View Poll Results: Who will rack up the most money at the box office this weekend?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daybreakers

3 75.00%
  • Youth in Revolt

1 25.00%
  • Leap Year

0 0%

Thread: Movie Pick'Ums: Vampires vs. George Michael vs. Obligatory Romantic Comedy

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Thumbs Up Movie Pick'Ums: Vampires vs. George Michael vs. Obligatory Romantic Comedy

Daybreakers
    Director: Michael Spierig, Peter Spierig
    Stars: Ethan Hawke, Willem Dafoe, Sam Neill
    Studio: Lionsgate
    Theatres: 2,400
    The Plot: In the year 2017, a plague has transformed most every human into vampires. Faced with a dwindling blood supply, the fractured dominant race plots their survival; meanwhile, a researcher (Hawke) works with a covert band of vamps on a way to save humankind.

Youth in Revolt
    Director: Miguel Arteta
    Stars: Michael Cera, Portia Doubleday, Ray Liotta
    Studio: Dimension Films
    Theatres: 2,000+
    The Plot: Like most teens, young Nick Twisp (Cera) is ruled by his libido. And from the recesses of a trailer park in Northern California, Twisp concocts a plan -- make that multiple schemes -- to lose his virginity to a local girl, the precocious Sheeni Saunders (Doubleday).

Leap Year
    Director: Anand Tucker
    Stars: Amy Adams, Matthew Goode, Adam Scott
    Studio: Universal Pictures
    Theatres: 2,400
    The Plot: Anna (Adams) has spent four years with her boyfriend, Jeremy (Scott), without a wedding proposal. During his business trip to Dublin, Anna opts to act on Leap Day, an Irish tradition that encourages women to propose to men on the date February 29th. A re-routed plane trip, however, lands her at the door of a Welsh innkeeper (Goode), who might offer a diversion of his own.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Movie Pick'Ums: Vampires vs. George Michael vs. Obligatory Romantic Comedy

Other: Avatar
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Other: Avatar

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That's f---ing gold. You can't make it anymore clear that it was James Cameron's European guilt flick than that.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm glad someone knows what half those scribbled words are.
    Ted

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I simply can't wait to see Youth In Revolt. It won't be the box office hit, but the dude from Hangover is genius.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Youth In Revolt is one of my favorite books, I actually got the sequel to it to read for Christmas. But I am trying to keep my expectations low (given the source material and cast of actors, all of which I adore.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I never even knew it was a book. Even more intriguing. I am sure I will see the movie first, which will hopefully prompt me to buy the book.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ted

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Alvin and the Chipmunks: the Squeakquel beat out all the new movies. Damn.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    I never even knew it was a book. Even more intriguing. I am sure I will see the movie first, which will hopefully prompt me to buy the book.
    I will say, it is raunchy. I can't comment on the film yet, but the book was definitely taboo material when I was 14 and reading it for the first time. One of the rare books that will make you laugh out loud.