Thread: Predators

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Predators

Anyone else see this? We saw it Friday night. I enjoyed it. It's probably the best Predator "sequel"...and of course they left the door open for yet another.

Nothing beats the original though. I scored the 2001 15th anniversary edition at Walmart for $7.50 last week. Get to duh choppah!!! I ain't got time to bleed. Classic movie IMHO.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Predators

I thought it was the best outside of the first one as well. I liked all of the nods to the original movie too, including towards the end when the Asian stops to fight the predator- I thought that was an improvement over the Indian guy in the original.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And I can't wait for Ridley Scott's prequel to.. his original Alien.
    Ted

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    I thought it was the best outside of the first one as well. I liked all of the nods to the original movie too, including towards the end when the Asian stops to fight the predator- I thought that was an improvement over the Indian guy in the original.
    Yea, they didn't even show what happened to Billy. Obviously, he died, but they didn't show it. He threw his weapons away, Dutch and the chick left, and then you just heard him scream IIRC. I thought he threw his weapons away because they realized it was hunting those with weapons (hence the reason Dutch sent the girl off weaponless and she made it). I dunno, it was enjoyable either way (the original) and has many classic lines.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think Billy kept his massive bowie knife, and was going for a hand to hand combat situation. I can't remember now. I just know that if there was one notable flaw for me in that movie, it was just that part. But obviously Arnold had to be the only one to fight the Predator one on one. The new one had three so it could allow for the Yakuza guy to take it on. I thought that was a pretty cool sequence, Predatorsthe Predator and the Yakuza killing each other at the same time.

I'll take a sequel, I think that director and Robert Rodriguez actually have a good feel of how to make a Predator movie.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And I was expecting to see an Alien skull/spine among all the other alien bones at the Predator camp. I'm almost glad they didn't, though
    Ted

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    I think Billy kept his massive bowie knife, and was going for a hand to hand combat situation. I can't remember now. I just know that if there was one notable flaw for me in that movie, it was just that part. But obviously Arnold had to be the only one to fight the Predator one on one.
    Yea, you're right. In the bonus stuff I have Arnold said the original script only had him and the Predator in it. He thought it would work better with a team. I think he said it best how it starts off like a war/army/military type movie and then becomes this sort of sci-fi/horror type film (paraphrasing here).

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I can imagine him saying all of that out loud... woulde be amazing.

Yeah, that is what made it classic. You thought it was going to be a Commando type movie, or every other Arnold movie, and then.. oh shit, something bigger than him is killing everyone.

I am glad in the remake, or, whatever you wish to call it, they didn't go after the muscle bound Arnold-lite. It would have been too easy to bring in Vin Diesel and call it Pitch Black 2. And PredatorsEric Foreman dying like that, that was sweet. I think Hyde would have approved
    Ted