Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl wants to share locker room

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA

Girl wants to share locker room

Hockey mum wants co-ed locker room
    Last updated Jul 12 2005 01:57 PM PDT
    CBC News
    – A B.C. mother is demanding that her 14-year-old daughter be allowed to change in the same locker room as the boys on her co-ed hockey team, and has taken the issue to the B.C. Human Rights Tribunal.

Minor hockey league policy is B.C. dictates that there be separate dressing room for boy and girls once they turn 11.

But Jane Emlyn and her daughter Jewel, who live in the north Okanagan community of Lumby, says that's discrimination.

"It's their right to be in the change room. It's not a privilege, And I feel that if they can play hockey then they should be exposed to all the opportunities that minor hockey players have," says Jane Emlyn.

Jewel plays defence for the Lumby Stars. The team is co-ed, but most of the players are teenage boys.

She is only allowed in the male change room 15 minutes before game time. She says she feels like a "second-class player" because of that restriction.

"People shouldn't be making a big deal whether they're changing in a different dressing room, changing in the same dressing room. We should all just be able to play hockey and have fun, you know in the same dressing room, right?"

The Emlyns say the solution is shared change rooms with a dress code. And that when it comes time to shower, they say the minority gender would have to leave the room.
    Click here for the rest

AA ERA
    Is she hot? <-----Had to be said.

She should stay in her own locker room.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Can you imagine the problem that would happen if that happened.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumb Broad
    It's their right to be in the change room. It's not a privilege, And I feel that if they can play hockey then they should be exposed to all the opportunities that minor hockey players have
    Where is written that you have this right? The Constitution? Didn't think so. Why don't these people realize society has these kind of rules for their own good? If they were allowed to change in the same room, when the boys harassed the hell out of the girl, this b!tch would file a sexual harassment suit on behalf of her daughter in a heartbeat.
    The Emlyns say the solution is shared change rooms with a dress code. And that when it comes time to shower, they say the minority gender would have to leave the room.
    Either that or the solution is separate dressing rooms. Which one is simpler?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awefullspellare
    Is she hot? <-----Had to be said.

She should stay in her own locker room.

Girl on the right. Anyways Shes a Canuck. of course shes hot....anyways this is just a bad idea waiting to happen.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    If I was on the team I'd say let her in. Hazing time.

Actually, nevermind, she is only 14.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    LOL MF......I rest my case.

MLB ERA
    i'm sixteen.. i can say it.

i'd hit it.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Well...
    Girl wants to share locker room Attached Images Girl wants to share locker room-hitit-gif 
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    I'll pass. That said, it probably is unfair that she can't be in the room with the guys becuase I'm sure that can hurt chemistry and maybe hearing less things from the coaches, but she shouldn't be allowed to be in there.
    I aim to try

Me like

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    And I feel that if they can play hockey then they should be exposed to all the opportunities that minor hockey players have
    and what "opportunities" does the mum think her daughter should be "exposed" to? hmmm? huh?? well?? really makes you think, doesn't it?

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    and what "opportunities" does the mum think her daughter should be "exposed" to? hmmm? huh?? well?? really makes you think, doesn't it?
    As I mentioned earlier perhaps the coaches are taking to the players in the locker room more however the girls don't get that because they are in the seperate room. Also the chemistry thing, spending time with the team.
    I aim to try

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by awefullspellare
    As I mentioned earlier perhaps the coaches are taking to the players in the locker room more however the girls don't get that because they are in the seperate room. Also the chemistry thing, spending time with the team.
    she shouldnt be allowed in obviously. its asking for a lawsuit. she should only be allowed in when the coach is ready to address the team before the game.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

I would imagine that a mother would want her daughter to change in a sparate room. I am sure that the coach will tell her all the stuff he told the rest of the team before the game, so she won't be lost on the ice.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast