Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: If you have a question, this is your thread. If you want to make fun of Zod...

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: If you have a question, this is your thread. If you want to make fun of Zod...

Then restart it up, ask anyone anything! They obviously don't have to answer. Like...

Hey Prov, what do you do outside of Simming TSSL?

MLB ERA

Re: If you have a question, this is your thread. If you want to make fun of Zod...

Zodious, who are some of your favorite bands?

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm an all over kinda music guy. In high school I was a big classic rock guy (AC/DC, Van Halen & Van Hagar, Queen, Etc.) as I got older I liked it a little heavier (Metallica, Godsmack, Disturbed, etc.) then I got into country (Toby Keith, Brad Paisley, Darius Rucker et all) but my favorite band is Blue October (going to see them live April 13th, first time, I love it!). I've always been a big fan of Meatloaf as well. I can name the artist on practically every radio station including oldies sometimes.

I'm I big lyrics guy. I hate Pop music, it's all the same. I also hate any song that says the same phrase or word too many times in a row.

I enjoy the music, especially if it's got a great solo part, but love good lyrics.

So I don't have "Bands I love" because I'm so broad in that regard. I do have plenty of "Songs I love"

My iPhone has 966 songs by 229 different artist.

MLB ERA

Well that kills my follow up question

I'm kinda the same way, though, except I do have my favorite bands. But it's mainly because those bands seem to hit at least 95 percent of the time with songs I love.

I'm even starting to secretly like some country thanks to the wife. Eric Church in particular.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

You must love her love the most!

Yeah, I hated country for years till my boss at work had us listen to it only when she worked. It grew on me. Again I took to the lyrics. Especially now it's more about loves lost or family life etc. It's more how my life is. Especially darious Rucker.

What was your follow up question?

Odd question for anyone... How do you feel about "audience participation in a song?"

Me personally have a weird take on it. When I see I band live, I want them to sing the song because that's what I paid for. But there are some live albums where it can give you goosebumps to hear the audience join in...

MLB ERA

The follow up question was going to be where I find a band that we both like and ask you to rank their albums from favorite to least favorite while listing the best and worst (or "least best" if you like every song on the album) next to each.

I asked this with Browntown and Green Day in one of his hot seat threads since we both like them, then I asked KoZ the same thing with Chevelle earlier in this thread.

I don't really listen to Blue October, though, and you don't really seem to have affliction to specific bands as a whole based off your post so it seemed like an unnecessary follow-up.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

I own albums from 3 of your top 5 bands and enjoy your top one. Chevelle, whom I know only from songs on the radio, I also like from what I've heard.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Leo: Wouldn't now not be a secret since you just told the forum that you were a country fan now?

Blue October: I liked Hate Me. After that, they just settled in to that alt-y stuff that I avoid like the plague. Do they have any other standouts that a "nu-metal"-(Sirius Octane music, for the most part) would like?

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witlon View Post
    Blue October: I liked Hate Me. After that, they just settled in to that alt-y stuff that I avoid like the plague. Do they have any other standouts that a "nu-metal"-(Sirius Octane music, for the most part) would like?
    They're newer stuff has centered around his daughter and his divorce. Not great stuff.

I most enjoyed their earlier work "Arguing with a Tree" is their live album which they picked the beat up on most songs. 2 songs that I love on the album are "Breakfast after 10" (Great song after a break-up), "Italian Radio" (Upbeat, had not to tap your foot to, and yes 'Rock Yodling'.. theres no other way to describe it).

Off other albums I love "Razorblade" (Deep song about attempted suicide, Probably my favorite chorus,
    'A Brief Bout with a Razorblade cut me
    I freaked out thinking people didn't love me
    I watched closely as the you I knew forgot me
    And letting go I am so proud of what I've done.')

Hate me obviously. Calling you (the song was my first dance song at my wedding). Sound of pulling Heaven down (My wife and I's 'song').. I could go on for a while. They really have a large gernre of music. depends on what you're looking for.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If you're a nu-metal guy, then Blue October probably isn't meant for you.

"Been Down", "Conversation via Radio", and "The Feel Again(Stay)" in addition to was Zod said.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

What does Zodious mean?
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zodious View Post
    My iPhone has 966 songs by 229 different artist.
    Kingdom sees your 966/229 and raises you 1307/374.

What's the most unique band or artist that probably stands out the most from everything else you listen to?
    Ted

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    What does Zodious mean?
    Zodious means.... nothing... 15 years ago I wasn't happy with any SNs that I had used in the past, so litterally I started playing with letters. came up with this little combo and really liked it. Its been me ever since.

2 Things about it though...
    1) I didn't know about Zod from Superman till AFTER I created the name and
    2) I like wearing izod clothes for different reasons than most people...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Kingdom sees your 966/229 and raises you 1307/374.

What's the most unique band or artist that probably stands out the most from everything else you listen to?
    Goodness, I don't really considder too much of it weird... I guess a few weird ones..

"Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend"
    "Dropkick Murphys - (F)lannigan's ball"
    "The full 2:30 into to the song for Mercenaries 2"
    Twisted Sister Christmas Album
    "MXPX's version of Barbie girl"
    "Johnathan Coulton - RE: Your Brains"

To name a few.

MLB ERA

Witlon, that's the irony I was going for.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by zodious View Post
    You must love her love the most!

Odd question for anyone... How do you feel about "audience participation in a song?"

Me personally have a weird take on it. When I see I band live, I want them to sing the song because that's what I paid for. But there are some live albums where it can give you goosebumps to hear the audience join in...

I always figured a "live" performance IS audience participation. I've been in the middle of everything from fans throwing mud on stage to being trampled under a bunch of teens charging the barricades. I've had microphones shoved in my face by lead singers and even brought up on stage, trust me, doesn't matter if you know you sing like a tortured cat or dance like a one legged elephant you WILL participate if coaxed by band member.

In my opinion the best audience sing-alongs are the spontaneous ones not when the lead singer shouts "Okay everybody!" Like you said those will give you goose bumps.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast