Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: BSG - Bill Simmons discussions

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: BSG - Bill Simmons discussions

Brad Penny throws 96 with tons of movement. Unfortunately, it's bowel movement.
    about 11 hours ago from web

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Epic BS Report podcast today as Simmons played back all of the most classic JackO quotes about the Yankees from back in April, including calling Mariano Rivera "Property of the Boston Red Sox".

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

# My neighborhood lost power for 7 hours last night, reminding me of something: Living in the 1800's must have really sucked. 9:59 AM Dec 23rd from web
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

BSG doing PBA bowling play-by-play this week. Sunday 1 pm eastern.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A+ for the Prokhorov column. I was on this guy's bandwagon, but I'm even more on the bandwagon now.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A: Without question. MRMC should have Godfather-offered the Wilpons (for the Mets) or the McCourts (for the Dodgers) -- he could have had a much bigger impact right away.
    That would so ****ing rule if he was to buy out the McBrokes. Too bad most Euros don't like baseball, so it probably won't happen.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Dana White on podcast. I don't follow UFC, or watch it, but I enjoy reading articles on this guy. I think he should run all major sports.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I like Dana White, if only because he talks the same way I do. For instance, "Go the f*** to bed."

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He would have fired your bullpen by now.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Exactly. I can imagine him declaring, "If Broxton f***s up again, I'll cut him right after the game! I don't care if he goes on to become the all-time saves leader for another team!"

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I almost feel like if he owned an NBA team, there's zero chance it doesn't win at least one title, because he wouldn't screw around and waste time or money on Brian Cardinals, Marcus Banks, and 90% of what's on the knicks. I don't think he would openly cut a good player if he got cold or something. But he wouldn't back down from the stars, he'd call out Howard or Lebron for being giant vaginas.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't go that far as to say there's no chance he doesn't win a title, because it all depends on which team he owns. Star players don't flock to small-to-mid major market teams, and you need to be lucky in the draft lottery.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He'd turn a team into an attractive destination. But he wouldn't take a team knowing it had no chance. So Toronto is out. He'd be ruthless, I think he would handle the analytical aspects just fine. More than likely, he'd hire people specifically for that. Obviously he would be compared to Mark Cuban, but for everything Cuban has done, he's still guilty of Erick Dampier, Desagana Diop, maybe not moving Howard sooner, maybe giving up too soon on Nash, maybe trading for the wrong veteran PG (although I will not gravitate towards Bill Simmons' view on that deal. Harris is a solid player, but he seems moody and perhaps more of a Jason Terry clone with potential to defend).

I think it'll be interesting to see what Cuban does in the off season. Same for the Russian dude.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

are we talking about dana white? dana white knows how to make money, and dana white is a great business man... but dana wouldnt know exactly who to sign and draft, hed always draft the big name. kimbo slice, james toney... he's always up for giving guys chances to prove themselves, but hes guilty of taking the sideshow attraction or two. hell, even brock lesnar could be thrown into that category... it just so happens that lesnar is gigantic and an animal, and can fight an mma fight. there would definitely be a marcus banks (who by the way, was considered the fastest guy in that draft with the ball in his hands... he proved to be worthless in the nba, but coming out, banks wasnt somebody they stretched a round on or something).

but i do love the way he handles things post-fight... firing daley on the spot, dumping kimbo after 2 fights, etc etc. dana does know how to make money though. unfortunately with cap penalties and things of the such, i think dana would be much better off running a baseball team. this way he could sign teixeira to a 12 year deal, and cut him after the first april.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm holding out hope that an Arab oil tycoon becomes interested in baseball and on his first day of ownership declares Jihad on the rest of the National League.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast