Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well.. Old DD is biting the bullet, taking the plunge....

Rookie ERA

Re: Well.. Old DD is biting the bullet, taking the plunge....

Congrats, have a ball.

MLB ERA

Well... it is official.. I am an engaged guy.... She cried like 10 times, smiled so much her cheeks hurt, called and texted everyone under the sun...

The glitch for the night... after getting to one of our destinations, the limo broke down and they had to send another one.. so we got an extra 40 minutes out....

All in all... one of the great nights
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA

Well... it is official... I am engaged to be hitched...

Went great... though it almost didn't

Went to work, getting a lot done after showing up early.... my boss, who is also a good long time friend, told me to get out a bit early to get everything together that was needed.... my fiancee catches a bus for work at 12:30 to get to downtown DC by 1:30.... well, at about 12:45 I get a call with her crying.. she missed all the transportation and was gonna have to drive in.... thus she would have to take her keys which she usually leaves locked in her car in the glove compartment so I can unlock her car to get them and go into her apartment complex (her apartment only issues 1 set of keys to each person on the lease).... I just so happened to be heading her way to go to her apartment to get everything set up.... luckily I had broken equipment in the car so when I showed up to be the hero to drive her to work, she had no clue that I had something else in the works.... and she did not drive her car in that would have been left in a downtown garage overnight since I had the limo coming for us

After getting her to work, I picked up the 5 dozen roses... got my suit all ready, checked with the limo company, cleaned up the apartment, cleaned up and made myself as good looking as I possibly can (no small feat).... The limo came at 9PM and I got everything situated... wine, roses, ring, and showed the driver how to use the camera to catch every part of the moment for us.... The limo parks at the beginning of the block.... as she's exiting the building I texted her to go to the right and look for me... she's looking around and is confused... she can't see my car which she was looking for... I started walking up the sidewalk, flowers and ring in hand and dressed to the 9's in my suit... she don't recognize me... I call for her and she's looking all around... when she does recognize that it is me, she is even more confused and even asks what I am doing in a suit.... when I get closer to her and hand her the flowers, and get down on my knee, it finally hits her.... it went from "what are you doing" to her hand over her mouth with a combination of smile and tears... she gets a look at the ring and she's almost to the point of passing out... hyperventilating.... she grabs me and squeezes me to the point where I almost pass out... and after all of that, she is still wondering where my car is, even with the limo right next to me.... LOL...

A bit more to the story beyond that.... but most of that is all the mushy stuff.... all I can say is, it went well... and I'm a happy guy

MLB ERA

Here was her "Oh Shit" moment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Well.. Old DD is biting the bullet, taking the plunge....-jpg  

AAA ERA

Congrats DD!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

This is awesome, I hope I get to that point in my life soon. Congrats and wish nothing but the best.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12