Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doubt anyone's on or cares...

MLB ERA

Doubt anyone's on or cares...

but in 2002 I had for all intensive purposes a complete total body and mind meltdown followed by a severe case of depression while I was at University of Akron where I was studying at the time. I came home and with the help of introspection and people at UA I was able to walk back from the darkness. Occasionally I would slip back toward it (never anything really severe) but my own self defenses have always been able to keep it from getting anything really bad.... until tonight.

I haven't felt anything remotely close to this since those days and none of the self defenses are helping. I don't know what to do. I can't sleep, I feel as though I'm right back in the darkness. I know whats triggered this but there's really nothing I can do about her from 1700 miles away until I find someone to give me a damn chance at a job that isn't garbage or some scam. This is why I hardly ever drink (and when I do I don't drink more than 1 or 2).
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Re: Doubt anyone's on or cares...

Hang in. Life seems shitty sometimes but you just have to take the punches and keep going.

I'm not much for words of wisdom on matters so I apologize if that sounds corny or cliche but it's what I got and I mainly wanted to show that there is somebody on.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    but in 2002 I had for all intensive purposes a complete total body and mind meltdown followed by a severe case of depression while I was at University of Akron where I was studying at the time. I came home and with the help of introspection and people at UA I was able to walk back from the darkness. Occasionally I would slip back toward it (never anything really severe) but my own self defenses have always been able to keep it from getting anything really bad.... until tonight.

I haven't felt anything remotely close to this since those days and none of the self defenses are helping. I don't know what to do. I can't sleep, I feel as though I'm right back in the darkness. I know whats triggered this but there's really nothing I can do about her from 1700 miles away until I find someone to give me a damn chance at a job that isn't garbage or some scam. This is why I hardly ever drink (and when I do I don't drink more than 1 or 2).
    Im already answering this on AIM. But I have also suffered from depression in the past and almost relapsed in November. Best thing to do is find something that you can do that isn't work to have a healthy escape.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I suffer from depression too and to be honest, if it wasn't for the weed no telling where I would be. I know that sounds crazy and goes against the scientific community but weed gives me a ton of energy, keeps me motivated and keeps me balanced. I'm not suggesting weed by any means because it affects people differently, just saying I know how you feel. When I was younger in my teens, I would be paralyzed by my depression. Wouldn't get out of bed or say a word to anyone. The depression is still there and sometimes I can have a shit load of friends over and still feel like the loneliest man in the world. Hope you get better Slyder. Better days are always ahead, always.

MLB ERA

Adversity is the mortar that builds us up to our potential... how you approach it matters as your blueprint... how you seek help from others is your scaffolding... and the view of yourself along with what you have learned from past adversity are your building blocks

hang in there
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I obviously don't know what you have done in the past for help, but as someone that works in the mental health field and that has first hand experience in dealing with depression, anxiety, etc. etc., you might want to look into talking with someone. Granted, I work specifically with kids, ages 3-18, but I've seen how for some that therapy can work. Not that I'm pushing that on you, only you know what's right and what's best for you. But I've been with this company two years and running, if you ever want any suggestions or ideas.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

My plan with the help of Porter last night is stay up the whole night and basically FORCE my body to shut down early tonight and try to "reset" my internal body clock. I might regret it around 4-6 this evening, and it not be exactly kosher, but its worked for me before. And therapy was one of the things that started to get me to come back from the clouds at UA. I'm going to give this another day playing poker and just talking about anything else besides my life helped a bit.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rookie ERA

I've been dealing with depression on and off for the past few years. It's affected about every aspect of my life from the massive amount of hours I've laid awake at night, to the days I sit at home on the couch instead of getting out and spending time with friends and family. I've never sought help for it, and tiptoed around people asking me about it and giving advice. The only real way I got around it was keeping my mind busy on other things, such as baseball, instead of things that were keeping me down. Easier said than done, though.

Keep your head high, and don't be afraid to talk about it with someone if you need to.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

MLB ERA

I worked for 12 years in a psych unit and everyone I worked with took at least one antidepressant. Depression is something that people used to say "suck it up and live with it". Now, people take depression more seriously.
    Hang in there, take your meds as prescribed, and listen to your body. It will tell you what you need to do next.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I haven't ever suffered from depression more so than the normal ups and downs everyone experiences from time to time, so I may not be the best help, but for me I have to echo what Trendy said. Staying busy, keeping your mind on something positive and constructive can do wonders in almost any situation. Is there anything you have always want to do or learn that is within your grasp? If so, make the time and effort this weekend and try to make it happen, it might help.

Like I said, I am not an expert, but I do hope you get feeling better. Hang in there Slyder!

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I worked for 12 years in a psych unit and everyone I worked with took at least one antidepressant. Depression is something that people used to say "suck it up and live with it". Now, people take depression more seriously.
    Hang in there, take your meds as prescribed, and listen to your body. It will tell you what you need to do next.
    Its amazing how a couple months can change things. Thank you for all the responses. Anti-depressants are one thing I have refused to take before because most everyone I know that has had to take them end up being an almost everyday appeal and because of what I did in 02 still leaves me worried that any sort of medication might trigger my past.

I'm happier now, especially knowing she is happy and we're still good friends.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Yay! Good Sly! That's good news!

MLB ERA

I dug this up because I could use some good vibes, prayers, and anything else you can send me. Apparently some stuff I did to try and help a situation made things about 10000x worse.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rookie ERA

Good waves sent your way pal... stay strong.
    MSL Athletics GM- 2065+

HOFF Athletics GM- 1978+
    VAV Phillies GM- 1985+

VAV Hornets GM- 1993/94+
    (95/96 Champions)

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I dug this up because I could use some good vibes, prayers, and anything else you can send me. Apparently some stuff I did to try and help a situation made things about 10000x worse.
    Hang in there brother... You're in my prayers. Focus on your intentions and not the outcome that was affected by others. OOTP is good for the soul. Let's get Leo to sim tonight or tomorrow!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast