Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, Hi

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Baseball Slant Well, Hi

I had a whole long post typed up and the Internet shut down. Internet in Alaska is awful, it really is. So here it is again:

I don't really like doing this, but what the hell, I'll do it anyway. I know it seems like the second or third time I've returned from a prolonged absence but I am back here at the Slant. The last year has been absurdly busy with stuff up at school, mainly working toward a broadcasting career as I'm now heading into my senior year. I was named Sports Director at our campus radio station which is a ton of work but it's worth it - this year I got to do play-by-play for Syracuse's only Top 25 football win of the season, the first SU basketball game ranked as #1 in 20 years and our Big East championship win on Senior Day, and every lacrosse game but one which meant road trips to Notre Dame, Virginia, Johns Hopkins, and the incredible New Meadowlands Stadium. Next year will be even more fun: South Florida and Washington for football, Atlantic City and Georgetown for basketball, etc.
    Right now I am in Alaska (? !) for 2 months calling baseball games for the Mat-Su Miners of the Alaska Baseball League, one of the nation's top two or three college leagues. Check out the alumni for the league: it's damn good.
    (SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION - LISTEN ON MATSUMINERS.ORG. SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION)
    But I miss this place too damn much. Foster tagged me in a picture of Matt Stairs Way on Facebook. The bastard tugged right at the heartstrings with that one. So here I am again. I love you all.

And just for the hell of it, I'd like to thank some S3F legends.
    - Steak
    - Waruvemeggion
    - nyjunc
    - joek
    - ejk
    - Bon Bon
    - Al Pacino
    - Wally Mo Pena

That's all for now.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Well, Hi

+rep

It really is great to read an update like that brown. I knew about some of the things, like the Miners PBP, but to think about how it was just a couple of years ago when you were talking about pursuing a broadcasting career and to see you know is great. We might not be the biggest the site, but we have all stuck together for the most part and to see members like you go from high school kids to being so close to starting a big career, or members who have gone through life changes like marriage or becoming a parent, is really really cool.

Awesome to have you back, and please, if you ever become a hard hitting news journalist down the road, be kind when you cover one of us in a heart-wrenching story about local vagrants. Something like "He revolutionized how to sleep in a cardboard box."

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Ha, I look forward to it. If I ever make it to the majors I'll be sure to pimp BaseballSlant as much as possible without getting fired for free sponsorship.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Welcome back brownie

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I take pride in knowing I was part of this.

P.S. I got another photo for you folks coming later this summer. Just you wait.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

NYGF must be heart less, he didn't come back. I knew it!

HI BEBE, WELCOME BACK SEXAY
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It just makes it that much easier for us to talk behind his back. Not that I really want to, but its nice to know its an option.

MLB ERA

wait. what is this place? hahahaha
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Jesus, its a full on blast from the past assault.

Welcome back ghetto. How are you doing man?

MLB ERA

good hahah. planning a trip to cincy around oct 28th for some reason. corky millers mustache told me to.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That stache can inspire men to all sorts of great things. I just hope that it is inspiring the men (and women who can, god help them) grow staches of their own in Cincy.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I almost thought I heard the Senator's footsteps..
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

McKain knows he can't win a S3SL title anymore. Old man.

(Did that get him out of hiding?)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He knows he's Saber's *****. In fact, he's Saber's mom's *****.
    Ted

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    I had a whole long post typed up and the Internet shut down. Internet in Alaska is awful, it really is. So here it is again:

I don't really like doing this, but what the hell, I'll do it anyway. I know it seems like the second or third time I've returned from a prolonged absence but I am back here at the Slant. The last year has been absurdly busy with stuff up at school, mainly working toward a broadcasting career as I'm now heading into my senior year. I was named Sports Director at our campus radio station which is a ton of work but it's worth it - this year I got to do play-by-play for Syracuse's only Top 25 football win of the season, the first SU basketball game ranked as #1 in 20 years and our Big East championship win on Senior Day, and every lacrosse game but one which meant road trips to Notre Dame, Virginia, Johns Hopkins, and the incredible New Meadowlands Stadium. Next year will be even more fun: South Florida and Washington for football, Atlantic City and Georgetown for basketball, etc.
    Right now I am in Alaska (? !) for 2 months calling baseball games for the Mat-Su Miners of the Alaska Baseball League, one of the nation's top two or three college leagues. Check out the alumni for the league: it's damn good.
    (SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION - LISTEN ON MATSUMINERS.ORG. SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION)
    But I miss this place too damn much. Foster tagged me in a picture of Matt Stairs Way on Facebook. The bastard tugged right at the heartstrings with that one. So here I am again. I love you all.

And just for the hell of it, I'd like to thank some S3F legends.
    - Steak
    - Waruvemeggion
    - nyjunc
    - joek
    - ejk
    - Bon Bon
    - Al Pacino
    - Wally Mo Pena

That's all for now.

Hoooooo ****ING haaaaaa! I love a man with taste. You're the ****in' man....you see....I'm not one to brag on certain ****ers...but I will say......IT'S AMAZING TO HAVE A MAN OF YOUR ****ING CALIBER...BACK IN THESE PARTS.....

HOOO HAAA FOR ALL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast