Thread: Survivor Nicaragua: Old vs. Young

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Other Survivor Nicaragua: Old vs. Young

Why is former NFL coach Jimmy Johnson on Survivor this season? Also, think Fox is pissed that he is on a CBS show?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Survivor Nicaragua: Old vs. Young

This is going to be epic.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He wanted to do it once before, but had a medical issue. He's a huge fan of the show.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Oh, a reality TV show. And I thought this was about the time Vicente Padilla survived a gunshot wound in a hunting accident.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Even though I was a big Russell fan, it's a nice change of pace in not having him around. I like this new season. Sure, the pace of the game already seems slower. And the vote was straightforward and unanimous, which I'm fine with, because we can't be having shocking tribal councils with blindsides every single week. It just can't work like that. I like that the producers are willing to let the game play itself out and not screw around too much with it. They didn't get rid of the hidden immunity idol, which is too bad, but at least they've made it hard to find again, like it was at first.

Amputee Girl: Usually I hate the crippled because they scare the shit out of me, but I have to give credit to this girl for taking her leg out and literally hopping into the ocean for a swim. But I doubt she lasts long.

Jimmy Johnson: I think he needs to stop talking about how he's only there for the adventure not the money, and that no jury will give him the million dollars. Clearly that's bullshit. Already he's one of the two who are targeted for the vote. Maybe throwing up all over camp had something to do with it? Dude looked like he was going to die.

Naonka: Looks like she's going to be playing the role of the Loud Black Girl Who Cusses Everyone Out, starting next week.

Wendy: Damn. We've already lost the goat rancher. Usually, the redneck older lady with the farm-related profession is always good for some laughs.

Fabio: Gotta mention him just for the nickname they gave him. He's clearly going to be good for some laughs. Everyone's already making fun of him for being a dumbass.

Shannon: I know there are guys named Shannon (like Shannon Sharpe), but that's always bugged me. It's a girl's name. What the ****?

As far as the Medallion of Power, I thought I was going to hate this at first, but after thinking about it, I think I might like it as long as the producers don't give too much power to it, the same way they completely bastardized the game with the Hidden Idol. When Probst first introduced it, I thought its power would be for something like being able to send the other team to Tribal instead of you if you lose the challenge. That'd have been crazy, so I'm glad it's not that.

Tonight if they would have used it, they'd have gotten an extra bucket of water as lead time, which seems like a lot, but in the end, it works out to maybe 30 seconds or 1 minute of head start for solving your puzzle. Which I don't think is that big of an advantage. In the long run, I think the medallion is going to help whichever tribe who's down in numbers be able to even things up. Like next week, the Old Guys are already down 1 member, so it only makes sense for them to use the Medallion to increase their chances of winning Immunity, forcing the Young group to go to Tribal and keep the numbers equal.

Also, what was the point of naming the tribes "La Flor" and "Espada", if Probst keeps calling them "Younger Tribe" and "Older Tribe"?

I like the new Tribal council setting with the cemetery surrounding it, giving it a nice spooky feel.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Favourite part of the show. Dumb redneck Chase. Job, Pro Race Car Jackman.

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

Can someone stuff something (ANYTHING!) in Naonka's mouth so she can't talk anymore? It was almost unwatchable.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Her name's Naonka, not Fool.

MLB ERA

So they're already mixing up the tribes after 4 tribal councils? The old team is too shitty, eh? Now watch one of them win it. So much for old vs. young. I think that's a win for young right there.

MLB ERA

Yve is a MILF. That is all.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Glad they're back to two challenges per episode. Also good that they mixed up the tribes; the old vs. young thing would have gotten out of hand quickly.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It always baffles me when a tribe wants to keep the physically useless contestant (Dan) over the clearly stronger one (Yve) just because he's not a threat. Don't worry, he won't be a threat to you when you're worrying about not making it to the end. Ugh.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Well it's official. NaOnka is the biggest piece of garbage contestant of all-time. We've had quitters before (Osten notably), but NaOnka was just disgusting. She was remorseless and selfish, I wanted to ****ing punch her through my TV. You can't even give up your reward spot for the tribe to get a tarp and rice, and have to let Holly sacrifice herself? That's WEAKKKKKKK. You're leaving anyways, get the **** out of here.

I hate quitters. If you want to go out, at least pretend to fall from a tree and break your leg or something like that. An injury, stomach pains, come up with a valid excuse aside from "I'm breaking down".

Is this the first time we've never had an immunity challenge (recap shows aside)?

I can't even believe that they're letting Naonka + Purple Kelly be on the jury. Are you ****ing serious here.

MLB ERA

They should have let the last two people voted out back into the game.