Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Palin quits

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Sarah Palin quits

Fulfilling the first term in office? Pfft, that's for sucka gov'ners. She's a superstar, remember?

MLB ERA

Re: Palin quits

She didnt quit... she resigned... quit is such a bad way to put it, she didnt want to run again, she wants to focus on presidency
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That's not always the case. I believe "Richard Nixon quits" would have sounded much better than "Richard Nixon resigns." At least less scandalous.

MLB ERA

Palin is going to run for president?

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

What's worse is that there are plenty of people in this country who would be stupid enough to vote for her.

MLB ERA

LOL Re: Palin quits

nailin' palin, eh mofo

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Sarah Palin: "I'm not a quitter, I'm a fighter"

...Interesting. So, she proves that she's not a quitter by, uh, QUITTING her job?

MLB ERA

Strange move.. because normally those who resign from a position in government don't do well in future election endeavors

But... Palin has appeal within the conservative base.... strong appeal and for pretty good reasons... so that could counter balance it in the primaries if she would choose to run for Prez...

But... the whacko left has such a strong aversion to her.. and with the DEM party being controlled more by the whacko far left than the blue dog moderates, it is unclear whether or not she would really be electable... IMHO she would have to have a large spotlight position sometime within the next year to 18 months, and it would have to be loaded with success and accomplishment, for her to have any shot of winning a presidential election
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    Strange move.. because normally those who resign from a position in government don't do well in future election endeavors

But... Palin has appeal within the conservative base.... strong appeal and for pretty good reasons... so that could counter balance it in the primaries if she would choose to run for Prez...

But... the whacko left has such a strong aversion to her.. and with the DEM party being controlled more by the whacko far left than the blue dog moderates, it is unclear whether or not she would really be electable... IMHO she would have to have a large spotlight position sometime within the next year to 18 months, and it would have to be loaded with success and accomplishment, for her to have any shot of winning a presidential election
    I agree. I mean, first off, if she's resigning to concentrate on her 2012 campaign, I understand(although it's a little dumb since she would have been finished with her term in 2010, and would have had 2 years to plan her campaign) the reasoning, but any politician who steps down, well, that's just not a good thing to see from a future president.

Additionally, I personally don't understand why Palin has such a following. She's not the brightest (as far as we've seen) politician, she's not a good interview, she's not a great talker, she's been proven to have been involved in multiple scandals involving improper termination of her brother in law and the money towards the bridge to nowhere. She has almost no experience doing anything, this being just her 3rd(I think?) year as governor of Alaska, which I can only assume is a state that has less to do with foreign policy than many others. So, her qualifications aren't spectacular, AND she's resigning her previous political job? To me, there's no reason she should win a presidential election.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    I agree. I mean, first off, if she's resigning to concentrate on her 2012 campaign, I understand(although it's a little dumb since she would have been finished with her term in 2010, and would have had 2 years to plan her campaign) the reasoning, but any politician who steps down, well, that's just not a good thing to see from a future president.

Additionally, I personally don't understand why Palin has such a following. She's not the brightest (as far as we've seen) politician, she's not a good interview, she's not a great talker, she's been proven to have been involved in multiple scandals involving improper termination of her brother in law and the money towards the bridge to nowhere. She has almost no experience doing anything, this being just her 3rd(I think?) year as governor of Alaska, which I can only assume is a state that has less to do with foreign policy than many others. So, her qualifications aren't spectacular, AND she's resigning her previous political job? To me, there's no reason she should win a presidential election.
    She has a following on what she has done.. The rest of what you mention is leftist drivel and unfounded allegations....
    1) She is no dumber than an Obama or whomever else... Much like the instant "assumption" of Bush being stupid, the left continued their game plan with pushing forward of Palin being "dumb".. and please don't talk about speaking ability after we see Obama and his piss poor speaking ability without a teleprompter
    2) Termination "scandal", she was exonerated
    3) More experience than Obama and other Presidential candidates
    4) States don' have anything more in foreign policy than having "sister cities"
    5) She actually came out well in the bridge to nowhere after she had all the information

Her stances and guidelines are closer to that of many true conservatives than most other REP candidates have been (maybe with the exception of Fred Thompson in the last election)...

IMHO this may be the only thing that would put her back from at least a run for the presidency... as stated, she may not win because of the loony left's stranglehold on the DEM party.. and she may not win because of having another more experienced candidate.. or she may not win because the atmosphere of politics may be a bit different (in terms of needs) in 2012...

But she is certainly in the category of "qualified"

Do I think she will run, or will win, or will be the best candidate?? Who knows, 2012 is a ways away.. All I know is she is still one to watch in terms of the pulse of the minority party right now, and after we take that pulse we see what other diagnoses and treatments are needed and what happens overall

MLB ERA

I expect her to "retire" until 2014 when Ted Stevens old seat in the Senate comes open. I don't think she has the party wide appeal to come back in 2012 and run for the nomination for president.

I also think this has EVERYTHING to do with the media's treatment of her family. I think its ridiculous some of the criticisms she and her family have had to deal with when you dont see anyone else held to the same standard.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

She has a following on what she has done.. The rest of what you mention is leftist drivel and unfounded allegations....
    1) She is no dumber than an Obama or whomever else... Much like the instant "assumption" of Bush being stupid, the left continued their game plan with pushing forward of Palin being "dumb".. and please don't talk about speaking ability after we see Obama and his piss poor speaking ability without a teleprompter
    2) Termination "scandal", she was exonerated
    3) More experience than Obama and other Presidential candidates
    4) States don' have anything more in foreign policy than having "sister cities"
    5) She actually came out well in the bridge to nowhere after she had all the information

Her stances and guidelines are closer to that of many true conservatives than most other REP candidates have been (maybe with the exception of Fred Thompson in the last election)...

IMHO this may be the only thing that would put her back from at least a run for the presidency... as stated, she may not win because of the loony left's stranglehold on the DEM party.. and she may not win because of having another more experienced candidate.. or she may not win because the atmosphere of politics may be a bit different (in terms of needs) in 2012...

But she is certainly in the category of "qualified"

Do I think she will run, or will win, or will be the best candidate?? Who knows, 2012 is a ways away.. All I know is she is still one to watch in terms of the pulse of the minority party right now, and after we take that pulse we see what other diagnoses and treatments are needed and what happens overall
    So the argument is that she didn't screw up the things that her critics say she did? I mean, I'm sorry, the woman has done nothing that makes her qualified to be a president, hell, I'm not sure how McCain thought she was qualified enough to be a VP candidate. Seriously, a politician who's participation and interviews completely guaranteed that her party would lose the last presidential election should not have any involvement in the next presidential election. What a politician must do is be able to gain SOME(albeit lately, a relatively small amount) of support from the opposing party. She has none. She is utterly unsupportable to non-conservatives, and she doesn't have the attractive personality traits to warrant her getting sufficient votes to win a major election.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but in my mind, there isn't nearly enough going for her to warrant her thinking she should even be involved in the 2012 election. Admittedly, there's plenty of time before that campaign, which is why I'm saying this *as of right now*.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    So the argument is that she didn't screw up the things that her critics say she did? I mean, I'm sorry, the woman has done nothing that makes her qualified to be a president, hell, I'm not sure how McCain thought she was qualified enough to be a VP candidate. Seriously, a politician who's participation and interviews completely guaranteed that her party would lose the last presidential election should not have any involvement in the next presidential election. What a politician must do is be able to gain SOME(albeit lately, a relatively small amount) of support from the opposing party. She has none. She is utterly unsupportable to non-conservatives, and she doesn't have the attractive personality traits to warrant her getting sufficient votes to win a major election.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but in my mind, there isn't nearly enough going for her to warrant her thinking she should even be involved in the 2012 election. Admittedly, there's plenty of time before that campaign, which is why I'm saying this *as of right now*.

And Obama was even less qualified... are you complaining about him? Obama is even less appealing to the opposing party.. are you complaining about him?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

She left to star in Monsters Inc. 2
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

And Obama was even less qualified... are you complaining about him? Obama is even less appealing to the opposing party.. are you complaining about him?
    Neither one was the perfect savior. I'm not saying no. But Obama spent time as a congressman in a major state. He was the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. And I guarantee he could name a single magazine he's read.

I wouldn't argue one was LESS qualified than the other, I won't argue who was less appealing. The difference is that Palin scared more people off than Obama did. There's a reason for that....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast