Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Madden 10

MLB ERA

Re: Madden 10

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Commentary is mediocre

College football sucks

Superstar mode sucks anyways, I never use it

Franchise mode is nice, although I haven't gotten to an offseason yet to see how that goes.

College football sucks
    So basically your argument is that because in your mind college football sucks, madden isn't a flawed game?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    So basically your argument is that because in your mind college football sucks, madden isn't a flawed game?
    No, my argument is that I don't care much for college football so i'm not going to get much enjoyment out of a college football game whether the gameplay is better or not.

My 2nd argument is that even if the NCAA game is better that doesn't make the Madden game flawed, it just makes it not quite as good.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

No, my argument is that I don't care much for college football so i'm not going to get much enjoyment out of a college football game whether the gameplay is better or not.

My 2nd argument is that even if the NCAA game is better that doesn't make the Madden game flawed, it just makes it not quite as good.
    I can see that. But I gave you 3 reasons why the Madden game IS flawed. The draft scouting (I've been told) is significantly worse than previous versions, and the franchise mode and superstar mode are apparently crap.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    I can see that. But I gave you 3 reasons why the Madden game IS flawed. The draft scouting (I've been told) is significantly worse than previous versions, and the franchise mode and superstar mode are apparently crap.
    You said nothing about the scouting and you did not say the franchise mode was crap.

In fact, you said the franchise mode is nice, just not any better than the dynasty mode in NCAA.

And, as I said, I could care less about the superstar mode anyways. It's a stupid concept. I liked it when they first introduced it because it was something new, but it got old and dumb fast.

Most people I talk to feel the same way, which is probably why they stripped it down.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Madden 10 is supposed to be capable of an online franchise mode. I'd love to start up a online league. One sim a week on Sunday afternoon. Ya got all week to play your game online against your scheduled opponent, if ya can't we sim. I just can't Commish with all I already have going. I can offer a sub-forum though.

MLB ERA

So, LJ, how exactly is NCAA 10 so much better than Madden 10 when they had this many bugs to fix?

rom: Pastapadre.com

EA Sports has released the details of the second patch for NCAA Football 10. This appears to be a very substantial patch which is somewhat expected since the first patch addressed little other than fixing the sliders, adding the ability to turn off DLC cheats in Online Dynasty, and making the somewhat more accurate rosters playable online. The patch is expected to be out soon but no official date has been specified as of yet.

As has been pointed out though in the comments there is no mention of player progression. That has been one of the most discussed issues with the game and was anticipated to be fixed but according to the info has not been addressed. I’m also surprised that there hasn’t been adjustment made to the Aggressive (aka Facemask penalty) game planning.

Continue on for the full patch list. Will this patch be enough to change alter your opinion on the game or is it too little, too late?

--Player Lock in Online Games will now move the camera behind the locked player (like Offline games)

--Greatly increased the quality of uploaded videos

--Fixed an issue with penalties on a change of possession in Overtime

--Fixed an issue where you would sometimes lose control of your player going offsides in no huddle situations

--Tuned holding chances on Field Goals and Extra Points

--Fixed a couple pass coverage issues with Wild Cat plays

--Tuned the chuck success chances to favor more neutral results. Wins and Losses are extreme and should occur less for both the offense and defense

--AI Tackle slider is now more effective

--Lead Blocking tweaks to fix some cases of pulling lineman ignoring defenders

--Fixed a few rare cases that would cause players in pursuit to run away from the ball carrier

--Tuned the CPU ball carrier to make some smarter choices

--Fixed a bug where the CPU would high step at inappropriate times

--Tuned player switching logic to give a more appropriate player

--Fixed an issue with Punts being spotted incorrectly when the punt went out of bounce

--Corrected an issue where pressing in man coverage would cause the CPU to throw the ball too early

--If the receiver caught a pass during a slip, rarely would he be ruled down after the catch (even if he got up before making the catch). This has been fixed.

--Fixed a bug where sometimes the clock would continue to run after hold on an extra point

--Forward pitches are now correctly tracked as passing and receiving yards for the players involved

--Receivers will now try and release to the appropriate side of the defender based on their route

--Fixed some problems that were causing defensive players to not always get back in time during hurry up plays

--Reduced the effect of the Run Block Slider on special teams plays

--Tuned how effective the slant route for running backs out of the backfield was

--Tuned how far away diving sacks will start from

--Fixed an online grieve with pausing the game

--Fixed a bug where using a TeamBuilder team as the away team would cause the team colors to be incorrect

--Fixed an issue where some Dynasty teams were only able to offer 15 scholarships. You will not have to restart your dynasty for this to take effect, the fix is for offline and online dynasties.

--Certain TeamBuilder teams were incorrectly being blocked by the profanity filter and showing up as XXXX, this has been corrected

--Fixed and issue where Punt was not the default selection on 4th down and punting distance

--Off-centered single digit jersey numbers are now centered correctly
    Fixed a crash in Custom Stadium Sounds when the list of files was too long

--TeamBuilder teams with & in the name can now be searched properly

--Fixed an issue where the “Online Dynasty Servers are Down” pop-up was showing up incorrectly

MLB ERA

So, LJ, how exactly is NCAA 10 so much better than Madden 10 when they had this many bugs to fix?

rom: Pastapadre.com

EA Sports has released the details of the second patch for NCAA Football 10. This appears to be a very substantial patch which is somewhat expected since the first patch addressed little other than fixing the sliders, adding the ability to turn off DLC cheats in Online Dynasty, and making the somewhat more accurate rosters playable online. The patch is expected to be out soon but no official date has been specified as of yet.

As has been pointed out though in the comments there is no mention of player progression. That has been one of the most discussed issues with the game and was anticipated to be fixed but according to the info has not been addressed. I’m also surprised that there hasn’t been adjustment made to the Aggressive (aka Facemask penalty) game planning.

Continue on for the full patch list. Will this patch be enough to change alter your opinion on the game or is it too little, too late?

--Player Lock in Online Games will now move the camera behind the locked player (like Offline games)

--Greatly increased the quality of uploaded videos

--Fixed an issue with penalties on a change of possession in Overtime

--Fixed an issue where you would sometimes lose control of your player going offsides in no huddle situations

--Tuned holding chances on Field Goals and Extra Points

--Fixed a couple pass coverage issues with Wild Cat plays

--Tuned the chuck success chances to favor more neutral results. Wins and Losses are extreme and should occur less for both the offense and defense

--AI Tackle slider is now more effective

--Lead Blocking tweaks to fix some cases of pulling lineman ignoring defenders

--Fixed a few rare cases that would cause players in pursuit to run away from the ball carrier

--Tuned the CPU ball carrier to make some smarter choices

--Fixed a bug where the CPU would high step at inappropriate times

--Tuned player switching logic to give a more appropriate player

--Fixed an issue with Punts being spotted incorrectly when the punt went out of bounce

--Corrected an issue where pressing in man coverage would cause the CPU to throw the ball too early

--If the receiver caught a pass during a slip, rarely would he be ruled down after the catch (even if he got up before making the catch). This has been fixed.

--Fixed a bug where sometimes the clock would continue to run after hold on an extra point

--Forward pitches are now correctly tracked as passing and receiving yards for the players involved

--Receivers will now try and release to the appropriate side of the defender based on their route

--Fixed some problems that were causing defensive players to not always get back in time during hurry up plays

--Reduced the effect of the Run Block Slider on special teams plays

--Tuned how effective the slant route for running backs out of the backfield was

--Tuned how far away diving sacks will start from

--Fixed an online grieve with pausing the game

--Fixed a bug where using a TeamBuilder team as the away team would cause the team colors to be incorrect

--Fixed an issue where some Dynasty teams were only able to offer 15 scholarships. You will not have to restart your dynasty for this to take effect, the fix is for offline and online dynasties.

--Certain TeamBuilder teams were incorrectly being blocked by the profanity filter and showing up as XXXX, this has been corrected

--Fixed and issue where Punt was not the default selection on 4th down and punting distance

--Off-centered single digit jersey numbers are now centered correctly
    Fixed a crash in Custom Stadium Sounds when the list of files was too long

--TeamBuilder teams with & in the name can now be searched properly

--Fixed an issue where the “Online Dynasty Servers are Down” pop-up was showing up incorrectly
    I didn't say it was, I just said that from what I had heard, Madden was VERY flawed.

MLB ERA

Looks to me like NCAA 10 was the one that was "very flawed"

MLB ERA

Looks to me like NCAA 10 was the one that was "very flawed"
    Well, I've experienced AT MOST 2 of those things that were fixed in the patch, so I'm not sure about a lot of them. In my experience, the flaws in NCAA are few and far between, and I had heard some negative aspects of Madden. Obviously my experience with these games are limited and zero respectively, but from the little bit I could attest to, NCAA was better.

If I'm wrong, fine, I was just going on what I knew/had heard.

Just got Madden. Seems pretty awesome.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

I bought Madden 10, and I have enjoyed it so far. But, since I have become kind of poor since it came out, I haven't played online. I'd like to, maybe someday. LOL.

BTW, since when did this place become "baseball slant"? I thought I had the wrong place for a few seconds.

MLB ERA

It was changed to "baseball slant" 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

It was changed to "baseball slant" 2 or 3 weeks ago.
    Huh. Well OK. Thanks for the info.

MLB ERA

Madden 10 is a fun game, but franchise mode still has a bunch of issues & bugs, and the devs really need to ****ing learn how to fix the stupid roster limitations for next yr if they aren't going to patch it. Close to ruins franchise mode, especially for someone who wants to use the Bears, since at the end of season 1 in franchise mode he will flat-out disappear for good (as will every and any other player who sits on IR upon starting your franchise, due to the roster limit of 53 or whatever it is). Pancake blocks and the offensive line in general still is an issue. Statistical output from CPU-controlled teams in franchise mode is completely out of whack most of the time. I've heard the next official patch (patch #2) for Madden is supposed to fix a lot of things, but I'm not holding my breath. Either way, bullshit glitches and bugs, even minor, always add up with Madden games. I can play a single game here or there, or a game against a friend at home or online against a buddy. But I'm too anal to enjoy the franchise mode. They just never fix some of these little things. It's getting better, and it sure is a lot more fun to play than it was last yr, but it is far from a realistic football sim. I've heard NCAA is much better in that regard, but 1. I'm not much into college football and 2. stats in NCAA are always weird, so it doesn't stand out as much if some RB for a little school rushes for 6.5 YPC one year in your dynasty mode. I'm sure there's stuff NCAA misses too.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

since at the end of season 1 in franchise mode he will flat-out disappear for good (as will every and any other player who sits on IR upon starting your franchise, due to the roster limit of 53 or whatever it is)
    Simple fix: Don't start the franchise with preexisting injuries.

I'm sure there's stuff NCAA misses too.
    Scroll up to post 21

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12