Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Breaking News: Terrorists Attack London

If I may ask something:

Here is the definition of Islam:

A religion with more than 1,400 million believers. It is dominant in East- and North Africa, Middle East, Central Asia and in Indonesia.
    Why is it that Islam is located in the most troublesome areas of the world? Coincidence?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosox21
    Not every Muslim interprets the Koran the same way, just as every Christan doesnt interpret the Bible the same way.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosox21
    Im Catholic so I have no place to attack other religons when my faith covered up persists molesting kids. Not every religon is perfect.
    Just to clear this up... your "faith" didn't cover up sh!t. What happened is that the faction of Christianity that you follow (being the Catholic religion and more specifcally the Catholic Church) has been covering up and turning a blind eye to priests molesting and raping kids for years (probably hundreds of years if you could look up the info on it).

I assume that your faith is in Christ, not the catholic church (at least I hope thats how you believe).

Or perhaps because the Islamic faith was founded in that area and they were rebuked from expansion through Europe by Admiral Horatio Nelson, perhaps that is why they are there.

Or it could be possible that Europeans had more advantages in allies allowing for faster evolution of business and goods, meaning more money. Money often seems to be able to solve a lot of problems with crime, hunger, etc.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    Just to clear this up... your "faith" didn't cover up sh!t. What happened is that the faction of Christianity that you follow (being the Catholic religion and more specifcally the Catholic Church) has been covering up and turning a blind eye to priests molesting and raping kids for years (probably hundreds of years if you could look up the info on it).

I assume that your faith is in Christ, not the catholic church (at least I hope thats how you believe).
    Would it be fair to then say, that a faction of the Islamic faith is committing these actions and it would be unfair to judge the whole by a small portion? I know it is stated in the Quar'an/Koran that they should do such and such, but as you agreed to, it is interpreted differently by everyone. I have my doubts that when Muhammad wrote/received inspiration/BSed (whatever anyone here may thing), he meant that his people should commit crimes in an out of war. I could be wrong admittedly.

I think Bosox meant his religious leaders rather than his religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    um, I don't think he was so much bashing the religion as he was showing his frustration in what most of clearly see. When there is a group of religious fantatics who are killing innocent people and all in the name of "allah" (or whoever), I'd never question someones right to ***** and/or complain about that religion. We don't see greeks killing people in the name of Zeus. We don't see baptists killing innocent people in the name of Christ. But we continually see muslims killing in the name of their god.

The post was a reactive comment, nothing more. If it continues all over the place, then perhaps it could be considered bashing, but in the context of this thread, I think it can also be found as acceptable (possibly reviewable if complaints are made).

Why is that? Its' not more acceptable to bash Islam, Christianity, Hindus or Pagans over there than it is over here. Why would you even say this?
    Lynch, gotta call BS here.

A. There was religion bashing. Calling Islam a non-peaceful religion is something that can be defended and ADH did that later, but at the time ATLien posted, ADH provided no backup to his statement and that's bashing Islam.

B. I find it very hard to believe that the abortion clinic bombings in the US, even with my extremely limited knowledge, had nothing to do with the people being Christian and following a certain sect of Christianity. Not in the name of Christ, rather due to morals. I know there are Churchs who are making life miserable for some people due to a sexual choice. Not on the level of killing or injury or terrorism, but Christianity is not immune from being hurtful to people. (Just looked something up quick and a militant Christian group named "Army of God" did claim responsibility for bombing an Atlanta abortion clinic and a G/L nightclub. A guy who admitted to it supposedly bombed the 1996 Olympics and hid in the mountains for years. Seems familiar).

C. Although I don't see it as Islam bashing, there are some insensitive comments considering 99.99% percent of the people in the ME have nothing to do with this (made-up statistic, but I imagine it's close). I think no one would take it lying down if someone from the middle-east came on the NFL Forums and said about the U.S. and their use of power in Afghanistan

"Let's just bomb the Middle East (U.S) and get rid of all these assholes"
    "Only way to get rid of them all would be to nuke. We can't do that, because then we couldn't drill there for oil."

Heh. Call me a bigot, but I would not miss Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan or India if they mysteriously all disappear.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    If the Middle East were wiped off of the face of the earth, it would not take long before you realized how much you missed it.
    Two character limit!

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    Heh. Call me a bigot, but I would not miss Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan or India if they mysteriously all disappear.
    I hate to dissapoint you, but I am Indian. I hope you don't think of me as a bad person or a terrorist. Why is India an axis of evil in your mind? I sure would like to hear it because I am quietly angry about what you said. India has nothing to do with terrorism and most terror experts has never ever included India as part of terrorism.

Most Indians are peaceful people for the most part. They don't make waves and say lot of dumb stupid things.

Indians are not even Muslims. They are either Hindus or Christians.

Another thing. INDIA AND PAKISTAN HATE EACH OTHER.

MLB ERA
    Why is it that Islam is located in the most troublesome areas of the world? Coincidence?
    Why is it that most "bad" Christians are located in the US? Because the most Christians are in the US.

Why is it that the most "bad" Islams are located in the Middle East? Because the most Islams are in the Middle East.

I won't call you a bigot. I'll call you incredibly ignorant, since you don't seem to know the repricussions of the "disappearance" of those places.

OK, let me just use those countries you have listed (SA, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, India) and just use oil as the barometer. We could go into deeper issues about the people and such, but oil will suffice.

These are numbers from 2000, so it's a good half-decade back, but I think it will give the point what it needs

Saudi Arabia produced the most oil IN THE WORLD in that year with 441.2 billion barrels. The U.S. was second. Iran and Iraq produced over 180 billion and 120 billion barrels respectively. Iran was third while Iraq was 7th.

Estimates of undiscovered oil has the Middle-East and North Africa holding 35.4% of world oil and 29.3% of natural gas. They nearly double the 2nd leading regional holder of undiscovered oil (estimate) which is the Former Soviet Union. The Former Soviet Union is the only region ahead of the ME/NA in natural gas. If you include Sub-Sahara Africa (4th in that ranking of Oil) and Asia-Pacific/South Asia (5.2%), that's a significant amount of oil and gas you'd be missing. Considering the use of oil in those areas is small relative to the powerhouse regions of North America (specifically the U.S.) and eastern Europe, gas prices would skyrocket if those regions disappeared.

In 2000, Saudi Arabia was the 2nd biggest importer of oil behind Canada (and certainly Canada is a ahead due to better relations and closer imports).

That's just one reason why it's foolish to say that that one wouldn't miss those countries if they all disappeared. Of course, the oil is a reason that many think Bush went into Iraq, but that's a completely different argument that we shouldn't get on, I was only displaying the significance of it.

MLB ERA
    Ok ladies... after a few complaints and comments about this thread, it's being shutdown and closed.

For future reference, this thread is a prime example of why I personally do NOT endorse having a political or religious forum on this site. It may happen someday, but I don't think it'll be anytime soon. Blatent disrespect for people is too easy to do when it comes to politics and religion. Sometimes it's done without even knowing it and other times, it's done on purpose just because some people like to see what kind of a reaction they can get.

Either way, this thread is done.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345