Thread: SNES / FC Twin / Retro Duo question

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Question SNES / FC Twin / Retro Duo question

has anyone ever purchased / used the FC Twin or Retro Duo (plays NES and SNES games)? are they legit? or would I be better off trying to obtain an original SNES?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: SNES / FC Twin / Retro Duo question

Never used them. But I do still have a SNES.

MLB ERA

apparently, my sister still had her mini SNES (smaller sleeker version like the slim PS) and she let me have/use it. I checked it out last night and it works perfectly. I just purchased the original SNES Ken Griffey Jr baseball game on eBay for less than $10 with Priority shipping. I love that game. it's so simple, yet so much fun. I remember finishing games in 15 mins or less. I should have it by the end of the week at the latest.

MLB ERA

nice going prov, i spent years on my childhood playing that game
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA

awwww snap! the game arrived today and it's in perfect condition. I played one exhibition game at Fenway against the Sawx and won. I just started a 162-game season with Oakland. We're 1 - 1 (lost 3 - 2 and won 5 - 2 against Detroit). I renamed all the A's players correctly with one exception. I made myself Rick Honeycutt. The A's only have 2 lefties and he's the better of the 2. Sorry Rick! I set up the Eck. Nostalgia, here I come!

MLB ERA

well, we are 25 - 4 through 29 games so far. Bob Welch is 7 - 0. Eck is 2 - 1 with 6 saves and ERA under 1.5. Dave Henderson has 29 RBIs along with 9 homers. Scott Brosius and McGwire each have 8 homers. I (Rick Honeycutt) have 2 saves with an ERA under 0.60. Only a few games have been blowouts. I always seem to have a lot of close games.

What was your preferred strategy HiG? I always like to put the best defensive guys in there regardless of their hitting (for the most part). I feel like the runs saved and extra outs far outweighs mediocre to bad fielding with good hitting. I took my DH out, my 3B, and my 2B. I moved my SS to 2B and CF to DH. Bench players took 3B, CF, and SS. 3B is an 8 and both CF/SS are 9's. My lowest is my current 2B with a 6 (they don't have to make too many long throws or anything. I've got a 7 at LF, RF, 1B, and C. It really makes a difference due to how they have the ratings for the game.

MLB ERA

my strategy was simple since i was 10 years old, hit all the 525 foot HR i can

my only worry for defense was the arm and i would change it up to how I like it but never take out the better hitter

if i was Toronto i had no worries, used Seattle a lot so i had to change the defense a bit
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA

it was just something I figured out and preferred over time. I got tired of noodle armed 5 defense guys costing me outs whether it was their lollipop throws from the OF or their slow moving and weak throws that allowed more IF hits. It's just funny that the defense number is all encompassing: their speed in the field and their arm. Guys can be slow runners when they are batting, but if they have a high defense number, then they turn into Deon Sanders lol.

Just for example, my weak hitting SS (with his 9 D) hit an inside the park homer against the Red Sox even with his 4 speed...thanks to Rob Deer and his 4 or 5 D in RF. lol. I like how they made Rob Deer black, too.

MLB ERA

I had an epic/heart attack 3-game series with the Mariners yesterday.

Game 1: losing 1 - 0 going into the bottom of the 9th. I get a runner two 3rd base with 2 outs. Mark McGwire hits a walk-off 2-run homer for the 2 - 1 win. Goose Gossage got the win in relief (2 - 0).

Game 2: facing Randy Johnson and losing 2 - 1 going into the bottom of the 9th. I get a runner on 3rd base with 2 outs again. This time Dave Henderson hits a walk-off 2-run homer for the 3 - 2 win. Bobby Witt with the complete game victory (5 - 3, almost fell to 4 - 4 despite an ERA of 1.74).

Game 3: 1 - 0 win thanks to a Scott Brosius homer. Eck with his 9th save (2 - 1 - 9, 1.30 ERA)

We're 31 - 5 and off to KC for 3 games (24 - 12, 1st place).

MLB ERA

I've played 120 games in the season so far. I've only hit for the cycle once (McGwire) and only 1 player hit 3 homers in a game (Sierra). It happened in back-to-back games as well.

MLB ERA

I finally pitched a perfect game on the day of the season against the Angels w/ Todd Van Poppel of all people.

After only averaging about 3.5 runs per game (563 total) for the season despite averaging 1.33333 homers per game (216 total), we ended up absolutely destroying the Red Sox in the 1st round. We won 20 - 2, 14 - 1, and 11 - 1. We have 30 hits, 31 hits, and 20 something hits in the 3rd game.

We beat the Jays in the ALCS and now will play the Giants in the World Series.

I'll be doing a season with the Braves when I'm done I think.

I also got Sim City for $5 at a flea market a couple weeks ago (nerdy, I know). I already had a friggin' nuclear meltdown I can't remember if the waste ever goes away or not. It's been over 10 years since it happened. They told me to bulldoze everything and build in another area. I ended up leaving it. A little nuclear waste never hurt any sim cities in my mind.