Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good things to do during class

MLB ERA
    Yeah, I have a laptop. But none of my classes have any more than 30 students at one time, I'm in small classrooms, and there's no need for me to take my laptop to class. I don't even take my laptop outside my room, I tend to do all my work in my room.

In HS, I couldn't just walk out either. We usually had a police officer outside the parking lot during class hours, so they could get anybody who tried to run away.

MLB ERA
    I use a laptop for my writing right now, but next year I'm probably going to have a desktop in the room and a laptop to use just for writing(and to carry around with me).
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Actually, it was a pretty strict traditional Catholic school. I would always return to class, but I just figured out which teachers would let things like that slide as a senior given that you don't cause trouble and stay ahead on your work.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Oh, Falcon (ATL... here are some of the Journalism courses I'm going to be taking at UK next semester. Have you had any of these/will you have any of these?

http://www.uky.edu/CommInfoStudies/J...es/JOU535.html
    Nope. I haven't had any Journalism course, nor does it look like I will next year. The school I go to is a branch of Emory, and my school is only a 2 year Liberal Arts school. The only classes they have that are specialized for majors are for the med students and the business students. My school is really small (500 or so students), so they don't have a great variety in classes you can take. I really regret going to a liberal arts college as opposed to a normal one. After next year though I am done with this school and will be able to transfer to a normal school where I can focus on my major, and my major only. I've even considered after I get my 2 year degree to take some time off, move away, get a job, try to find myself, and then when I am ready finish school, but I doubt I will follow through with that plan.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Actually, it was a pretty strict traditional Catholic school. I would always return to class, but I just figured out which teachers would let things like that slide as a senior given that you don't cause trouble and stay ahead on your work.
    Oh, I know you were at a Catholic school, which is why I was surprised to see that. But that's cool that the teachers trusted in you like that. Although based on your background, I'm not surprised they did. (:
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Apparently there are a lot of members on this forum that don't have a plan, LOL.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I use a laptop for my writing right now, but next year I'm probably going to have a desktop in the room and a laptop to use just for writing(and to carry around with me).
    Yeah, I don't really like to carry my laptop around. It's a very nice laptop, everything on it is loaded and it's monitor is 17" so it is generally heavier than your average laptop. It's more of a hassle than a convenience to use it in the library or on the Quad, so I don't move it around much, except to my desk and to my bed. The only reason I got the laptop over the desktop is because we got a better deal for the laptop.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    im in computer classes. Network Security and Server 2003. Im trying to learn the SUSE Flavor of Linux.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by awefullspellare
    Pay Attention.
    Write notes on the material being taught. (Not to your friends!)
    Do the homework.
    Study.
    Read.

yup, very true

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFan2002
    The first year at my high school rocked. Only 700 to be exact. Parking was limited and now in its third year of existence, 1700 kids total, kids stealing food from the snack shop(its inside the school), vandalism in the bathrooms, and doing such horrible things, my high school blows right now. I'm glad I'm not going there right now. Hello college!
    Most of that paragraph made no sense. Might wanna go back .
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Ugh, I was groggy this morning when I typed that.

Summary: Just slack off when you have the time. When you're a senior, enjoy it. It only happens once in your lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    If you have one of those graphing calculators, playing the games on those things passes time admirably.

Yeah, that is pretty damn fun. I love it how my chem teacher thinks I'm actually doing equations on it.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AAA ERA
    you all should buy a psp and take it to class and act like your reading a book and play it...worked for me.

I just have a book out and text during class.

EDIT: The book to make it look like I'm reading while texting.

Rookie ERA
    What I usually did to kill time in class was sleep. My school was basically exactly like Huskerfans' except instead of 1700 kids it was 4900. So it was all of that times 3, wasn't too fun of a stay there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast