    kick her arse!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Oh well, I deleted my message. Sry, Zito.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast