Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson is dead

MLB ERA

Re: Michael Jackson is dead

It's shocking but it's not too surprising.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Nick, he was supposed to do a 50 city tour this summer and his manager/managers were hoping that would lead to new music, movies, etc. Obviously the intent was for him to get out of debt.

MLB ERA

As the world continues to try to grasp and make sense of the incredibly shocking death of Michael Jackson, several people close to the family and investigation are hinting that prescription drugs may have played a role in the King of Pop's demise.

Brian Oxman, the Jackson Family spokesman and former lawyer for Michael, in an interview on Thursday night that "I can only tell you that this is something that was not unexpected." Oxman went on to say that "the medications which Michael was under, this family has been trying for months and months and months to take care of Michael Jackson."

Oxman went on to compare the Jackson situation to that of the late Anna Nicole Smith. "The people who have surrounded him have been enabling him. If you think the case of Anna Nicole Smith was an abuse, it's nothing in comparison to what we have seen taking place in Michael Jackson's life," Oxman told CNN.

--Jeeze, now talk of drugs being involved is emerging....Sad sad day.

MLB ERA

To Mission:
    I didn't hear that honestly, but it's sad either way. Obviously, a 50-year-old man in his kind of shape wasn't going to last a 50-city tour. I know that the tour in London was simply to get him out of debt, but I had no idea this was in the works. I'm sure it would have gotten him out of debt-- the demand was still there. But when you think about it, he's 50 and wasn't going to have the energy that his fans expect to see out of him. I thought about it for a minute lastnight when I heard that he had been at "practice" (rehearsal, whatever) the night before passing. To go on a tour and be the entertaining force that he used to be when he was youthful, but now old enough to carry an AARP card and a ton of luggage as well... it just didn't seem realistic either way. The dancing, the stage shows, noise... night in, night out.. plus all of the rehearsals and travel time, and his current state. I don't think he would have come near finishing the tour. It's sad that money seems to have been such a driving role in this.

LJ:
    I'm sure they were pumping him full of everything and anything to keep his motor going. First thing I thought, when I heard he was dead, was an overdose. If it was heart complications, it was because of drugs. However it turns out, drugs will be at the center or the cause I'm sure.

He was addicted to painkillers and benzos in the early 90s even. Once the tour started, if it got that far, he would've been a walking zombie.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    To Mission:
    I didn't hear that honestly, but it's sad either way. Obviously, a 50-year-old man in his kind of shape wasn't going to last a 50-city tour. I know that the tour in London was simply to get him out of debt, but I had no idea this was in the works. I'm sure it would have gotten him out of debt-- the demand was still there. But when you think about it, he's 50 and wasn't going to have the energy that his fans expect to see out of him. I thought about it for a minute lastnight when I heard that he had been at "practice" (rehearsal, whatever) the night before passing. To go on a tour and be the entertaining force that he used to be when he was youthful, but now old enough to carry an AARP card and a ton of luggage as well... it just didn't seem realistic either way. The dancing, the stage shows, noise... night in, night out.. plus all of the rehearsals and travel time, and his current state. I don't think he would have come near finishing the tour. It's sad that money seems to have been such a driving role in this..
    The eerie thing about this is my dad was born on the same day as Jackson. I almost lost him a month before Kate was born so for him to die at 50 is really a surreal feeling. Not because of his stature but just the eerie birthday.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

I'm sure they were pumping him full of everything and anything to keep his motor going. First thing I thought, when I heard he was dead, was an overdose. If it was heart complications, it was because of drugs. However it turns out, drugs will be at the center or the cause I'm sure.

He was addicted to painkillers and benzos in the early 90s even. Once the tour started, if it got that far, he would've been a walking zombie.
    Yup, the rumors are Demerol. Not good. They say that he had always been taking Demerol for "chronic pain" related to old injuries including a broken leg and a broken vertabrae. Sad to see such an icon have such a poor end to his life, between the pain, the debt, and the molestation accusations.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    To Mission:
    I didn't hear that honestly, but it's sad either way. Obviously, a 50-year-old man in his kind of shape wasn't going to last a 50-city tour. I know that the tour in London was simply to get him out of debt, but I had no idea this was in the works. I'm sure it would have gotten him out of debt-- the demand was still there. But when you think about it, he's 50 and wasn't going to have the energy that his fans expect to see out of him. I thought about it for a minute lastnight when I heard that he had been at "practice" (rehearsal, whatever) the night before passing. To go on a tour and be the entertaining force that he used to be when he was youthful, but now old enough to carry an AARP card and a ton of luggage as well... it just didn't seem realistic either way. The dancing, the stage shows, noise... night in, night out.. plus all of the rehearsals and travel time, and his current state. I don't think he would have come near finishing the tour. It's sad that money seems to have been such a driving role in this.

LJ:

not sure about that. i mean, keith richards is still able to go on tour NOW and he lived a harder life than jackson ever did. yeah he didnt do as much movement as MJ did, but he actually plays whereas MJ never had to SING (if he didnt want to) during his performances. just dance.

I wouldnt be surprised if he died of something similar to demoral since he was frequently on that and its easy to OD on that kinda stuff, especially considering he had a high tolerance....
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA

I said the same thing to my mom about Keith too, Rockin... but when I thought about it for a second, he's an old burnout... Mike Jackson was an old nutcase, basically. Even if he was completely healthy, I kind of doubt he would've made it through a 50-stop tour in addition to his stuff in London.

I'd just assume all of that dancing takes a major toll on your body after awhile too. Or all proffessional dancers just dig opiods/benzos more than others.

Evidently he was dancing like the Michael of old at his last rehearsal (night before), but who knows really.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    not sure about that. i mean, keith richards is still able to go on tour NOW and he lived a harder life than jackson ever did. yeah he didnt do as much movement as MJ did, but he actually plays whereas MJ never had to SING (if he didnt want to) during his performances. just dance.

I wouldnt be surprised if he died of something similar to demoral since he was frequently on that and its easy to OD on that kinda stuff, especially considering he had a high tolerance....

I honestly don't know, what made Keith Richards' life hard?

You do know that Michael Jackson suffered from chronic pain due to a broken vertabrae and a burned scalp from earlier in his life, right? You do know that he was verbally, emotionally, and physically abused by his father, right? You do know that the whole thing involving child molestation (despite never even being proven) made the entire world think he was an evil bastard, right? I mean, Jacko had a ROUGH life. If there's something that I don't know about Richards, let me know, but Jacko dealt with a LOT.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post

You do know that Michael Jackson suffered from chronic pain due to a broken vertabrae and a burned scalp from earlier in his life, right? You do know that he was verbally, emotionally, and physically abused by his father, right? You do know that the whole thing involving child molestation (despite never even being proven) made the entire world think he was an evil bastard, right? I mean, Jacko had a ROUGH life. If there's something that I don't know about Richards, let me know, but Jacko dealt with a LOT.
    l'm talking about the MASSIVE amount of the hard core drugs. That basically messes everything up about the body, including mental and physical health. the amount of drugs he was taking wrecks a person's body.

yeah, jackson had a rough life, a good portion of it selfinflicted though. And he lost the benefit of the doubt due to the fact that he paid out a huge settlement in at least one of the cases. so yeah, i have no problem with people thinking he was an evil bastard since the appearance is there he was guilty.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Anyone see that footage of Michael Jackson two days before he died? It was rehearsal for his tour and he looked great, especially for a guy at 50 who hasn't toured for some time.

Oh and it appears there is a lot of unheard music that Sony or someone will be riding for years to come. Too bad it will be years before we can actually hear all the new music and I am sure they'll just continue to release various greatest hits mix with a new song or two on the end as the bait to buy an album where you might already own 80% of the tracks. Still, I look forward to hearing what he has done, especially recently.

My Way News - 'Endless' supply of music in Jackson's vaults

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post

Sounds like somebody spent time at Neverland Ranch.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    l'm talking about the MASSIVE amount of the hard core drugs. That basically messes everything up about the body, including mental and physical health. the amount of drugs he was taking wrecks a person's body.

yeah, jackson had a rough life, a good portion of it selfinflicted though. And he lost the benefit of the doubt due to the fact that he paid out a huge settlement in at least one of the cases. so yeah, i have no problem with people thinking he was an evil bastard since the appearance is there he was guilty.
    You can say that, but a) there's no proof that he ever did it. Plus, the drugs that Keith Richards used were self inflicted too...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Really good Larry King special tonight, an inside look at Neverland with Jermaine Jackson.

MLB ERA

I saw that the other day. It was really awkward at times.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast