Thread: New Styx Album

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

New Styx Album

i was at a game the other day and i overheard some guy talking about the new Styx album he just picked up. i use to be a huge Styx fan back in the day and didn't even know they released a new album. the album is called Big Bang theory. i was wondering if anybody has checked it out...? thinking of reviving the Styx fan inside me

AA ERA
    WOAH! I have to get this! I LOVE STYX!! I just bought the 20th century masters CD of theirs yesterday. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! They have great guitar riffs complete with amazing soft love songs. I hope to go to their concert at the Nebraska State Fair this fall. I will have to check it out.

BTW-How old are you? I've ran into several adults who loved Styx and it is kinda cool. My dad loved them when he was younger and my friend Nate's too.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    I have Cyclorama... the one from last year... I did not know a new one was out

MLB ERA
    last I read a few months ago, the next styx album was going to be a "covers" album. Gotta go look this one up now.

MLB ERA
    Ahh yes, that didn't take long. Here's what I found on this album:

Like 2004's less than stellar Cyclorama, those looking for this to be the big Styx record that will catapult them back into the mainstream will be sorely disappointed in the contents of this record. It's not a CD of new material, rather, it's a 14-song collection of covers from some of the band's influences and all-time rock favorites. Starting with a live recording of the Beatles' "I Am the Walrus," the band works its way through the great rock & roll songbook with safe, relative ease. Also included are the Who's "I Can See for Miles,"the Lovin' Spoonful's "Summer in the City," Blind Faith's "Can't Find My Way Home," Jimi Hendrix's "Manic Depression," Jethro Tull's "Locomotive Breath," and Free's "Wishing Well." All fine choices, and in combination with Styx's usual clean production and relaxed atmosphere around the usually serious album format makes Big Bang Theory a record that die-hard fans will enjoy and casual fans might regard as a passing novelty stopgap in between records.

MLB ERA
    They performed 'I am the Walrus' in concert last year

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    I went to the styx world website and watched the video they had for I am the Walrus, it's great. Flashback style, but it makes for a good watch. The new studio version of Blue Collar Man off the new release is pretty sweet. I picked up Big Bang and I have to say it's a fun listen! I didn't take things to seriously before I put it in, very enjoyable though!